2015 Tailgating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Tailgating

I thought I would start a thread where we could share tailgating plans like we did last year.

My group got the call yesterday and a spot FINALLY opened up in the Backyard! We will be back after a three year absence. Last year the best meal we had at tailgating was a grilled chislic feed consisting of all sorts of meat (goose, venison, beef, lamb, duck, and bear). We also had "Philly Cheesesteaks" and they were pretty good. We might try a shrimp boil like some groups do and I will be looking for pointers on that!
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Re: 2015 Tailgating

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    I thought I would start a thread where we could share tailgating plans like we did last year.

My group got the call yesterday and a spot FINALLY opened up in the Backyard! We will be back after a three year absence. Last year the best meal we had at tailgating was a grilled chislic feed consisting of all sorts of meat (goose, venison, beef, lamb, duck, and bear). We also had "Philly Cheesesteaks" and they were pretty good. We might try a shrimp boil like some groups do and I will be looking for pointers on that!
    Definitely recommend the shrimp boil. I use the Louisiana brand Crawfish, shrimp and crab boil seasoning. Get peel and eat shrimp, fresh if you can but frozen will do. I use an outdoor turkey fryer. Include onions, potatoes, sausage (usually use ring bologna or similar), corn on the cob, carrots and your seafood of choice. Its easy and pretty fast. Only takes about 30 minutes to boil everything.

Yankton Jackrabbit Club should be in a similar location. Planning to be present before every game!!! Looking forward to it.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I guess I'm a little surprised a spot finally opened up. Or were you looking for that specific location? My point is there should be lots of space to buy tailgating spots that I hope others can be included in. Tailgating needs to grow.

As for your question, we've done pork loin in the past. Haven't done anything real interesting yet.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
        I guess I'm a little surprised a spot finally opened up. Or were you looking for that specific location? My point is there should be lots of space to buy tailgating spots that I hope others can be included in. Tailgating needs to grow.

As for your question, we've done pork loin in the past. Haven't done anything real interesting yet.
        We were on the "waiting list" all of last year because the Backyard was sold out. We would have been happy being anywhere back there and it was frustrating to see open spots nearly every game when we walked through. We tailgated in the HPER lot every game and still had a good time, but it was NOT the same atmosphere.

Comment

We were on the "waiting list" all of last year because the Backyard was sold out. We would have been happy being anywhere back there and it was frustrating to see open spots nearly every game when we walked through. We tailgated in the HPER lot every game and still had a good time, but it was NOT the same atmosphere.
          Where is your spot located. Our spot "One Lost Jackrabbit" is on the NE area.

Comment

They obviously sly need to expand it somehow. If people want permanent tailgating spots and are willing to put up the money, they need to find room. It expands the fan base and improves the fan experience. I'm a little disappointed to hear this.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
              Where is your spot located. Our spot "One Lost Jackrabbit" is on the NE area.
              North of 3rd base, the second or third row in is how he described it. I think our spot will be called the "Still Hares". This is what we were called during our undergrad time at least and it references back when administration tried to not allow student groups to reserve spots. haha

Comment

Our group always tailgates in the west parking light by a light pole. We call it island tailgating. I think the tailgating in the parking lots is growing since they allowed alcohol in them. it can still grow but is vastly improved from what it used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by gobigblue View Post
                  Our group always tailgates in the west parking light by a light pole. We call it island tailgating. I think the tailgating in the parking lots is growing since they allowed alcohol in them. it can still grow but is vastly improved from what it used to be.
                  We are currently looking to aquire a means for taking 8(plus) to the games, but have acquired a Portable grill and a 10 by 10 pop up.
                  We don't have a spot but We'll work it out.

Comment

Not many schools allow permanent tailgating where you get to leave trailers and what not. Maybe they can expand once the stadium is done but there is not much land to expand. There is the gravel lot north of main tailgating lot and they only charge 5 bucks a spot.

Comment

Seems like we should be getting the official tailgating map and passes soon. Also would think that the season tickets would be arriving soon too.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu2000 View Post
                        Seems like we should be getting the official tailgating map and passes soon. Also would think that the season tickets would be arriving soon too.
                        I hope they arrive soon. I dont get how we can get single game tickets already but not our season tickets when they were ordered back in May.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                          I hope they arrive soon. I dont get how we can get single game tickets already but not our season tickets when they were ordered back in May.
                          Season tickets are printed differently, so they wait until the very end to print them all off at one time. Usually season tickets have different players on each one of the games.
                          Single game tickets can be printed right from Athletic Dept. at any time. Single game tickets are of your generic brand.

Comment

Tailgating will be interesting for me this year, lots of conflicting events, causing me to get there later than I'm used to.

Foodwise: You play NDSU, you serve up Bizzzzzoooon
                            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

I notice that the tailgating spots have the signs and there are some tents erected north of CAS. All of the garbage cans are in place as well.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                              X