Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT NDSU at SDSU

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
    ...Maybe you should check with those larger donors about their opinion of Stig before posting this garbage.
    Okay, I'm curious. Your post implies that you have checked with the larger donors. Well, lets hear (read) it ... sources etc. You're rather strident in your posts and maybe you know something that many others do not know.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      You should have said multiple beers.
      And a shot.
      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        Okay, I'm curious. Your post implies that you have checked with the larger donors. Well, lets hear (read) it ... sources etc. You're rather strident in your posts and maybe you know something that many others do not know.
        I checked with my wife, she writes all the checks in this house; she's good with Stig

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
          I checked with my wife, she writes all the checks in this house; she's good with Stig
          That's pretty funny...

Comment

y

i know I'm tired of him him. No more checks from me until he's gone. As in outtttaaaaa here

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
              y

i know I'm tired of him him. No more checks from me until he's gone. As in outtttaaaaa here
              NDSU fans have the opposite view. Frankly they probably should be writing some big donor checks.......

Seriously though, an AD should NEVER let big donors impact a decision such as hiring or firing coaches. Look at the debacle that is Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                NDSU fans have the opposite view. Frankly they probably should be writing some big donor checks.......

Seriously though, an AD should NEVER let big donors impact a decision such as hiring or firing coaches. Look at the debacle that is Texas.
                Absolutely agree, in theory. However, in practice the check writers always impact the decision. When you are trying to push an agenda (like building new football offices and a new practice facility and a new stadium), it is certainly much, MUCH easier if your big donors are also big fans of the current program's leadership. I would say, donors shouldn't impact an AD's decision but they are certainly part of the overall equation.

Do I believe that big donors are upset we have lost to NDSU so consistently? Absolutely, but not to the point that they are willing to throw the baby out with the bath water. I find it nearly impossible to believe SDSU has had >$100 million in football facility improvements in South Dakota's political atmosphere without donor support of the head coach. If our big donors don't support Stig, Justin Sell might be the greatest athletic director in the history of sports.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                  Laughing all the way to bank as I write my check to the Difference Makers Club. Got to make sure my check is as GOOD AS STIG. In Stig we trust.
                  Last edited by Nidaros; 10-08-2015, 05:09 PM.

Comment

The opinion of Stig among the bigger boosters is a mixed bag, much like that illustrated on this board. In general, the "old guard" is much more loyal to Stig compared to the younger generation, and we'll leave it at that. As I stated earlier, the big checks were written for the stadium because your alma-mater and/or your community needed help and asked you to contribute. It was not meant as a vote of confidence on Stig (or Sell for that matter). The fact is the stadium will be here for many years long after both Stig and Sell are gone and the big boosters know that.

I was simply refuting another poster's claim that money donated to the stadium meant that those donors approved of Stig. I know firsthand that the blanket statement this poster made is simply not true.

I will now go back to drinking some of my BUDWEISERS in the corner.

Comment

I was simply refuting another poster's claim that money donated to the stadium meant that those donors approved of Stig. I know firsthand that the blanket statement this poster made is simply not true.

Without any kind of a poll or some form of statistical testing we really don't know. I do know this Stig started a Difference Makers Club which has a very good following. The purpose was to raise additional funds to pay a coaches salary and other needs of the football program. It does for a fact include Key donors, such as First Bank and Trust, and Harms Oil to name two. There no doubt are others including the President and his wife who attend the weekly meetings. They are more regular than I in attendance.

Maybe SF Fan might have exaggerated, but I don't see Stig as being in the hot seat, a long ways from that. People would not put their money where their mouth and body are if they did not did not believe in Stig. Why is that he manages to draw 30 to 40 people on a weekly basis to hear some of the inside stuff going on in the program if they did not feel Stig was good enough to be head coach? Enjoy your Budwiser.
                      Last edited by Nidaros; 10-09-2015, 03:06 PM.

Comment

The opinion of Stig among the bigger boosters is a mixed bag, much like that illustrated on this board. In general, the "old guard" is much more loyal to Stig compared to the younger generation, and we'll leave it at that. As I stated earlier, the big checks were written for the stadium because your alma-mater and/or your community needed help and asked you to contribute. It was not meant as a vote of confidence on Stig (or Sell for that matter). The fact is the stadium will be here for many years long after both Stig and Sell are gone and the big boosters know that.

My apologies, I did not mean to imply that every single big donor was a fan of Stig. Of course there will be a bell curve of opinions. I think the bell lands more on the "program is in the best shape ever, keep him" side, and you appear to think it lands more on the "can't beat NDSU, need to make a change" side. I think either one of us could be wrong.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Plain and simple, poll 100 people who have experienced Jacks football since 1978 or 79(I believe their only other playoff appearance). Ask them if how the feel about the program, the quality young men and scholars. Ask about how they feel he has done with the worst facilities and lowest budgets. Find out if in their opinion it's time for a change. I'd venture an uneducated guess that Stig would poll in the mid 70's if not 80's. He is molding young men, poll anyone who's played for him, the number would be higher. If he were replaced, as a few have suggested I think you'd see quite a few of the current players jump ship. Is his style generic? Yes, but when it's executed it works quite well. My only complaint is, and this goes back several years. WHY on Gods green earth do we have to have the D-line 1 1/2-2 yds off the ball?!?!?

Good lord, mods please lock this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                            Plain and simple, poll 100 people who have experienced Jacks football since 1978 or 79(I believe their only other playoff appearance). Ask them if how the feel about the program, the quality young men and scholars. Ask about how they feel he has done with the worst facilities and lowest budgets. Find out if in their opinion it's time for a change. I'd venture an uneducated guess that Stig would poll in the mid 70's if not 80's. He is molding young men, poll anyone who's played for him, the number would be higher. If he were replaced, as a few have suggested I think you'd see quite a few of the current players jump ship. Is his style generic? Yes, but when it's executed it works quite well. My only complaint is, and this goes back several years. WHY on Gods green earth do we have to have the D-line 1 1/2-2 yds off the ball?!?!?

Good lord, mods please lock this thread.
                            No, no, no, you're doing it wrong!

"Holy hannah, these threads are dumpster fires! I don't understand how the moderators can let this go on! We need NEW MODERATORS!!!! The old ones MUST GO!!!!!"
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                            X