2017 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Recruits

I really hope we can get Marty Hill and have been hoping for a while. He looks like a fun player to watch which is maybe something this team needs. I believe kids call what he has "swag."
    Rollin' in my 5.0
    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

David Jenkins Jr. was in Brookings on March 5th, recently followed Mike Daum and SDSU men's basketball on twitter, and tweeted at Daum when we won the SL tourney.
      "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

If Otz could convince Jenkins to sign on the dotted line, that would be a significant get. 6'0 3-star PG, ranked #54 PG in this class. The star ranking system doesn't necessarily mean everything, but in comparison I believe all the other recruits coming in our class are 2-stars.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          If Otz could convince Jenkins to sign on the dotted line, that would be a significant get. 6'0 3-star PG, ranked #54 PG in this class. The star ranking system doesn't necessarily mean everything, but in comparison I believe all the other recruits coming in our class are 2-stars.
          Another point guard that can contribute will be the feather in the hat for Coach Otz. Orris did a solid job at PG in the second half of the season. Coach Otz will be working hard to make the second season better and another point guard will be a step for that improvement. Brandon Key could already be that player to lead.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but according to Coach Otz, Dentlinger will be on a full academic scholly this year and then next year will be on an athletic scholly going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit97 View Post
              I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but according to Coach Otz, Dentlinger will be on a full academic scholly this year and then next year will be on an athletic scholly going forward.
              As we have seen many things can change in a year.

Comment

Tywhon Pickford a 6'4 wing from Maple Grove MN is tearing up the State Tournament. He has had some injuries, but is now healthy and many school circling including Nebraska. SDSU had an offer out at one time and not sure if we still do. His teammate Brad Davison is headed to Wisconsin.

Comment

Duane Wilson, Grad Transfer from Marquette is going to Texas A&M. Some thought we may have had a chance since he is from Milwaukee.
                  http://verbalcommits.com/players/duane-wilson

Comment

Verbal Commits‏ @VerbalCommits 2017 Sunrise Christian (KS) G David Jenkins, Jr. committed to South Dakota State (HT @AdamFinkelstein)@WorldStarDave http://verbalcommits.com/players/david-jenkins-jr

Comment

Big-time move to finish this class !
                      Last edited by bigticket1; 03-28-2017, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        Verbal Commits‏ @VerbalCommits 2017 Sunrise Christian (KS) G David Jenkins, Jr. committed to South Dakota State (HT @AdamFinkelstein)@WorldStarDave http://verbalcommits.com/players/david-jenkins-jr
                        Was just going to post this.

Sounds like he is a very talented young man.

Comment

3-star recruit according to EPSN.com.

According to Scout.com had interest from Boise St., Montana, Pepperdine, St. Marys, Portland St. and Washington St.

Looks like a good get!

Comment

I'm curious to know if this is someone TJ met while at Washington (hometown is Tacoma, WA) or found through other means (currently attending Sunrise Christian Academy in Kansas.) If he did meet him while at Washington, that's pretty good for TJ to be remembered after all that time. Had interest from some pretty good programs and ones much closer to home.
                            Rollin' in my 5.0
                            With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                            Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

The five high school players make up a very balanced class. You could argue that there is a player that fits all 5 positions, which hopefully pays off in a veteran starting line-up when they are juniors and seniors.

Comment

Man, that kid looks good. Can create his own shot, finish, quick, good vision.
                                Originally posted by JackFan96
                                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                                X