Clear All

• 2015-2016 Women's Mid-Major Poll

SDSU starts the season as the #8 team in ESPNs mid-major poll

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-ba...preseason-poll

Re: 2015-2016 Women's Mid-Major Poll

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
    SDSU starts the season as the #8 team in ESPNs mid-major poll

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-ba...preseason-poll
    Ashley Luke transferred to Green Bay? And she is eligible this year? I recall her leaving WIU but at the time I thought they said she left for personal reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
      Ashley Luke transferred to Green Bay? And she is eligible this year? I recall her leaving WIU but at the time I thought they said she left for personal reasons.
      She had completed her undergrad degree and therefore was immediately eligible.
      USD Fan

Comment

The personal reason may have been her fiancé as well.(and play on a much better team)
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

SDSU comes in at #10 in College Insiders Poll.

USD is ranked #21

http://www.collegeinsider.com/womens...jor-top-25.php

Comment

SDSU comes in at #10 in College Insiders Poll.

USD is ranked #21

J
            Jackrabbits will have a struggle to stay top 10 with the first 9 games including Arkansas, Notre Dame, Maryland, and DePaul getting some attention in the AP polls. Marist and UNI are getting some attention in the mid major too. The number of quality games in Frost for the WBB is looking very exciting.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
              J
              Jackrabbits will have a struggle to stay top 10 with the first 9 games including Arkansas, Notre Dame, Maryland, and DePaul getting some attention in the AP polls. Marist and UNI are getting some attention in the mid major too. The number of quality games in Frost for the WBB is looking very exciting.
              Yeah it's going to be a doozy. I'm predicting the Jacks will finish the ooc with a 9-4 record. The only real gimme games I think are Portland State, UNCO, and UNI.

Wins: Marist, Arkansas, Pitt, ODU, Portland State, UNCO, UNI, Creighton, BG
              Loses: ND, Maryland, Depaul, GB

Comment

Yeah it's going to be a doozy. I'm predicting the Jacks will finish the ooc with a 9-4 record. The only real gimme games I think are Portland State, UNCO, and UNI.

Wins: Marist, Arkansas, Pitt, ODU, Portland State, UNCO, UNI, Creighton, BG
                Loses: ND, Maryland, Depaul, GB
                We shoulda beat GB last year,lost it in the last couple min,blew a 4 pt lead with 2 TO's in a row for uncontested layups(credit GB)......if we do well this year,have to rid ourselves of the Summit League curse of having about 5-10 min scoring droughts. Gb will be a lot tougher to beat this year with Luke joining the team again.I'll say 10-3.....Just because I'm an optimist .I think we win one marquee game GB (at GB) or DePaul (at Frost)
                ,and give ND (at home) and Maryland a good contest.We have good experience this year with our core group of players,though we lost a good group of seniors.Don't think newbies will get a whole lot of playing time against ND or Maryland(except Geubert,if she's ready in such a short time).The win games are by no means automatic either,have to play well in all the games,no lapses.If 10-3 doesn't pan out,I'd take SanDakotaStates 9-4 in a heartbeat.
                Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-04-2015, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                  J
                  I think we can beat Depaul. They arent ranked in the AP poll and 22nd in the coaches poll. Arkansas isnt ranked this year so we have a great chance there. How about getting the #3 team in the nation in Brookings. Thats not going to happen for a long time again. We need to get the students to the game, a saturday afternoon game. If we cant fill it for ND, we wont fill it for anyone but USD. And i dont think weve done it then except maybe the first time we played them after they moved up.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                    I think we can beat Depaul. They arent ranked in the AP poll and 22nd in the coaches poll. Arkansas isnt ranked this year so we have a great chance there. How about getting the #3 team in the nation in Brookings. Thats not going to happen for a long time again. We need to get the students to the game, a saturday afternoon game. If we cant fill it for ND, we wont fill it for anyone but USD. And i dont think weve done it then except maybe the first time we played them after they moved up.
                    I think we were shell shocked last year with DePauls style of play,no one in the Summit plays with that kind of intense pressure. We should be more prepared this time around, and we'll be playing at home.Big difference.Creighton can play them tough,I see no reason why we shouldn't be able to also.

Comment

I'd be thrilled with a 9-4 start. For that to happen, one of the young posts is going to have to hit the ground running. Our guard/wing depth is incredible but Ober is going to need some help, especially against these.tall and talented OOC teams. There won't be much room for error against a handful of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                        I'd be thrilled with a 9-4 start. For that to happen, one of the young posts is going to have to hit the ground running. Our guard/wing depth is incredible but Ober is going to need some help, especially against these.tall and talented OOC teams. There won't be much room for error against a handful of them.
                        I remember the OSU game and Chloe making a shot over Ruth Hamblin(highlight clip),she also ripped an inbound pass right out of her grasp,best game I've ever seen her play,she was a woman possessed.Must be the Cornemann blood, sister Ketty made a lunging game preserving deflection into Jill Youngs hands against Gonzaga ,our best FT shooter who was promptly fouled and she hit both ,when they played at Frost years ago. Yea,we need more than one post player presence to beat some of these teams. Elle can help out and she shoots the three well. Jennie Sunnarborg was a really good three point threat,so was 6-2 Megan Stuart, who pretty much schooled current 6'5" UConn post Natalie Butler when she played for Georgetown. She had real good footwork and could quickly go either direction,played the glass really well,kept just out of reach,nice soft shot. We will need those kinds of efforts in our upcoming tough OOC schedule.Lots of good memories given to us by former Jackrabbits.Flaata and Mieras can help too,hopefully,although a lot to ask of players with little experience against players of the quality they will face in ND,Maryland,etc.Hope they can rise to the task.
                        Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-04-2015, 10:39 PM. Reason: spell chk

Comment

SDSU remains at #10 (as does the rest of the top 10 from last week).

USD drops 1 spot to 22nd.

Comment

SDSU drops to #11 despite a good showing against the #3 team in the nation and beating Arkansas who is receiving votes in the AP poll.

USD is receiving 20 votes

Comment

SDSU drops to #11 despite a good showing against the #3 team in the nation and beating Arkansas who is receiving votes in the AP poll.

USD is receiving 20 votes

I understand it is way too early in the season to put a lot of stock into this, but how in the F do we drop after last week? Yikes....

Comment

Working...
                              X