Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Cowbells back?

Blank
    Last edited by i_got_a_fever; 03-14-2016, 07:01 PM.

Re: Are Cowbells back?

is that link your reference?

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever
      Yeah. Why would they even include them in the newly formed group?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I guess It appeared to be a historical refrence to me. < I guess I see your point, but I think they are just pointing out that they are giving to all freshmen.

But I am excited to hear about the Game-day Walk

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
        I guess It appeared to be a historical refrence to me. < I guess I see your point, but I think they are just pointing out that they are giving to all freshmen.

But I am excited to hear about the Game-day Walk
        I had seen this article a while back and wondered the same thing. It seem odd that money is spent to get everyone a cowbell and have to explain to everyone that they can not ring them at athletic events. It appears to be a yes and no answer to the question posed in the title of this thread.
        Last edited by Nidaros; 08-24-2015, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Freshmen currently receive a coin at convocation. The cowbell is meant to replace that in a the capacity of a momento, not a noise maker. Students will be encouraged to bring them to Hobo Week events. Freshmen were given the bells to symbolize their time at SDSU and the heritage of the school.

*Freshmen also received a card with the bell explaining the history and that they could not bring the bells to games and penalties that would result.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
            Freshmen currently receive a coin at convocation. The cowbell is meant to replace that in a the capacity of a momento, not a noise maker. Students will be encouraged to bring them to Hobo Week events. Freshmen were given the bells to symbolize their time at SDSU and the heritage of the school.

*Freshmen also received a card with the bell explaining the history and that they could not bring the bells to games and penalties that would result.
            Okay then, the admin has little or no choice on this matter.

Comment

The admin., including athletics, were the ones who were behind it and in total support of the idea.

Comment

The admin., including athletics, were the ones who were behind it and in total support of the idea.
                Yes they are still in control.

Comment

The penalties are a fallacy.
                  We have seen them at other facilities.
                  If not rang during gameplay they are 100% within the rules of the NCAA.

The summit League has a rule that prohibits them I cannot find and am not aware of the Mo Valley's Rules on this, and have never been presented info contrary to the normal NCAA Rules. Strike this.

EDIT:OK for nonconfrence then, which includes all Postseason
                  Last edited by slosho; 08-25-2015, 07:50 PM. Reason: I Stand Corrected!

Comment

http://www.mvc.org/manual/football.pdf

Page 3

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                      Thanks! Interestingly, there is no penalty outlined for an infraction.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                        Thanks! Interestingly, there is no penalty outlined for an infraction.
                        The Coin Toss is a Farce, eliminate it.

Comment

Working...
                        X