2015 Injuries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Injuries

I figured I would start a thread that could be used throughout the year to discuss injuries and timetables for return. Recently the injury bug has started to take its toll on the team.

Cole Langer (DT) has a hand injury with a fully enclosed cast. It was injured while blocking during Robert Morris. I heard that it is broken, but don't quote me on that. He reportedly will continue to play.

Dallas Brown (LB) has a head injury but remains questionable for Saturday. He passed all initial tests but has not been cleared yet.

Chris Little (QB) broke his patella in practice on Friday. He said that he will be getting surgery. Timetable for return is around 6 months, and the hope is that he will be ready by spring ball. Jacob Menage will now handle scout team quarterback duties.
    "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Re: 2015 Injuries

Any insight on the Chris Little injury? To get injured in a Friday practice is very weird since that is just a walk through, more or less.

Comment

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post
      Any insight on the Chris Little injury? To get injured in a Friday practice is very weird since that is just a walk through, more or less.
      He was running in the SJAC at practice and stopped on the track. Somehow the way he stopped on the track ended up fracturing his patella. I really feel bad for the kid; he has worked hard for a setback like this. He seems optimistic about a return though.
      "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Whats the word with Lujan injury? Any others that are hurtin after the NDSU game?
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Per Matt Zimmer, Nick Mears practiced in full pads today. He wore a large brace and still is questionable for this weekend. It would be nice to get a leader on the field like Mears back. He is a great player and a difference maker. It's great what the defense has been able to do in his absence. They can only be better with Mears on the field!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
            Per Matt Zimmer, Nick Mears practiced in full pads today. He wore a large brace and still is questionable for this weekend. It would be nice to get a leader on the field like Mears back. He is a great player and a difference maker. It's great what the defense has been able to do in his absence. They can only be better with Mears on the field!
            I have been really impressed with Chris Balster's play. What is the difference between a FS and SS? Could they play next to each other? I prefer Balster to Farina, but wasn't a DB so not 100% sure what I should be looking for.
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
              I have been really impressed with Chris Balster's play. What is the difference between a FS and SS? Could they play next to each other? I prefer Balster to Farina, but wasn't a DB so not 100% sure what I should be looking for.
              SS usually has more responsibilities in helping stop the run, while the FS plays more of a "centerfield" with the ability to roam in pass coverage. That's the typical way they are classified but I'm not sure if the Jacks operate that way.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                SS usually has more responsibilities in helping stop the run, while the FS plays more of a "centerfield" with the ability to roam in pass coverage. That's the typical way they are classified but I'm not sure if the Jacks operate that way.
                I'll agree Balster has done ok, although on many occasions he's allowed a WR to get behind him.😡. SAFETY.

Mears is a leader and incredibly bright so his return would be great. I've also felt when Slade has filled in he's done well. Farina is a great tackler and fills well on run support. I think a platoon approach here as with the DT's would be beneficial. I've said it many times, we have 18-20 guys on D with starter ability. We're very lucky here, it certainly implies the "next man up" mantra.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                  I'll agree Balster has done ok, although on many occasions he's allowed a WR to get behind him.. SAFETY.

Mears is a leader and incredibly bright so his return would be great. I've also felt when Slade has filled in he's done well. Farina is a great tackler and fills well on run support. I think a platoon approach here as with the DT's would be beneficial. I've said it many times, we have 18-20 guys on D with starter ability. We're very lucky here, it certainly implies the "next man up" mantra.
                  And the crazy part is that the best corner (arguably) and best outside LB were both kicked off the team prior to the start of the year.
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                    And the crazy part is that the best corner (arguably) and best outside LB were both kicked off the team prior to the start of the year.
                    Yeah, that is crazy. I think Shak Taylor is an incredible get, he and Jordan Brown have given me great comfort knowing they'll be back.

Losing Butler will hurt less. Forsythe has been a good DB but, as of late he's getting beat deep or giving up 7-8 yds because he's 10-12 yds of the ball. I counted 3 times Saturday where he was further off the LOS than Farina and even with Balster.

Comment

Working...
                    X