2015 Tailgating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2015 Tailgating

We tailgate in the hard surfaced lot to the west of the stadium. Not this year as the construction is taking up most of it.

I am severely disappointed in the change related to the priority parking passes. Now, one must give $500 per year to the Jackrabbit Club in order to obtain a pass. Donations to other athletic ventures, such as the Dykhouse Center, SJAC, and Dykhouse Stadium do not count toward the priority parking pass for football, no matter how much money one gives each year to those projects. To say I'm upset with this development is an understatement.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
      We tailgate in the hard surfaced lot to the west of the stadium. Not this year as the construction is taking up most of it.

I am severely disappointed in the change related to the priority parking passes. Now, one must give $500 per year to the Jackrabbit Club in order to obtain a pass. Donations to other athletic ventures, such as the Dykhouse Center, SJAC, and Dykhouse Stadium do not count toward the priority parking pass for football, no matter how much money one gives each year to those projects. To say I'm upset with this development is an understatement.
      Your tailgating area will still be there. The area directly west of the old entrance is being consumed with the construction fence. I am not certain if there is plans for the NW entrance to be used, but the SW area is definitely looking enhanced for entry.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
        Your tailgating area will still be there. The area directly west of the old entrance is being consumed with the construction fence. I am not certain if there is plans for the NW entrance to be used, but the SW area is definitely looking enhanced for entry.
        They did pave a walk so that the northwest entrance can be used. They completed it yesterday afternoon. I think you can see it on the webcam.
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I was more looking for an opportunity to bitch about this new policy with regard to priority parking passes. It really angers me.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
            I was more looking for an opportunity to bitch about this new policy with regard to priority parking passes. It really angers me.
            So in year's past other donations (besides Jackrabbit Club) could be used for Priority Parking?

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
              So in year's past other donations (besides Jackrabbit Club) could be used for Priority Parking?
              Yep. Donations to the football facilities mentioned earlier counted toward a priority parking pass. Now, they do not, no matter how much one gives each year.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                North of 3rd base, the second or third row in is how he described it. I think our spot will be called the "Still Hares". This is what we were called during our undergrad time at least and it references back when administration tried to not allow student groups to reserve spots. haha
                Got tailgating passes and map today. It looks like we are neighbors.

Comment

Which one of you is seth rogen and which one is zac effron?
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Yeah because whoever is seth I want to hang out with your wife

Comment

Awesome! What is your spot? I know the guys that are in Pregame Ritual so it should be a good time.
                      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

They did pave a walk so that the northwest entrance can be used. They completed it yesterday afternoon. I think you can see it on the webcam.
                        I drove in there this morning. It is huge improvement for those days when it is a bit slippery with mud or snow.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Awesome! What is your spot? I know the guys that are in Pregame Ritual so it should be a good time.
                          One Lost Jackrabbit

Comment

The Chain Gang will have the hog cooking by 7:30 Saturday morning, if not a bit earlier. 225 (or so) pounds of Greek-seasoning infused pig just minding it's own business rotating on a spit for 7 hours.

Plus a bunch of pork shoulders being cooked downtown to mix in with it.

And barrel-roasted, marinated tri-tip steak.

And Lord only knows what else.

I'm getting hungry just thinking about it...

Is it Saturday yet?

Comment

Hi guys. Never tailgated before but planning on doing it this Saturday. Question for the board is.. how early do we have to get their to get one of the spots in the $5 grey and black lots? Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by AugieJackFan View Post
                                Hi guys. Never tailgated before but planning on doing it this Saturday. Question for the board is.. how early do we have to get their to get one of the spots in the $5 grey and black lots? Thanks in advance!
                                The answer would need to know how good of a location you want and how long you would want to tailgate. If you get close to the south end of the stadium in the parking for the Wellness, expect to see more students. If you want to get on the north end off of the Hiway 14 bypass, you may need to be there in advance of 4 pm to have better choices.

Comment

Working...
                                X