Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Playoffs

We haven't been able to win a bid to host the last two years with our own facility - it is not likely to happen when you need to rent a stadium, unless you play a team that doesn't want to host at all.

Comment

Sell just said on the SDSU pregame show that SDSU will bid for a playoff game, but on Nov. 9th, the field will be leveled and within the next week the stands will be taken down.

Sell said they are working with the people in Sioux Falls to get Howard Wood lined up.

Basically confirms what was already reported in this thread.

Comment

In would think the SF Sports Authority would help with the bid. A playoff game would bring a number of people into Sioux Falls. It would also put Sioux Falls on ESPN, or at least ESPN3.
        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Please let this nobowls.com bracket come to fruition. I like our chances against UNI if we play them again, and it would be amazing having NDSU and ISUr on the opposite side. I think we have to beat ISUr to get a seed though.

Comment

Well, I guess we can stop hearing about a "playoff" run for our friends down south.

I actually went on their board today, and had to laugh, as their NDSU thread...19 pages. Missouri State 9 pages (they won, you know). UNI... 1 post on the 4th page.

I think the Jacks get in. Hope we don't have to play Jax. State in week 1 though. That would suck.

Comment

Here I thought my Yotes lost this past weekend. But after the apparent win over UNI, I like the Yotes playoff chances.

http://unipanthers.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp311/gotts811/uni_zpsgezqilzj.png
              USD Fan

Comment

april fools......
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
                  Here I thought my Yotes lost this past weekend. But after the apparent win over UNI, I like the Yotes playoff chances.

http://unipanthers.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp311/gotts811/uni_zpsgezqilzj.png
                  So, are you a USD fan or NDSU fan? If you're claiming "my Yotes", it looks like you are quite the bandwagon NDSU fan.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                    So, are you a USD fan or NDSU fan? If you're claiming "my Yotes", it looks like you are quite the bandwagon NDSU fan.
                    Been a fan of the Yotes since my days as a student at USD, which is a long time. (Not quite Nidaros old, closer to the vintage of Jack JD) Don't understand the NDSU bandwagon fan reference.
                    USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
                      Been a fan of the Yotes since my days as a student at USD, which is a long time. (Not quite Nidaros old, closer to the vintage of Jack JD) Don't understand the NDSU bandwagon fan reference.
                      Must not be your photobucket page then. I made an assumption, my bad.

Comment

Everyone is assuming a Sioux Falls playoff game would be played at Howard Wood. What about Kirkeby-Over Stadium?

IMO, Kirkeby-Over would be a fantastic venue with a capacity of 6500 (our last playoff home game drew just 4300).
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                          Everyone is assuming a Sioux Falls playoff game would be played at Howard Wood. What about Kirkeby-Over Stadium?

IMO, Kirkeby-Over would be a fantastic venue with a capacity of 6500 (our last playoff home game drew just 4300).
                          Zim mentioned in his chat that augie or usf might be in the hunt for playoff games also plus howard wood is city owned and probably would be the better option.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post

I'd agree if this game was on thanksgiving weekend(1st rd), and the temp and windchill were in the single digits or below. If it's 2nd rd with students back(I'm sure there'd be a few shuttle buses) and moderate temps I'd expect to have a decent crowd. Also factor in the casual fans from a metro area of 200k population and I think a good showing at Howard Wood is very likely.

Comment

I've been to Augie's stadium and liked it. But, I don't want to see the Jackrabbits play there. My reason is simple: I don't want to bring attention to a program (or their facility) when that program may compete with SDSU for the support of fans who have not formed an allegiance to either school.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                                I've been to Augie's stadium and liked it. But, I don't want to see the Jackrabbits play there. My reason is simple: I don't want to bring attention to a program (or their facility) when that program may compete with SDSU for the support of fans who have not formed an allegiance to either school.
                                Highly doubtful(5% chance) we'd play there. I disagree though when it comes to giving them or the facility attention. The casual fan/someone on the fence wouldn't choose one over the other based on us promoting a playoff game there. If they chose Augie over SDSU based on facility/stadium, I'd say have fun cheering for the Vikings. I can't say anyone, possibly even Augie fans would choose their stadium over ours. Now it could come down to school colors....wait a sec. Ultimately it's proximity, allegiances and fan experience. The days of us competing with Augie over a fans are over. Don't get me wrong, I love what Augie and USF have done and I hope they continue the success in D2. It only bodes well exposure wise for SD. I just don't think the concern over losing a potential fan holds any water. Now if we were to use the"Grain Bin" 95 miles south of Brookings you may have an argument. Then again we'd rather play in a field of corn stubble than play in that place. Once every 2 years is enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X