Gameday experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gameday experience

Unless they invest in a 30 foot trailer and quadruple the space to fry burgers they logistically cannot keep up with demand with attendance of 12k or more. They are doing the best they can but even Aramark was out of pretzels halfway through halftime. One can only hope God has intervened and they have installed 1000 gal hot chocolate tanks at each concession area.😉

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
      Unless they invest in a 30 foot trailer and quadruple the space to fry burgers they logistically cannot keep up with demand with attendance of 12k or more. They are doing the best they can but even Aramark was out of pretzels halfway through halftime. One can only hope God has intervened and they have installed 1000 gal hot chocolate tanks at each concession area.��
      These are all good problems to have. Lots of adjustments to be made and with concessions line in the reports growing, someone has to be concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        I think they are doing more damage to their reputation if they can't figure out a way to deliver burgers in a more timely fashion.
        They have been open since 1920. They have always been slow and their service style has always been curt(How many? What on them? What to drink?) I missed an entire 1st quarter of football on Hobo Day waiting for their burgers, that was roughly 6 or 7 years ago. The line that day seems much the same as the one being described. Those lines still seem to exist and keep them in business. I think they'll be fine.
        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
          They have been open since 1920. They have always been slow and their service style has always been curt(How many? What on them? What to drink?) I missed an entire 1st quarter of football on Hobo Day waiting for their burgers, that was roughly 6 or 7 years ago. The line that day seems much the same as the one being described. Those lines still seem to exist and keep them in business. I think they'll be fine.
          Since 1929 they have been open, no biggy but agree. Damaging their reputation? How?? Some one said that they had heard that Nicks would have their own permanent location in the new stadium. I suspect that is in the works.

Comment

Where is handicap parking for the stadium? It doesnt really show on the map on go jacks. a friend coming to the game will be getting around in a wheel chair so wasnt sure where to park.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              Where is handicap parking for the stadium? It doesnt really show on the map on go jacks. a friend coming to the game will be getting around in a wheel chair so wasnt sure where to park.
              There should still be some spots at the NW entrance. There are some at the SW entrance as well in the priority parking area. Otherwise there are spots near the north entrance of the wellness center. I would also expect some spots in the priority area on the east side of the stadium.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                A good question for the ticket office to answer.

Comment

I have two game day experience comments, one positive, and the other not so much. We sat on the east side. My greatest concern was the ability to hear the Pride. During the pregame we could hear them except when they played during the team coming onto the field from the locker room. Now my positive comment. I really enjoyed having the alma mater played like they played it. It shows pride in our traditions. It reminded me of the way the Texas Longhorns honor their traditions. But during halftime, my not so positive comment, the band never turned away from the west grandstand. If you imagine a line from goalpost to goalpost, the band stayed crowded to the west of that line. These things made it so we could not even identify what they were playing. If the entire stadium is to be considered the home side the band needs to honor that and play to the entire stadium.
                  Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                    I have two game day experience comments, one positive, and the other not so much. We sat on the east side. My greatest concern was the ability to hear the Pride. During the pregame we could hear them except when they played during the team coming onto the field from the locker room. Now my positive comment. I really enjoyed having the alma mater played like they played it. It shows pride in our traditions. It reminded me of the way the Texas Longhorns honor their traditions. But during halftime, my not so positive comment, the band never turned away from the west grandstand. If you imagine a line from goalpost to goalpost, the band stayed crowded to the west of that line. These things made it so we could not even identify what they were playing. If the entire stadium is to be considered the home side the band needs to honor that and play to the entire stadium.
                    It's always been like that and its always bugged me too, though pre-game, they did turn to the east side and even formed "Jacks" facing the east side...that was a first...
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Is there no longer a post game presser with players and coaches that TV always covered live?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                        Is there no longer a post game presser with players and coaches that TV always covered live?
                        Zimmer does them live via Periscope app. They go away after I think 24 hrs.
                        https://www.periscope.tv/w/aNdAcTUzN...T5bhv0K79Yr458
                        https://www.periscope.tv/w/aNc9ojUzN...EE6arZVrtnmGA9

SDSU athletics also puts posts them via Twitter.
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QOv...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                          I'm not a music person and never part of the Pride but I'm sure it has something to do with the fact you can't move the director around on the field. Every college stadium I have been at does the same thing our band does. The fact they spell Jacks to the east side is something I've not seen other bands do with their school names. Also, I went to the east side concessions during halftime and could hear the band the whole time.
                          My bigger issue is the lack of enthusiasm from SDSU fans. It almost made me feel like we were at church. Very little chearing when our defense is on the field, no excitement when the team entered the stadium and an overall lack of interest in supporting the team. Good things Jacks fans had a game to get the rust off before the Bison come to town. Hopefully everyone brings their voices and an ability to get loud this weekend or we will be embarrassed by the bison fans. There is a reason the Seahawk fans are called the twelves and at Texas AM they have a sign that says 12th man. We as fans can help make an impact on the game but that can't happen sitting on our hands. This lethargic attitude drives me crazy. Ok I'm done now and got that off my chest.

Comment

Playing to the whole stadium can be done. I've seen it many times by other schools. Some bands like Ohio State even halve up and form two different bands to focus sound to each side. All it takes is a strategically placed drum major or two (they along with the directors, standing on ladders and keeping the band in time).

Agreed on the enthusiasm factor. My group witnessed a former PLAYER get his ass chewed by an old fart who exclaimed that "I'm here to watch the game and not YOU". Ironically, this guy and his wife left halfway through the 4th quarter. Also another guy firing back comments at our group for being vocal about our football opinions. We're on the same team, folks. Channel your energy into the Jacks. Multiple times the team was out on the field giving the universal "raise hell" signal to the stands. They want and need us to be loud and proud...
                            "Cheer the team from South Dakota with loyal hearts so true!"

Comment

[QUOTE=wr54;277456

Agreed on the enthusiasm factor. My group witnessed a former PLAYER get his ass chewed by an old fart who exclaimed that "I'm here to watch the game and not YOU". Ironically, this guy and his wife left halfway through the 4th quarter. Also another guy firing back comments at our group for being vocal about our football opinions. We're on the same team, folks. Channel your energy into the Jacks....[/QUOTE]

Agreed, with any luck this guy and his wife will either be in a box or loge seats. He can keep his reserved arse there and golf clap when he deems it appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by wr54 View Post
                                Playing to the whole stadium can be done. I've seen it many times by other schools. Some bands like Ohio State even halve up and form two different bands to focus sound to each side. All it takes is a strategically placed drum major or two (they along with the directors, standing on ladders and keeping the band in time).

Agreed on the enthusiasm factor. My group witnessed a former PLAYER get his ass chewed by an old fart who exclaimed that "I'm here to watch the game and not YOU". Ironically, this guy and his wife left halfway through the 4th quarter. Also another guy firing back comments at our group for being vocal about our football opinions. We're on the same team, folks. Channel your energy into the Jacks. Multiple times the team was out on the field giving the universal "raise hell" signal to the stands. They want and need us to be loud and proud...
                                That old fart was not me. Just for the record.

Comment

Working...
                                X