Gameday experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gameday experience

Football gameday has come a long ways since we have moved to Div I. We got some work to do but it is starting to feel more like Div I football experience.

New gameday tradition started w/ the game day walk by the students to the stadium. Any students out there have any thoughts on how it went. From the video (don't get dizzy from it) it looked like they had a pretty good crowd for it.
    https://t.co/tIaXUZ7sJw

*Props to the student crowd. Nice turnout for the first half. Hoping a majority of them that left at halftime did it because of the score.

Re: Gameday experience

I would have estimated it to be over 1000 students that participated in the Walk. I saw it from the Wellness center green, and it was fantastic.
    Last edited by Mr_Tibbs; 09-14-2015, 06:05 PM.

Comment

I was sitting in my car when here comes the Pride and then THE GAME WALK, it was great to see such a good turnout. I hope those working on this project can keep it going. Its a great idea. I wonder if they would allow some old alum like me to participate in the GAME WALK.

Comment

They would love to have you join in (might want to join it half way...HA!) Nideros.

Comment

I participated in the Gameday Walk and had mixed feelings going in. I felt that if lots of people showed up that it would be awesome, but feared that when I showed up there might only be about thirty people there. When I showed up, the place was packed! Everyone was ready to be loud. My adrenaline started pumping as it finally dawned on me that home football games were back. Everyone in the crowd was yelling and chanting. It had a riot type of feel to it, but without the violence. I definitely will participate in two weeks again and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I can only imagine that this will grow as word gets out about the experience. Other than the games late in the year when the weather is cold, I would be surprised if there weren't hundreds of students participating.
          "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Saturday was great except for waiting the entire halftime, all of the 3rd quarter and part of the 4th for 2 hamburgers at Nicks. They weren't prepared.

Comment

Originally posted by AugieJackFan View Post
              Saturday was great except for waiting the entire halftime, all of the 3rd quarter and part of the 4th for 2 hamburgers at Nicks. They weren't prepared.
              It's probably just me, but I never understood the attraction for Nick's burgers. However, the price was right for a hungry student looking for something different. Do they still make them the same way?

Comment

They do and they were delicious but not worth missing half the game for.

Comment

They do and they were delicious but not worth missing half the game for.
                  I think they are doing more damage to their reputation if they can't figure out a way to deliver burgers in a more timely fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                    I think they are doing more damage to their reputation if they can't figure out a way to deliver burgers in a more timely fashion.
                    When I saw the crowd waiting for a burger that was ordered gave me the idea to look around the new choices on the east. I really miss the peanuts in the shell. Now you can buy the bags of nuts without shells.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

The crazy thing is they kept taking orders even though there were tons of people waiting for their burgers. I told the guy we had been waiting since halftime and he said sorry and then went back to taking orders. There might still be a few waiting for theirs right now. lol

Comment

The crazy thing is they kept taking orders even though there were tons of people waiting for their burgers. I told the guy we had been waiting since halftime and he said sorry and then went back to taking orders. There might still be a few waiting for theirs right now. lol
                        I got my burger last night about 9 pm. Pretty good too.

Comment

Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
                          It's probably just me, but I never understood the attraction for Nick's burgers. However, the price was right for a hungry student looking for something different. Do they still make them the same way?
                          It worked for the Nicholsons when they brought their grill up from Iowa in the late 1920's and that different taste seems to keep working. If I could have a dime for every student since that time that was looking for something different, I could fund COA.

Comment

Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
                            Nick's Burgers are amazing but I just won't order at the stadium. Get to town early and head downtown and enjoy. Nothing like a Nick's burger.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                            The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
                              Nick's Burgers are amazing but I just won't order at the stadium. Get to town early and head downtown and enjoy. Nothing like a Nick's burger.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                              Right nothing like a Nicks Burger, but they are good at the game too, seems everyone is complaining about the service which is something that could be corrected. The Fergen boys are no doubt working on that.

Comment

Working...
                              X