Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fall Camp 2015

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Wow, if this is true, that's terrible to hear. I sat by his family for every game last year, they drove up from Omaha for every one. Very nice people. It will be interesting to hear what happened, if we ever find out.
    I having nothing to base this on but for an academic issue, it sounds like being caught cheating or plagerising a term paper. I agree its sad for Trey and his family. I doubt we will ever find out the details.

Comment

It's sad that he can be dismissed from team and school for an infraction like that (which I do understand, they tell every freshman that at beginning of year) but Coprich from ISU-R gets caught selling pot and is still at the school and allowed to play. Guess every school has different standards and ours are higher than others. We will still be good at corner but losing him will hurt. Hopefully there is someone else who steps up. On the positive side we did get a transfer from the Cornhuskers (he was a walk on) to play d-end where we were really thin last year and added a big O-lineman from a JC in AZ. Also, Zim was showing live video on periscope yesterday. Hopefully he continues doing it.

Comment

Carr is a big loss. He would have been an All Conference player for us at some point in his career. Very frustrating.

I'm interested to see who will attempt to step into the RB role after ZZ.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
          Carr is a big loss. He would have been an All Conference player for us at some point in his career. Very frustrating.

I'm interested to see who will attempt to step into the RB role after ZZ.
          Maybe its just me hoping for it. But I would like to see a run heavy game. I think we have more depth at running back then we ever have. Would love to see a diverse running attack and multiple formations using more then just 1 feature back all game. Go where our strength is. Not that passing is a weakness, but no Sumner, or no Schneider to help Wienke get open, seems like a great way to take some of the pressure off the new QB. Plus I feel O line should be pretty solid. Looking forward to multiple guys filling in at RB.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by gobigblue View Post
            It's sad that he can be dismissed from team and school for an infraction like that (which I do understand, they tell every freshman that at beginning of year) but Coprich from ISU-R gets caught selling pot and is still at the school and allowed to play. Guess every school has different standards and ours are higher than others. We will still be good at corner but losing him will hurt. Hopefully there is someone else who steps up. On the positive side we did get a transfer from the Cornhuskers (he was a walk on) to play d-end where we were really thin last year and added a big O-lineman from a JC in AZ. Also, Zim was showing live video on periscope yesterday. Hopefully he continues doing it.
            I believe that there must have been more to it than plagiarizing or cheating. Those infractions typically lead to a student failing the class rather than being kicked out of school.
            "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Zim post on Lujan this morning: http://www.argusleader.com/story/mat...gins/31270119/

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                Reading that story doesn't change much, he may win the job, he may not.

But it certainly speaks to Lujan's character. Seems like a tremendous young man. If I have to venture a guess, he'll win the job, unless he's too careless with the ball... Or Christion is just that good.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                  Reading that story doesn't change much, he may win the job, he may not.

But it certainly speaks to Lujan's character. Seems like a tremendous young man. If I have to venture a guess, he'll win the job, unless he's too careless with the ball... Or Christion is just that good.
                  I agree. TC would have to totally outshine to go as a truefreshman. Lujan wasnt bad really last year. not the strongest arm but he had some good passing games. Remember how he seemed to hold his out and didnt look out of place at missouri? I think TC would have to really be head and shoulders better. Would rather see TC redshirt and come in next year competing atlvery least being a legit ready to go back up as a redshirt freshman assuming lujan is the guy this year he would probably be it again next year.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
                    I believe that there must have been more to it than plagiarizing or cheating. Those infractions typically lead to a student failing the class rather than being kicked out of school.
                    "Typically" is an awfully broad brush...........plagiarism and cheating is a pretty strong offense for universities that value academics. Expulsion is not uncommon. We need folks with integrity and character to graduate from our university. If TC committed either of those acts I support the decision to expel him.

I suppose it all goes back to the student honor code. I'm assuming we have one.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                      "Typically" is an awfully broad brush...........plagiarism and cheating is a pretty strong offense for universities that value academics. Expulsion is not uncommon. We need folks with integrity and character to graduate from our university. If TC committed either of those acts I support the decision to expel him.

I suppose it all goes back to the student honor code. I'm assuming we have one.
                      I think the other shoe has not hit the floor. We may be listening all night and never hear it. The point is TC is not in school nor on the team, and some one some where knows exactly why. I am not that person.

Comment

Mr. Zimmer had a couple of good SDSU preview stories in the print edition of the Saturday (Aug. 8) Argus Leader.

PS - There is (or was) more than one TC on the football roster. For the sake of my heart health, please be careful using initials.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                          Mr. Zimmer had a couple of good SDSU preview stories in the print edition of the Saturday (Aug. 8) Argus Leader.

PS - There is (or was) more than one TC on the football roster. For the sake of my heart health, please be careful using initials.
                          This discussion all started with Trey Carr not being in camp and to most of us it is a mystery not solved and may never be solved.
                          Trey showed talent while wearing the Jack uniform. Yes we should be more careful in using initials.

Comment

First day of padded practice for the Jacks and nothing to report per Zim. Glad we know about the Twins instead of covering SDSU football. All other MVC teams have daily football news. Argus Leader, please get a reporter to cover Jacks football or take "Leader" off your name.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                              First day of padded practice for the Jacks and nothing to report per Zim. Glad we know about the Twins instead of covering SDSU football. All other MVC teams have daily football news. Argus Leader, please get a reporter to cover Jacks football or take "Leader" off your name.
                              Holy ****.
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Coach Currier discusses the DT position.

http://youtu.be/d1w3Wle4WGI

Comment

Working...
                                X