Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: For those who like polls:

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    We need to root for NDSU and UNI (making our losses look better), which I don't think either of them will have a problem winning out... good for SDSU. We also need to root against Montana and USD (making NDSU's losses look worse)... If both of those teams lose out, which is possible with their remaining schedules, it's feasible to put SDSU ahead of both NDSU and ISUr. Not saying it should or will happen, just saying that those scenarios make it a feasible possibility. Honestly, if the committee takes equally into account who teams both lost to and beat, I can see SDSU being the top seed of the three. If they take losses into account losses more than wins, ISUr gets the top seed (because their only losses are to Iowa and us), if they take into account wins more than losses, NDSU gets the top seed (because they beat us).

The biggest games that matter as far as our placement go are our FBS win, and our UNI loss. One could vault us to the top of the MVFC teams in terms of seeding, the other could weigh us down to the bottom. We just might end up in the middle.

From a different perspective, NDSU doesn't really have anything that impressive on their resume other than beating us... ISUr doesn't have anything that impressive on their resume other than only having 1 FCS loss instead of 2 like SDSU and NDSU... our resume looks good due to beating Kansas and ISUr... the more I think about it (and ramble on about it), the more I talk myself into SDSU getting seeder higher than those two.
    I don't think it's a lock that NDSU wins at Youngstown State. Likely, but if they can lose at home to USD anything is possible. For the first time in my life I will be rooting for a Bo Pelini coached team. If that would happen and the Jacks win out, we should be the highest seeded Valley team which would be huge.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      I don't think it's a lock that NDSU wins at Youngstown State. Likely, but if they can lose at home to USD anything is possible. For the first time in my life I will be rooting for a Bo Pelini coached team. If that would happen and the Jacks win out, we should be the highest seeded Valley team which would be huge.
      So are you thinking that if NDSU wins out, they'll be the highest seeded team? What about ISUr? Just curious, it's good banter and a very interesting topic.

Comment

[QUOTE=bigticket1;282167]I don't think it's a lock that NDSU wins at Youngstown State. Likely, but if they can lose at home to USD anything is possible. /QUOTE]

Very true. If you are capable of losing to USD in the Fargo Dome, you certainly could stumble against YSU or someone in the playoffs. I expect an NDSU win this week, but I would not bet a big pile of cash on it.

I also think ISU-R will have their hands full in Vermillion. They have not exactly been blowing the mid-level MVFC teams out this year.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
          So are you thinking that if NDSU wins out, they'll be the highest seeded team? What about ISUr? Just curious, it's good banter and a very interesting topic.
          I think if all three teams win out,the seeding order will be NDSU,SDSU,ISU-r.

Comment

[QUOTE=Southeast;282171]
            Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            I don't think it's a lock that NDSU wins at Youngstown State. Likely, but if they can lose at home to USD anything is possible. /QUOTE]

Very true. If you are capable of losing to USD in the Fargo Dome, you certainly could stumble against YSU or someone in the playoffs. I expect an NDSU win this week, but I would not bet a big pile of cash on it.

I also think ISU-R will have their hands full in Vermillion. They have not exactly been blowing the mid-level MVFC teams out this year.
            Yotes have to travel to Normal.

Comment

[QUOTE=jack power;282174]
              Originally posted by Southeast View Post
              Yotes have to travel to Normal.
              Travel to Normal? Sounds like something from the early '70s. [I think that was the name of the flip side of the 45 "Journey to the Center of Your Mind" by the Amboy Dukes (Ted Nugent's band).

Some will ask: What's a 45?

Comment

It will be very interesting to see how selection committee seed these three. Let's assume all win out finish 9-2.
                Further, let's define quality wins as beating someone also in FCS playoffs or an fbs (bonus if a P5 conference team) and a bad loss as losing to someone not in playoff. Let's also assume SUU wins out to score BSc auto-bid, and that UND loses again so don't make playoffs. Uni also makes playoffs.

SDSU - quality wins KU, ISUR, SUU, no bad losses.
                Isur - quality wins, Uni, no bad losses.
                NDSU - quality wins, SDSU, uni, bad losses, usd, Montana

Using this rational for seeding,
                SDSU best seed, ISUR, next, ndsu last of three.

Note that this ignores ndsu is mvfc auto-bid winner and sdsu finishes a game behind isur & ndsu.
                Last edited by rabidrabbit; 11-09-2015, 07:21 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=JackJD;282181]
                  Originally posted by jack power View Post

Travel to Normal? Sounds like something from the early '70s. [I think that was the name of the flip side of the 45 "Journey to the Center of Your Mind" by the Amboy Dukes (Ted Nugent's band).

5 more the a 40 and 35 less then it takes to do Edward 40 hands?
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                    It will be very interesting to see how selection committee seed these three. Let's assume all win out finish 9-2.
                    Further, let's define quality wins as beating someone also in FCS playoffs or an fbs (bonus if a P5 conference team) and a bad loss as losing to someone not in playoff. Let's also assume SUU wins out to score BSc auto-bid, and that UND loses again so don't make playoffs.
                    Is this some kind of new fangled common core math problem?
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

[QUOTE=JackJD;282181]

I think it was also #2 on track 3 of the 8 track cassette version.

Comment

New poll today

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs

SDSU 10
                        Others of note
                        NDSU 4
                        Fighting Who 12
                        YSU 14
                        CAL POLY 17
                        Used 25

http://www.compughterratings.com/FCS/rankings

Seems more accurate. But I think I probably would say between the two a bit might be where things really are.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=JackJD;282181]

I want you on my trivia team.
                          I think kids today would hear 45 and think .45 as in .45 ACP

Comment

Not a team poll, but STATS put out a list of their Freshman of the Year nominees. Rozeboom looks like a very solid candidate.

http://www.fcsinsider.com/news/artic...year-nominees/

Comment

Working...
                            X