Hobo Day Protested in West Virginia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobo Day Protested in West Virginia

I have a bad feeling this will be coming to Brookings sooner, rather than later.

2015: The year we were offended by EVERYTHING.

http://www.sfchronicle.com/news/arti...-s-6550585.php
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Re: Hobo Day Protested in West Virginia

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
    I have a bad feeling this will be coming to Brookings sooner, rather than later.

2015: The year we were offended by EVERYTHING.

www.sfchronicle.com/news/article/Homeless-advocates-criticize-St-Albans-school-s-6550585.php
    Wow... that's insane... although I think the number of homeless people in this area is low enough where there probably won't be too much of a stink for quire a while. This is just ridiculous though... what's next? PETA starts outlawing the use of animal for team mascots?

Comment

PETA can make laws?

As far as I can tell, this group is criticizing something they don't agree with. Should we outlaw that?

"If the event couldn't be changed, she said she suggested that it be used to raise awareness or to raise money for a local homeless shelter."

Man, that sounds awful. What a terrible person. **** her for disagreeing with something and voicing her opinion. That's not the America I know!
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        PETA can make laws?

As far as I can tell, this group is criticizing something they don't agree with. Should we outlaw that?
        Sorry, I used the wrong word, I meant criticizing, not outlawing. Also, no we shouldn't outlaw people from criticizing something they don't agree with. You're either being a jerk or you're missing the point.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
          Sorry, I used the wrong word, I meant criticizing, not outlawing. Also, no we shouldn't outlaw people from criticizing something they don't agree with. You're either being a jerk or you're missing the point.
          I have never been accused of being a jerk, so it must be the other.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Maybe its just me but there are fewer things that annoy me more then when some says raise"awareness". Not sure why but it really grinds my gears.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I wonder where those boys from St Albans got the idea to hold a hobo day? They must have read about some school out in the hinder lands who tried this failed idea from the University of Missouri. The year was 1912.

Comment

Well, you aren't demonstrating that you are capable of getting the point of the post, so I only have one option left to consider.

Comment

Is this where I remind people to play nice?
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Oops, sorry Filbert, I had to edit this post as you would not have approved. Mea culpa!

Comment

Working...
                    X