X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Season

Update from Coach Cirillo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=864SfWNq6SU
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Re: 2015 Season

Just looked at current VB record. 1-18...seriously?
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
      Just looked at current VB record. 1-18...seriously?
      Assume you don't keep up with volleyball much. Yes that's serious, and so is the state of the program. That's why we changed coaches, and the problem goes back more than a half-dozen years or so. I'm not sure we will win any conference games, but haven't really "scouted" all of the Summit schools. I buy season tickets and support the team every year, but this will be as hard as last year in providing any enjoyment.

Having said that, the team has improved over last year, thanks to the coach, since we don't have hardly any new talent. The last two games showed some definite improvement, but it remains spotty. Against Omaha, the Jacks won one set 25-9 and played brilliantly in it, and then came back to lose the match 3-1. And against ORU, they took it to five sets, losing eventually in the final set. Better be patient for a couple of years, or you will drive yourself crazy. We have simila problems with softball, but new coach there in her second season, has them on the upswing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
        Assume you don't keep up with volleyball much.
        They've been off my radar for quite awhile. I didn't realize the program was still in dumpster fire mode.
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

We've been blessed with so many outstanding coaches in many sports. When we transitioned to D1, we had everything in place for a competitive program, including coach Andrew Palileo. We even qualified for the 2007 NCAA championships, the Jackrabbits first NCAA postseason qualifier. Palileo went to Washington State and the coaching carousel has continued to revolve. SDSU has had 12 coaches in their relatively short volleyball history. In contrast, we've only had 8 coaches since WWII for football. Lack of tradition/history can make it difficult to advance a program.

I'm hoping that with our new coach and hopefully some long term commitment to the program, we could be competitive in short order. Nicole Cirillo is a young coach who came from a program that was able to change its fortunes in relatively short order. While this year's team returned 5 seniors. However, their top player transferred to LSU. The Collegian did a fair assessment of the program going into the season.

As with wrestling, this program is prime for a turnaround. If Cirillo can recruit and get the most out of her talent we should be in good shape. Like wrestling, the Midwest is a hotbed for volleyball talent. The Huskers have a long history of being an elite D1 program. Year after year, their roster is built on a foundation of players from the Midwest. This year's squad has 8 Nebraskan's and 3 others from Midwest states. While the talent is here, building a tradition takes time. I'm hoping Cirillo can weather the storm of this season and can build a foundation to compete for conference championships on a regular basis like so many of our other programs.

Comment

SDSU swept the Yotes tonight. The Jacks now improve to 2-20 on the season and 1-4 in conference

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=210419592

Comment

Jacks draw first blood in the South Dakota Corn Showdown Series.

Comment

It has been five years since we've beaten the Yotes, I'm glad we haven't muttered those words much before since the D1 era.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                  SDSU swept the Yotes tonight. The Jacks now improve to 2-20 on the season and 1-4 in conference

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=210419592
                  This is a danged good start on the turnaround, no? Good for the Jacks!

Comment

And the Jackrabbits win on the road at Western Illinois.

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=210428803
                    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                        It's a turn around.

Comment

Watching Jackrabbit volleyball on Jackrabbit Extra without audio is very difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
                            Watching Jackrabbit volleyball on Jackrabbit Extra without audio is very difficult.
                            Would think even with audio would be difficult.
                            Last edited by MontanaRabbit; 10-30-2015, 07:46 PM.

Comment

, but that's another story. First time this year I have caught them and that's what I see but don't hear.

Comment

Working...
                              X