For those who like polls:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: For those who like polls:

The Sagarin computer rankings combine FBS and FCS schools into one group. If you pull out the FCS schools, NDSU is #1 (in the 60's overall), the Jacks are #2 (76th overall), Jacksonville is 3rd, ISU is 4th and UNI is 5th after yesterday's games.

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
      If a team is seeded you don't bid for playoff games, highest seed gets the home game, bidding is for non seeded teams
      I thought I had read that a minimum bid or payment was still required? Could be wrong though

Comment

With ISUr (2), Richmond(5), Chattnooga (3), Easton Washington (4) and Sam Houston St (7) all losing this weekend and some of them losing bad (EW) what will the Jacks be ranked my guess
        1- Jacksonville St.
        2- NDSU
        3- Coastal Carolina
        4- McNeese State
        5- SDSU
        6- ISUr
        7- Portland St.
        8- Chattanooga
        9- Richmond
        10- Sam Houston State

Comment

Not much love here. http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/...l/bracketology

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu2000 View Post

He has UNA getting an 8 seed? Not going to happen. That said, minus a seed I would take that bracket. Two BSC schools and JSU is far better than heading to Fargo in the 2nd round. We could make a run in that bracket.

Comment

What is that guy smoking ? Northern Arizona who is ranked #36 in the last Coaches Poll is a seed and the Jacks aren't ?

Comment

Unless the NCAA changes their "Region" based pairings, this bracket is a steaming pile of dog **** or as the website says total "madness."
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

We're #5 in the Coaches Poll and #4 on AGS; still waiting on STATS.

Comment

5th in STATS as well

Comment

• Re: For those who like polls:

Originally posted by Jacked_Rabbit View Post
                      We're #5 in the Coaches Poll and #4 on AGS; still waiting on STATS.
                      Bison are #3 and ISU 6th in Coaches Poll.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        Bison are #3 and ISU 6th in Coaches Poll.
                        So does the FCS selection committee consider the polls when the seeding occurs? Is it reasonable to assume that the top 8 seeds would be chosen from the Top 10 of any of these polls or some hybrid model of the polls?
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

How about this poll ! herosports.com/college-rankings/d1-fcs-football-rankings/

Comment

5th in STATS too. I believe the committee goes off the rankings and Massey, sagarin have some pull too. Plus the quality wins(21+ pt win). We control our destiny. The teams ahead have relatively easy games so we'll see how it plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                              How about this poll ! herosports.com/college-rankings/d1-fcs-football-rankings/
                              As much as I like seeing SDSU #1, this poll is an absolute joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                                5th in STATS too. I believe the committee goes off the rankings and Massey, sagarin have some pull too. Plus the quality wins(21+ pt win). We control our destiny. The teams ahead have relatively easy games so we'll see how it plays out.
                                We need to root for NDSU and UNI (making our losses look better), which I don't think either of them will have a problem winning out... good for SDSU. We also need to root against Montana and USD (making NDSU's losses look worse)... If both of those teams lose out, which is possible with their remaining schedules, it's feasible to put SDSU ahead of both NDSU and ISUr. Not saying it should or will happen, just saying that those scenarios make it a feasible possibility. Honestly, if the committee takes equally into account who teams both lost to and beat, I can see SDSU being the top seed of the three. If they take losses into account losses more than wins, ISUr gets the top seed (because their only losses are to Iowa and us), if they take into account wins more than losses, NDSU gets the top seed (because they beat us).

The biggest games that matter as far as our placement go are our FBS win, and our UNI loss. One could vault us to the top of the MVFC teams in terms of seeding, the other could weigh us down to the bottom. We just might end up in the middle.

From a different perspective, NDSU doesn't really have anything that impressive on their resume other than beating us... ISUr doesn't have anything that impressive on their resume other than only having 1 FCS loss instead of 2 like SDSU and NDSU... our resume looks good due to beating Kansas and ISUr... the more I think about it (and ramble on about it), the more I talk myself into SDSU getting seeder higher than those two.

Comment

Working...
                                X