Fall Camp 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall Camp 2015

Football starts tomorrow. Anyone know if SDSU has a new beat reporter covering football or will it be the same old reporting from the Argus, " if I got time" from Zimmer?

Re: Fall Camp 2015

I heard Zach Zanello is transferring. Roster on gojacks confirms as he is no longer listed. Not sure to where or why or even if it's been reported before.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
      I heard Zach Zanello is transferring. Roster on gojacks confirms as he is no longer listed. Not sure to where or why or even if it's been reported before.
      Twitter profile now says University of Arizona.
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
        Twitter profile now says University of Arizona.
        Don't think he is playing football as he had another surgery (shoulder?).

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
          Football starts tomorrow. Anyone know if SDSU has a new beat reporter covering football or will it be the same old reporting from the Argus, " if I got time" from Zimmer?
          The unofficial word is that Zimmer will cover SDSU, and a new reporter will cover USF and Augie. I don't know if the new reporter has been hired yet. Until one has been hired, we probably can't expect any big improvement in SDSU coverage.
          This space for lease.

Comment

The FCS coaches poll is out.

http://valley-football.org/news/defa...ed-bison-no-1/

Jacks are #15, one spot ahead of Youngstown. I can't argue with that. Too many unknowns to crack the top-10. Hopefully we can get there with a couple of "surprise" wins in September and early October.

NDSU #1
            ISUR #2
            UNI #10

Comment

This is where we really will see how much we miss Terry at the Argus. Large shoes to fill and not sure they are up to the task guy did a lot on his own. Leaves an opening for some bloggers just not my thing.

Comment

Love these videos football team puts out.
                https://vimeo.com/135573316

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                  The FCS coaches poll is out.

http://valley-football.org/news/defa...ed-bison-no-1/

Jacks are #15, one spot ahead of Youngstown. I can't argue with that. Too many unknowns to crack the top-10. Hopefully we can get there with a couple of "surprise" wins in September and early October.

NDSU #1
                  ISUR #2
                  UNI #10
                  not to sound to smackish but USD getting 12 votes was the biggest surprise to me. not sure if thats respect for the MVFC or people think they are going to turn it around. I think they are closer to going winless then going .500 record. Just didnt see the overall talent that is needed in the MVFC.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    not to sound to smackish but USD getting 12 votes was the biggest surprise to me. not sure if thats respect for the MVFC or people think they are going to turn it around. I think they are closer to going winless then going .500 record. Just didnt see the overall talent that is needed in the MVFC.
                    OR coaches accidentally voted for South Dakota instead of South Dakota State. USD was picked last in the MVFC for a reason. Losing your starting QB for the year and having no recent success in the past couple of seasons shouldn't garner any votes. Dom Izzo wrote an article regarding this. http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/coa...-votes-public/

Comment

Accidently voted for SDSU? Possibly. Its a preseason poll, so who cares. Take our 12 votes and add them to yours, meaningless.
                      Last edited by coyotecrazie5; 08-06-2015, 10:27 AM. Reason: removed text

Comment

Also, I'm all for making the votes public. If a coach accidentally votes for the wrong college, maybe they shouldn't have a vote.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                          OR coaches accidentally voted for South Dakota instead of South Dakota State. USD was picked last in the MVFC for a reason. Losing your starting QB for the year and having no recent success in the past couple of seasons shouldn't garner any votes. Dom Izzo wrote an article regarding this. http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/coa...-votes-public/
                          Cant really argue with him. ITs still meaningless but for fans its still fun to talk about.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Matt Zimmer@argusmattz 28m28 minutes ago
                            On my way to Brookings for @GoJacksFB practice. @mickgarry is en route to Vermilion. Football season is here.

OMG do you guys think he had to ask Terry for directions on how to make it to Brookings? I like things better the way they used to be. Everything was better back then.

About time, amirite guys???
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Couple camp updates I heard. Little isn't in camp and transfer possibly de from Nebraska (although was told he played te at neb.) is there

Comment

Working...
                              X