X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gameday experience

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up.

That gentleman was a gem to this institution and he can say what he wants. I've witnessed him cheering loudly at many a game.
    I concur, Foggy did much for the university, and did great work with what I strongly suspect was a modest budget. He is a living, breathing encyclopedia of Jackrabbit athletics, so if you ever have the privilege of meeting him thank him for his decades of work.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

It was great to have the band play a song to the east side tonight!
      Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
        It was great to have the band play a song to the east side tonight!
        Yes, that was great. My girls were so excited.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
        The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

SDSU fans (which I am) just an observation....the NDSU game....most of their fans were good (remember we have some dinks of our own in blue) but they were standing and yelling from the opening kick off as SDSU fans were irritated and wanted them to sit down. My question.....why weren't we standing?

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
            SDSU fans (which I am) just an observation....the NDSU game....most of their fans were good (remember we have some dinks of our own in blue) but they were standing and yelling from the opening kick off as SDSU fans were irritated and wanted them to sit down. My question.....why weren't we standing?
            One reason we don't stand might be due to the culture at SDSU games. For example at the very beginning of the NDSU game my friends and I are standing up and an ROTC girl comes up to us and asks us to sit down. At a football game, not a theater performance, but a football game! Needless to say I didn't sit down until halftime. I guarantee that would not happen at game in Fargo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

Bingo!

Comment

Originally posted by More_Cowbell View Post
                ...I guarantee that would not happen at game in Fargo.

Minor point but I disagree. I've been to four SDSU games in the FargoDome since the move to D1. There is a significant portion of the fans in the FargoDome who sit through most of the game or rise and then sit as the game progresses. I've seen some of their fans ask other fans to sit down (really ticked off the fans who were standing -- they were doing nothing wrong).

I think every home stadium has its fans who tend to sit. Fans who travel may have a greater likelihood of standing throughout much of the game. Me? I go up and down and chalk it up to good exercise.

Comment

It's one thing for fans to ask other fans to sit down. I can't understand why the ROTC "ushers" would. Where I sit I can literally only block one persons view and that person had no issues with me standing.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    Minor point but I disagree. I've been to four SDSU games in the FargoDome since the move to D1. There is a significant portion of the fans in the FargoDome who sit through most of the game or rise and then sit as the game progresses. I've seen some of their fans ask other fans to sit down (really ticked off the fans who were standing -- they were doing nothing wrong).

I think every home stadium has its fans who tend to sit. Fans who travel may have a greater likelihood of standing throughout much of the game. Me? I go up and down and chalk it up to good exercise.
                    I watched the UNI vs NDSU game. Lots of crowd shots with obese Bison fans sitting and eating so he's right. They do their share of sitting as well.

Comment

Originally posted by More_Cowbell View Post
                      It's one thing for fans to ask other fans to sit down. I can't understand why the ROTC "ushers" would. Where I sit I can literally only block one persons view and that person had no issues with me standing.

Umm, because part of their job as ushers is to act as crowd control? I would guess they have been instructed in their job duties and potential problems to watch for. They have also probably been told how to handle those situations.

I love how the people who are being asked to sit down always view themselves and their behavior as completely fine and appropriate (not saying you were acting inappropriately in this specific instance). Couple weeks ago, someone complained because a fan asked a former player to sit down. The nerve! Come to find out that fan has a better Jackrabbit "pedigree" than pretty much any player in history and the player was drunk and belligerent.

Buying a ticket doesn't give you the right to act like a jerk. Stand and cheer by all means. However, please be considerate of those around you and act within reason. The price of admission doesn't give anyone the right to ruin someone else's night. We all want more fans to attend games, acting like a jerk isn't going to make casual fans want to show up.

Here's a good rule of thumb: assuming a reasonable level of sobriety, try to give a high five to the fans sitting around you after a Jacks touchdown. If they seem reluctant, chances are you are acting like an a-hole and may want to tone it down a smidge.
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                        Umm, because part of their job as ushers is to act as crowd control? I would guess they have been instructed in their job duties and potential problems to watch for. They have also probably been told how to handle those situations.

I love how the people who are being asked to sit down always view themselves and their behavior as completely fine and appropriate (not saying you were acting inappropriately in this specific instance). Couple weeks ago, someone complained because a fan asked a former player to sit down. The nerve! Come to find out that fan has a better Jackrabbit "pedigree" than pretty much any player in history and the player was drunk and belligerent.

Buying a ticket doesn't give you the right to act like a jerk. Stand and cheer by all means. However, please be considerate of those around you and act within reason. The price of admission doesn't give anyone the right to ruin someone else's night. We all want more fans to attend games, acting like a jerk isn't going to make casual fans want to show up.

Here's a good rule of thumb: assuming a reasonable level of sobriety, try to give a high five to the fans sitting around you after a Jacks touchdown. If they seem reluctant, chances are you are acting like an a-hole and may want to tone it down a smidge.
                        All I do is stand, cheer, clap, and make some noise. I don't drink. If that is how they are going to control the crowd why do we wonder why the game atmosphere is the way it is.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post

Is their job to control the fun too? No usher or employee working the game should ever tell a fan to sit down and shut up. lol They should be telling them to get up and cheer and have fun. It's a football game for pete's sake. C'mon people!

Comment

Originally posted by AugieJackFan View Post
                            Is their job to control the fun too? No usher or employee working the game should ever tell a fan to sit down and shut up. lol They should be telling them to get up and cheer and have fun. It's a football game for pete's sake. C'mon people!
                            My pet peeve is people getting up and going to the restroom or concessions or returning in the middle of a play. Shows you how little they really care about the game and or others around them trying to enjoy the game. I like how at Twins games/Vikings games they don't allow you to return to your seat in the middle of a play.

Comment

Originally posted by AugieJackFan View Post
                              I watched the UNI vs NDSU game. Lots of crowd shots with obese Bison fans sitting and eating so he's right. They do their share of sitting as well.
                              I noticed the same thing and had to chuckle. The camera also panned in on some very intense women fans which is nice to see!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                                I noticed the same thing and had to chuckle. The camera also panned in on some very intense women fans which is nice to see!
                                No one is skipping meals or getting to the gym in Fargo.

Comment

Working...
                                X