2015-2016 Women's Mid-Major Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2015-2016 Women's Mid-Major Poll

I really don't care if these voters don't think much of our WBB team corralling a team as good as ND and not letting them go on one of their patented runs of 20+ or more.They can be an explosive team.Look at the quarters,first quarter,we outscored them by 2,second ,they outscored us by 5,the third quarter was our worst quarter,they outscored us by 8, and the last quarter we matched them point for point finishing it even up.This isn't some high mid -major we're talking about, this is ND ,ranked third in the nation.We basically played them even for three quarters and had one bad quarter (bad as in 8 point defecit,not 20+)That's pretty impressive to me anyway,especially when we didn't exactly have one of our best shooting games to boot.These polls don't really mean anything if the teams can't produce anyway.If there's any proping up,or overlooking going on,it will eventually show up.
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-25-2015, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Or voters shrugged off loss to ND as expected, and hardly dropped Rabbits at all.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
        Or voters shrugged off loss to ND as expected, and hardly dropped Rabbits at all.
        I could agree with that, but I'm not sure how they justify Saint Mary's moving ahead of us. Evidently wins against Northern Colorado (2-2) and Wyoming (2-1) are more impressive than a victory over SEC Arkansas and a close loss to the #3 team in the country. Or how does Gonzaga move to #1 from #4 with losses to USC and Stanford, neither of which is anywhere near as good as Notre Dame?

But hey, lets win all our games this week and I bet we see a nice jump up in the polls!

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

But hey, lets win all our games this week and I bet we see a nice jump up in the polls!
          That's the positive side of our tough schedule. If we truly are worthy of being in the top-5 of the mid-major or top-25 of the "real poll" we will make it pretty obvious by January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Losses against UConn ,ND,SC,ETC ,are pretty well always forgiven.....against NDSU and Denver like last year,even IUPUI to some extent.....no

The Summit has to raise their conference rpi for a little more forgiveness,on the other hand,if teams are better,there might be more losses too.Danged if you do,danged if you don't.
            Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-25-2015, 10:59 AM. Reason: added content

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
              I could agree with that, but I'm not sure how they justify Saint Mary's moving ahead of us. Evidently wins against Northern Colorado (2-2) and Wyoming (2-1) are more impressive than a victory over SEC Arkansas and a close loss to the #3 team in the country. Or how does Gonzaga move to #1 from #4 with losses to USC and Stanford, neither of which is anywhere near as good as Notre Dame?

Didnt stanford just get beat by Santa Clara? A Samta Clara team who lost by 45 to Washington and 35 to USC

Comment

Maybe some voters confused ND with the ND Fighting Hawks?

Comment

http://espn.go.com/ncw/story/_/id/14219445

ESPN also has a mid-major poll. We are fourth.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                    http://espn.go.com/ncw/story/_/id/14219445

ESPN also has a mid-major poll. We are fourth.
                    That one makes a lot more sense. Rank teams based on what they've done, not slot voting based off preseason expectations. These are fun to look at, but don't mean squat come tourney time. Big wins this weekend and winning all the games we should win (no Summit losses) will mean a lot more than these rankings. But a fan can dream that we could move to number one none the less. Winning all our games this weekend would guarantee a #1 ranking in both polls I expect.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                      Ashley Luke transferred to Green Bay? And she is eligible this year? I recall her leaving WIU but at the time I thought they said she left for personal reasons.
                      Luke went down with a season ending injury in uwgb first exhibition game. Big loss for both her and uwgb.

Comment

Luke went down with a season ending injury in uwgb first exhibition game. Big loss for both her and uwgb.
                        It sounds like she will try to come back next year to get that 4th year of playing.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                          It sounds like she will try to come back next year to get that 4th year of playing.
                          She redshirted at GB her first year right? And 3 at western? So this is her 5th year?
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            She redshirted at GB her first year right? And 3 at western? So this is her 5th year?
                            Nope, she was at WIU last year and was eligible right away at Green Bay because she had graduated and had a year of eligibility left.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                              Nope, she was at WIU last year and was eligible right away at Green Bay because she had graduated and had a year of eligibility left.
                              I believe this would have been her 5th year.

I think she lost a year (or most of a year) at WIU due to an injury. There was an article posted earlier here that said she could apply for a waiver for a medical hardship but that she would have to pay her own way to Green Bay because they won't have any scholarships.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                                I believe this would have been her 5th year.

I think she lost a year (or most of a year) at WIU due to an injury. There was an article posted earlier here that said she could apply for a waiver for a medical hardship but that she would have to pay her own way to Green Bay because they won't have any scholarships.
                                that would make sense but I didnt recall hearing anything about her missing time at Western. Seems like we played her a bunch there so I just guessed she played her 3 years she was enrolled there.
                                Also didnt she have to sit out a year to transfer from GB to Western?
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X