Hobo day 2015 "THE THREAD"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hobo day "THE THREAD"

Any word on DB Nick Mears, who's kind of the QB of the Jacks' defense? He had to get helped off the field during the Youngstown game because of a leg injury. That's a worrisome injury. So is the fact that the o-line took a beating last week. The UNI game is always a slugfest. Depth matters.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Seems like both lines have been getting dinged up pretty good too. hopefully guys are able to play and none are out for good for injury.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

So as the week goes on, I am getting pretty nervous for this game. I have concerns that after two big wins in a row, we are ripe for a let down and UNI is to good to not be at our best. Also, UNI has everything to play for. They need to win out to make the playoffs. After playing us, their remaining schedule is pretty easy. USD and Indiana St. in Cedar Falls, then they hit the road against MSU, and then they host SIU. All of those games UNI should be favored but it doesn't matter if they don't win this week.

Hobo Day is a tricky week and we haven't always played our best. Honestly, I'm nervous. Someone talk me down!
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
          So as the week goes on, I am getting pretty nervous for this game. I have concerns that after two big wins in a row, we are ripe for a let down and UNI is to good to not be at our best. Also, UNI has everything to play for. They need to win out to make the playoffs. After playing us, their remaining schedule is pretty easy. USD and Indiana St. in Cedar Falls, then they hit the road against MSU, and then they host SIU. All of those games UNI should be favored but it doesn't matter if they don't win this week.

Hobo Day is a tricky week and we haven't always played our best. Honestly, I'm nervous. Someone talk me down!
          UNI definitely has their back against the wall and will most likely come out very aggressive. They could easily be 4-2. They are banged up after a couple of very physical games. We have to contain their Quarterback Bailey as he ran all over NDSU. Not as much of a passer so if we keep him in check and force them to throw we have a good chance of winning this game. Hit them hard early and come out fast again with some scores to get them down.

Comment

WestSideRabbit, I'm right there with you. Hobo Day games aren't always our best.
            2014- Lost to YSU.
            2013- Lost to SIU
            2012- Beat YSU
            2011- Beat SIU
            2010- Beat YSU
            2009- Beat UNI- Awesome game from what I recall!
            2008- Lost to McNeese State in 3 OT, another awesome game even though we ended up on the wrong end.

After going through the schedules, I guess we are 4-3 on Hobo Days as a full-time D1 team, I actually thought it was worse than that.

Comment

UNI is still a very good team, despite their record, you could definitely argue that they are a top 10 team. Interesting how everything shakes out in the Valley!
              Comparing some scores...
              NDSU 31 - UNI 28
              NDSU 28 - SDSU 7 -Advantage UNI

SDSU 38 - YSU 8
              YSU 29 - ISU-red 31
              ISU-red 21 - UNI 13 - Advantage SDSU (although obviously nearly impossible to compare this way)

SDSU 41 - KU 38
              KU 13 - Iowa St. 38
              Iowa St. 31 - UNI 7 -Advantage SDSU simply because we beat a FBS team, even though a horrid one.

Not a lot of mutual opponents to compare scores here. Basically a wasted post on my part. Although by going through a bunch of schedules right now, I will say that it appears WIU is better than advertised. Loses to #1 Coastal Carolina and Illinois. We will find out a lot in the Valley this week between our UNI game and WIU @ ISU-red.

Comment

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
                WestSideRabbit, I'm right there with you. Hobo Day games aren't always our best.
                2014- Lost to YSU.
                2013- Lost to SIU
                2012- Beat YSU
                2011- Beat SIU
                2010- Beat YSU
                2008- Lost to McNeese State in 3 OT, another awesome game even though we ended up on the wrong end.

After going through the schedules, I guess we are 4-3 on Hobo Days as a full-time D1 team, I actually thought it was worse than that.
                Our overall home record is a lot better so this is usually a game that is close or we lose. I doubt this year is one we need to worry as much for. The way our D has played I think we have a shot in every game.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
                  2014- Lost to YSU.
                  2013- Lost to SIU
                  2012- Beat YSU
                  2011- Beat SIU
                  2010- Beat YSU

So did I! I'm still haunted by the McNeese game apparently. Not as bad of a record as I thought.

Comment

According to Depth Chart. Looks like all of the injuries on O-Line are back for this week. Only injured player not listed on depth chart is Nick Mears.
                    http://www.gojacks.com/pdf9/3993809.pdf

Comment

I'm hopeful for a good performance, but I know that UNI has their back to the wall.

I won't make this one, as it is once again State CC Meet on Hobo Day (3rd year in a row).

Hope the team plays well, and brings home a victory.

Comment

Like each of the last two weeks, Jacks have a chance to let the rest of FCS, but especially selection committee know Sdsu is a top team. Jacks are playing well, both offensive and defensive sides. Relative to most other teams, including UNI, team is healthy and should be ready to go. I am hoping that South Dakota State does not come out flat.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                          Like each of the last two weeks, Jacks have a chance to let the rest of FCS, but especially selection committee know Sdsu is a top team. Jacks are playing well, both offensive and defensive sides. Relative to most other teams, including UNI, team is healthy and should be ready to go. I am hoping that South Dakota State does not come out flat.
                          I would love to see the game count and get that 21 point spread for the victory. Convincing wins are not a bad thing in these types of games.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                            According to Depth Chart. Looks like all of the injuries on O-Line are back for this week. Only injured player not listed on depth chart is Nick Mears.
                            http://www.gojacks.com/pdf9/3993809.pdf
                            Dang. Mears' injury must be serious. He'll be missed. He's got good experience and is one of the team's hardest hitters.
                            This space for lease.

Comment

Is Kollmorgan out? If Bailey is their lone QB, can he throw? Charles Brown was their leading receiver in our game with them last year, but it appears that the rest of their offense difference makers graduated.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                                Is Kollmorgan out? If Bailey is their lone QB, can he throw? Charles Brown was their leading receiver in our game with them last year, but it appears that the rest of their offense difference makers graduated.
                                He is out due to concussion.

Comment

Working...
                                X