SUU GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SUU GDT

Okay, so I've seen it brought up that Stig talked about this 25 point thing. Is this rule/guideline actually printed anywhere?
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
      No. You can't blame a backup QB for throwing to a wide open tight end, who rumbles for a TD. The Jacks had backups playing for the last 12 minutes, as I recall. That's taking it easy. I don't think they have to apologize for anything, especially since SDSU and every other team in the FCS is essentially competing for a top 8 rating. You need to play well enough to get a first-round bye and a home game in the playoffs.
      Just for casual info, Vermilion CC (Ely, Mn)finally scored with 3:18 left in the game with Rochester CTC (in Rochester, Mn) to come within 69. 76-7 Turned out RCTC's last stringers were better than Vermilion's starters, especially our 2nd string QB, big kid from NC. In their defense, I'm guessing there were many injuries as their beast RB was listed at LB and their QB was listed as a WR. Not enjoyable as a fan to watch a smackdown like that. Was waiting for the free pulled pork sandwiches in the 2nd half.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
        Not so fast. My understanding of Stig's statement:

If SDSU beats NDSU by 18, the committee won't talk about the fact that SDSU beat NDSU at all. Other factors (GPI, rankings, etc) would obviously be impacted by that game and considered, but the committee would not talk about it as merit for playoff seeding. Its just 1 of 9 wins.

If SDSU beats NDSU by 25, the committee would likely talk about it and use it as a factor in their decision making process.

In theory, a 9-2 NDSU that lost head to head but blew the doors off 3 opponents could be seeded higher than a 9-2 SDSU that blew the doors off 2 opponents.

My question is, does the 21 point rule Stig alluded to apply to FBS games as well? If so, there aren't any "bonus points" for beating Kansas when it comes to selection time. Beating SUU by 21+ could actually be a bigger win than beating Kansas. It would be really interesting to know what exactly Stig was talking about.
        This is bizarre. Seriously, beating a FBS opponent does not stack up to pounding on a mediocre FCS opponent? What planet are these deliberations happening? Win the games, let the machinations play out, people.

Comment

Working...
        X