Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hospitality Information for Out of Town Fans

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    Good food, not great. The biggest issue I have with The Ram is that it takes absolutely forever to eat there, whether it's busy or not.
    thats why i said generally good food. We have had some come out not so good. however have had some awesome steaks there. Agreed, if you are in a hurry, not the place to go. If you have a couple hours and good friends or family along its just fine.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
      Yes.
      Good answer. But then again, I really don't like Chinese food.

Comment

Isn't everything within walking distance in Brookings? Wooden Legs to Coughlin can't be much more than 1.5 mi.
        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
          Isn't everything within walking distance in Brookings? Wooden Legs to Coughlin can't be much more than 1.5 mi.
          If they are flying into Sioux Falls on their own, they almost have to rent a car or are they flying with the team and riding the same bus to Brookings? So one way or another they will need transportation to get around once they are in Brookings.

Comment

If the group is looking to mingle with the locals, the Backyard tailgating would offer that as much as downtown. Of course Cubby's is the place for mingling downtown if there is space. George's is the pizza available downtown during the day since Pizza King does not open until 4. If they are looking for a less congested spot and decent to great food and service and drinks with sport TV, Whiskey Creek or Craft would offer that. If they are looking for a quieter spot on gameday for great Midwest burgers, go to the Pheasant. Of course the Backyard Grill has great smoked pork and beef sandwiches. If they have small children and still want the sports bar, go to Applebees or BWW. I would hope they did not travel to Brookings to check out the franchise food places. If they are not looking for food, then nearly all the places downtown will offer a variety of locals.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
              The following question was asked on the forum of our next opponent. "There is a group of parents flying in for the weekend. Can you recommend a restaurant/bar area where our parents can meet before the game, within walking distance of the stadium? We saw Cubby's online and wondered if that would logistically make sense." I have reposted the question here so that fans that are far more familiar with the Brookings hospitality scene can answer their questions. I am hoping this thread will be useful, not only to them, but to all fans visiting from afar, both opposing fans and Jackrabbit fans.
              Tell them to go to Buffalo Wild Wings. Logistically it makes sense. Downtown to the stadium is way too far to walk. Cubby's will also be packed and it'll be hard to get a table.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                Tell them to go to Buffalo Wild Wings. Logistically it makes sense. Downtown to the stadium is way too far to walk. Cubby's will also be packed and it'll be hard to get a table.
                I put a link to this thread on their board. You just told them yourself.
                Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

I would not suggest BWW. They can get that anywhere in the U.S.

I would always suggest downtown.
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Is the Wild Hare (former Lantern location) open yet? When it is, it will alleviate some of the pressure off of Cubby's and Wooden Legs on game day. IMO, the other bars have always been missing a huge opportunity on game days for pre-game festivities.
                    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I think it depends on what someone thinks is with in walking distance. Depends on what they are looking for. Downtown would be the most funny say at cubbys. Something less hectic go pheasant. Otherwise enjoy the day just go for tailgating and mingle with the locals.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                        I would not suggest BWW. They can get that anywhere in the U.S.

I would always suggest downtown.
                        Duh.

10-20 ppl aren't going to walk to the stadium from Cubby's. They'll either be driving or taking a cab downtown and back. If they can do that go downtown.
                        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Duh.

10-20 ppl aren't going to walk to the stadium from Cubby's. They'll either be driving or taking a cab downtown and back. If they can do that go downtown.
                          The walking thing might need an adjustment in planning. Parking around the campus is not always ideal, but there is usually areas available for those who want to stretch their legs to and from CAS. It also looks like the Wild Hare is getting closer to finish. I will need to peek inside since the outside seems finished now.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                            The walking thing might need an adjustment in planning. Parking around the campus is not always ideal, but there is usually areas available for those who want to stretch their legs to and from CAS. It also looks like the Wild Hare is getting closer to finish. I will need to peek inside since the outside seems finished now.
                            Did the owner sell the lantern? Thought his family was going to help keep it going? Man I will miss the stoplight teas there. That' crimson tea was good.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              Did the owner sell the lantern? Thought his family was going to help keep it going? Man I will miss the stoplight teas there. That' crimson tea was good.
                              6/16/2015 The location was sold by Half Pint Enterprise Inc to Wonder Inc. It would seem the family made a profit on the location.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                If by good you mean liquid poison, then yes, I agree with you. Too many nights ending with the taste of Lantern Tea in my mouth has scarred me for life! Hopefully the new place keeps the drink in homage to The Lantern, a Brookings classic.

Comment

Working...
                                X