Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017 Recruits

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
    Jacks are the first D1 program to offer Logan Strom, a 6'8" 230 lbs PF, out of Norfolk, NE according to his twitter account.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3510581/...s/326402378/v2

Kid looks more like a junior in college than a junior in high school. Very polished for a post that age.
    Good footwork, loved the left-handed hook. He really has nice form on his outside shot too. Me likey.

Comment

David Wingett of Winnebago, NE follows Coach Cooley on Twitter. I don't know if it means anything, but he also has high interest from Nebraska as well. He's #50 in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVSR7J-l9Vg and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFgpP9iFQto

Comment

Originally posted by SDHoops View Post
        David Wingett of Winnebago, NE follows Coach Cooley on Twitter. I don't know if it means anything, but he also has high interest from Nebraska as well. He's #50 in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVSR7J-l9Vg and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFgpP9iFQto
        Wingett looks raw, but at 6'7" with a lot of bounce, he has the upside that D1 basketball programs like.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2696170/david-wingett
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
          Actually, Class "A" Basketball is going with a "Sweet 16" or "Super Regional" format... Teams will play in their respective regions as usual. Then the remaining sixteen teams (two per region) will get re-seeded 1-through-16 and play a one-game playoff for a State tournament berth. So it's very possible that two teams out of Region 3A will be playing in Rapid City come State Tournament time.
          I apologize for the continued thread drift....but I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that our state is doing something like this. You want the best 8 teams at the state tourney and this helps get to that.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
            I apologize for the continued thread drift....but I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that our state is doing something like this. You want the best 8 teams at the state tourney and this helps get to that.
            Same here... When I called Madison games oh so many years ago, I thought the State Championship was decided in Region 3A, whenever SFC or Dells and the Bulldogs played.
            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Jacks are the first D1 program to offer Logan Strom, a 6'8" 230 lbs PF, out of Norfolk, NE according to his twitter account.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3510581/...s/326402378/v2

Kid looks more like a junior in college than a junior in high school. Very polished for a post that age.
              Really like this kid's Jumper and post moves, very polished! Doesn't appear to have excellent athleticism and 6'8" may be a bit generous. With that said I could see this kid blowing up due to his mature skills, I could see Ben Jacobson at UNI looking at this kid, reminds me of some of his post players during their Sweet 16 run. His recruitment should be interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                Now Dells just needs to get consistent scoring out of someone besides Hoglund.
                Speaking of Hoglund, doesn't he seem to be worthy of an offer from SDSU? I haven't heard anything, and I know he's committed to DWU, but it seems like he's destined for bigger things than DWU (no offense to any DWU fans, just saying).

#threaddrift

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                  Speaking of Hoglund, doesn't he seem to be worthy of an offer from SDSU? I haven't heard anything, and I know he's committed to DWU, but it seems like he's destined for bigger things than DWU (no offense to any DWU fans, just saying).

#threaddrift
                  He signed his LOI with Coach Wilber in December. He's been pretty solid this year, even had a 40-point game earlier this season against Tea Area.
                  I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                    He signed his LOI with Coach Wilber in December. He's been pretty solid this year, even had a 40-point game earlier this season against Tea Area.
                    He's a very good offensive player, just knows how to score. If he's anything like his dad, his best years are ahead of him. Maybe he'll prove himself at DWU and SDSU can offer to transfer later.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                      He's a very good offensive player, just knows how to score. If he's anything like his dad, his best years are ahead of him. Maybe he'll prove himself at DWU and SDSU can offer to transfer later.
                      I'm guessing Matt has a good relationship with Mick. I don't see Hoglund coming to SDSU.

Comment

So who is actually coming to SDSU out of the class?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JacksRiseUp View Post
                          So who is actually coming to SDSU out of the class?
                          Nobody yet as the 2017 recruits won't sign their letters of intent until Nov. 2016 at the earliest.

Comment

I think we need to worry about all the scholarships we have for 2016 first.

Comment

@RyanJamesMN Watertown-Mayer 2017 guard Trae Berhow has been offered by Wright State

That didn't take long. Already offered by SDSU
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

@RyanJamesMN Watertown-Mayer 2017 guard Trae Berhow has been offered by Wright State

That didn't take long. Already offered by SDSU
                                I would expect Brad Davison to be Coach Nagy's next offer at WSU. Davison & Berhow were his top targets for 2017, both made unofficials last year and Davison was also in Cancun while the men where playing. His sister plays at UNI and they were playing in Mexico as well in the Women's bracket.

Comment

Working...
                                X