Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT NDSU at SDSU

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
    I think that everybody on this board wants to win a championship.

Are you saying that if we don't win a championship after 3 years we should fire our coach? Do we keep firing coaches that don't bring in championships? If everybody had those expectations, we would have a coaching rotation going on all of the time. I know that Stig has had more time than that but I'm curious as to what time frame some fans will give.

The odds are we will have to beat NDSU to win the championship but either somebody else could beat them so it isn't a must.
    Stig isn't going anywhere until he decides it is time. He seems to be enjoying himself and lets be honest, there are a lot of SDSU fans on here who vividly recall the Average 80s. FB was not fun, today it is.

I think we are bringing in the right recruits, lets see what happens. I know I'm guilty of forgetting that this team lost Sumner and Zenner.

This weekend will tell a lot about the character of this team and it will give us an idea of what to expect the rest of the season. We are 3-1. I think most SDSU fans would have had us at 2-2 right now.

Comment

I think we all need to eat a Snickers. You'd think the sky falling in!

There isn't a single player or coach that isn't committed to winning every game. Anyone insinuating anything different is clueless. Nobody was more disappointed in the loss than them, period!

Of course the end goal is to compete for and win a championship. The cold, hard fact is that only one team gets to do that. When you have established a record like NDSU I guess you can say that if they didn't win it all it might be a disappointment. How many programs can say that? Not even Alabama or Ohio State can say that.

Stig has done a great job at the D1 level which is fantastic because you won't find a better person. He runs the program right, graduates kids, and teaches his kids about life as much as football. Some of you may not care about that. It means a lot to me but who cares about that.

I GUESS WE ALL NEED TO GO KICK ISU'S BUTT AND GET RID OF THIS FEELING!!!!

SUPERBUNNY
      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
        Sorry, but it sounds like you're in this to beat NDSU, not for championships.
        The road to a championship is through NDSU, and that doesn't appear to be changing anytime soon. That doesn't matter to you though, since you don't care if we lose to NDSU everytime.

We need to catch up/play up to NDSU.....not wait for them to come back to us.

It's very clear that several of you accept mediocrity, and will do so for years to come. I'm not one of them.

Well we at least kept it close and had them on the ropes last year! Good grief. Serenity now!

Comment

TK: Time to find a cold beer and a quiet corner before you blow a gasket.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
            Good for you. I hope you are in the extreme minority with that statement.

I'm in this for championships. Not participation trophies, nor second place finishes, nor playoff entries, etc. I don't care if we get in the playoffs for the next 20 years in a row. If we don't bring home a championship it means absolutely nothing to me.

If you guys aren't in this to win, what do we have sports programs for? To dance around, hold hands, and give each other hearty pats on the back?

Sorry, sprinkles are for winners.
            So a year that doesn't end up in championships in all sports - you raised sports "programs" - is by definition a failure in your book? Wow, that's gonna be quite a mountain to climb.

Comment

The road to a championship is through NDSU, and that doesn't appear to be changing anytime soon. That doesn't matter to you though, since you don't care if we lose to NDSU everytime.

We need to catch up/play up to NDSU.....not wait for them to come back to us.

It's very clear that several of you accept mediocrity, and will do so for years to come. I'm not one of them.

Well we at least kept it close and had them on the ropes last year! Good grief. Serenity now!
              It's going to be a long, sad, ride for you and your high expectations. I would love for them to be fulfilled, but we need to focus on a strong home conference schedule, and make sure as many jacks fans attend as possible. I can't be there this weekend, but I gave my tix to sdsu fans and I'll be cheering as I watch on espn3 from Omaha! Go jacks!

Comment

Arent we 3-1? NDSU is as well if my memory serves correctly. It's too early for epic meltdowns.

What I see is that the playcalling is way too predictible, moreso on the offensive side, and it may be just me, but with teams that dominate the LOS, running up the middle is just not a good idea. We dont have the beef up front for the more physical teams, so we need to get a good passing game together. As for defense, theres little to no pass rush, at least not as consistent as I would like. Another observation is we appear to be a little sometimey with the tackling.

Just my 2 cents, correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my Samsung Note 4 using Tapatalk.

Comment

Originally posted by FeistyRedheadAZ View Post
                  Arent we 3-1? NDSU is as well if my memory serves correctly. It's too early for epic meltdowns.

What I see is that the playcalling is way too predictible, moreso on the offensive side, and it may be just me, but with teams that dominate the LOS, running up the middle is just not a good idea. We dont have the beef up front for the more physical teams, so we need to get a good passing game together. As for defense, theres little to no pass rush, at least not as consistent as I would like. Another observation is we appear to be a little sometimey with the tackling.

I'm with you,the Bison looked like pro players size wise, and just as quick and fast.I was going to research how much poundage we gave up to them, might still if I get over this lazy streak I seem to be experiencing.Don't know if my eye ball test is accurate to say for sure.

Comment

Good for you. I hope you are in the extreme minority with that statement.

I'm in this for championships. Not participation trophies, nor second place finishes, nor playoff entries, etc. I don't care if we get in the playoffs for the next 20 years in a row. If we don't bring home a championship it means absolutely nothing to me.

If you guys aren't in this to win, what do we have sports programs for?
                    Sorry, but at the end of the day I'm "in" college sports strictly for entertainment. If anything short of a championship pissed me off, I'd quickly find a new source of entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                      TK: Time to find a cold beer and a quiet corner before you blow a gasket.
                      I think maybe its too much ESPN. Talking heads screaming on each other about is this game/player/coach the best/worst ever, manufacturing controversy where none exists simply to fill air time.

I've found it is helpful/humorous to read some posts in Stephen A Smith's voice.
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by FeistyRedheadAZ View Post

I agree with you running up the middle was not a good idea. Mengarilli found that out Sat Night.

I think its time for Stig and crew to consider some form of Communist Football.
                        Last edited by Nidaros; 10-07-2015, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Question for everyone that is poo-pooing TK and his expectations:

Next year at this time SDSU will have finished about $100 million in football and/or football related facilities. Whose expectations do you think our administration is more in line with, yours or TK?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            I think its time for Stig and crew to consider some form of Communist Football.
                            I think this is what upsets a lot of people. Stig seems to refuse to change. Case in point, the defensive coordinator wanted to run some 3-4 this year, but made a comment about it likely not happening because "Stig doesn't like the 3-4". That's an issue.

We've got to be willing to think outside the box to beat the best teams.

IMO, one of the worst qualities a coach can have is the unwillingness to adjust.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post

Next year at this time SDSU will have finished about $100 million in football and/or football related facilities. Whose expectations do you think our administration is more in line with, yours or TK?
                              I'm hoping TK's. I'm not saying Stig should be fired. However, I sure hope our administration is asking some tough questions. In order to get better we have to have high expectations, and yes, the we includes the fans.

I think the vast majority here were happy with last season and will be this year with the same result. Some aren't.

We've yet to make it out of the second round of the playoffs and some of that can be blamed on the eggs we seem to lay every year.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post

I guarantee more in line with me. Here's why:

How long of a leash did Justin Sell give Coach Nagy? Three seasons before he arrived the team was 6-24, 8-21 and 13-20. Coach Nagy's first full season with AD Sell at the helm we were 14-16. At the end of Sell's first year as AD, we had lost to NDSU 8 consecutive times in men's hoops. If Justin Sell didn't fire Coach Nagy in the spring of 2010, firing Stig is one of the farthest things from his mind right now.

How do you suppose we've raised all that cash to build those facilities? Our largest donors for the football projects would not have given money if they didn't support the current coach. They like what Stig has done, and believe he is the man to lead the program. If the big donors support the coach, there is no way the AD would fire him.

I think the administration wants to beat NDSU, but they would never jeopardize a great program with the hope of building a slightly better program.
                                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X