Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: For those who like polls:

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
    I could care less about polls. Go win football games. The polls mean nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    True, but Massey and Sagarin are fun to watch to see how close they really can be...
    BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      I don't think FCS playoff games generate enough national interest for TV rating to be considered. I think it has more to do with finances and matching up schools that are close to each other to control costs and run the playoffs as cheap as possible.
      aren't bids involved? hasn't that been discussed on this site?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        aren't bids involved? hasn't that been discussed on this site?
        For non seeded matchups...yes highest bid determines home team
        BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
          Will change when conference ce play starts
          Correct but without ISU-R on your schedule you will not play one of the better teams in the nation to improve your SOS. If Montana continues to lose that loss will get ugly. Now if you run the table in the Valley it won't matter. It will all play out as the season goes and like I said we need to beat NDSU for the conversation to be relevant but if that does happen and say NDSU loses another game and ends 8-3 there probably won't be a bye week in the playoffs. Kansas may not be very good but they are still a Big 12 team which helps us. It would be nice though if they could win a couple games this year.

Comment

USAToday/Sagarin through yesterday's (9/26/) games has NDSU as the highest ranked FCS team at 71. SDSU is second (FCS) at 77.
            http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              USAToday/Sagarin through yesterday's (9/26/) games has NDSU as the highest ranked FCS team at 71. SDSU is second (FCS) at 77.
              NDSU is 1st at 59

SDSU is 4th at 85

You'd never guess which FCS teams are between us.

YSU and ISUr at 75th and 78th respectively.

Comment

Through the October 17 games, Sagarin ranks the MVFC teams, compared to 253 D1 teams, as follows:
                70 NDSU (highest ranked FCS team)
                72 Illinois State
                73 South Dakota State
                101 Youngstown State
                102 Northern Iowa
                111 Western Illinois
                117 Southern Illinois
                129 Indiana State
                150 South Dakota
                206 Missouri State

Comment

The Massey composite rankings of 125 FCS schools has a different view: James Madison is ranked #1 and Dartmouth is ranked #2. Here are the MVFC schools:

3 SDSU
                  5 Illinois State
                  9 NDSU
                  10 WIU
                  13 YSU
                  24 UNI
                  26 Indiana State
                  29 USD
                  39 SIU
                  98 Missouri State

Massey lists the MVFC as the #1 conference followed by the Ivy League. The Big Sky is ranked 5th.

http://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare1aa.htm

Editorial comment: I read the YSU fan message board comments on yesterday's game. While there was almost no criticism of SDSU (there was a little), it's pretty clear that many/most hold the opinion the Jackrabbits had little to do with the 38-8 result at Stambaugh Stadium. It was refreshing to note, however, that the YSU commenters weren't griping about officiating. Ice Palace patrons are upset with the team and the coaches. While polls may not tell us much, they do at least establish a record showing our team has appeared in a few games this year. They also give the Sports Info Departments of upcoming opponents info to write a little more than SDSU Jackrabbits: e.g. "square off against the XX ranked Jackrabbits...." I'll take that.
                  Last edited by JackJD; 10-18-2015, 05:40 PM.

Comment

For anyone that hasn't looked at SUU since we played them, they have looked like a pretty good football team. Granted it is Big Sky play, but SUU has gone 4-0 since getting blown out by SDSU with wins of 30-3 (UNC), 50-7 (Brevard-DII), 44-0 (Weber St), 44-0 (Sac St). If SUU keeps this up, our win over the Thunderbirds could prove to be a statement win in the eyes of the selection committee.
                    "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
                      For anyone that hasn't looked at SUU since we played them, they have looked like a pretty good football team. Granted it is Big Sky play, but SUU has gone 4-0 since getting blown out by SDSU with wins of 30-3 (UNC), 50-7 (Brevard-DII), 44-0 (Weber St), 44-0 (Sac St). If SUU keeps this up, our win over the Thunderbirds could prove to be a statement win in the eyes of the selection committee.
                      Plus it counts since it was over 21 points.
                      Which may or may not really matter much. I suppose margin of victory should have some value.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I thought SUU was not a strong opponent but they've done very well since our game. Sure, the Big Sky is clearly easier competition for the Thunderbirds but they're winning those games by large margins and that speaks well of SUU. Jacked4Days is right: that's turning out to be a quality win for the Jacks.

Comment

Jacks up to 6th in the Coaches Poll. Bison fall to #8,ISU-R at #4.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            Jacks up to 6th in the Coaches Poll. Bison fall to #8,ISU-R at #4.
                            I should probably know this. Is this the highest ranking SDSU has ever had?
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I'm not certain but I think the year after the first time we made the playoffs we started at #4. Probably wrong though and it didn't last as Delaware took us down right away and we had an average season.

Comment

For those who like polls:

Interesting tidbit from AGS. A Coastal Carolina fan put together a chart that showed the record for each team in the top 25 of the AGS poll vs current top 25 teams (Traditionally those numbers are based off of how the team was ranked at the time played). SDSU had the most games and wins vs current top 25 teams, with a 3-1 record. The amazing part of that is what that means is every game we have had outside of RMU has been against a team CURRENTLY in the top 25 or FBS. That's pretty amazing to be sitting where we are sitting facing a schedule with that many top teams after losing Sumner and ZZ.
                                Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Working...
                                X