Madison Bulldogs WBB Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madison Bulldogs WBB Coach

Former SDSU star point guard, Macie Michelson will be the head coach for the Lady Bulldogs this upcoming season. This will be her first head coaching position. She was an assistant for Sioux Valley back in 2013.
    Congrats and Good Luck to her!

http://www.dailyleaderextra.com/news...dfa90aee7.html

Re: Madison Bulldogs WBB Coach

Good for Macie. I always thought she look very young. I guess it was the natural blonde hair. A few years back she was a cashier at Walmart in Brookings. I know she will do a good job in Madison.

Comment

If Macie's team shows the same intensity as their coach did as a player,their effort will never be questioned. They will no doubt lead their conference in fist pumps !

Comment

Madison got a good coach,the rest is up to them.

Comment

She certainly knows the game well. Not an easy place to coach in. Just ask Coach Ricke.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
            She certainly knows the game well. Not an easy place to coach in. Just ask Coach Ricke.
            Is not this true for every high school? Parents think they know what is best for little Johnnie or Jane. I am reminded of the reprinted article in the South Dakota Magazine about the 1955 successful run in Class B basketball by Gann Valley. Another story.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              Is not this true for every high school? Parents think they know what is best for little Johnnie or Jane. I am reminded of the reprinted article in the South Dakota Magazine about the 1955 successful run in Class B basketball by Gann Valley. Another story.
              You are correct.

Although some places are better than others, because long standing administration support has shown parents they shouldn't bother.

But in the court of public opinion, we're pretty much all idiots who don't know what we're doing. We should just run play "x", that the parents coach ran when they were in school.
              (Sorry got off on a rant there)
              Best of luck to Macie!

Comment

I
                Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                You are correct.

Although some places are better than others, because long standing administration support has shown parents they shouldn't bother.

But in the court of public opinion, we're pretty much all idiots who don't know what we're doing. We should just run play "x", that the parents coach ran when they were in school.
                (Sorry got off on a rant there)
                Best of luck to Macie!
                I don't see your remarks as a rant. Judging by your handle, I think you have been close to fire and felt temp. Macie for a time worked as cashier at Walmart. I went through her line a few times. A very confident young lady.

Comment

Considering Madison has been to the State Championship game five of the last eight years, winning four of those games, I think it's safe to say Coach Ricke knows what he's doing. I'd like to see any of those "coaches from the bleachers" have that same kind of success on the court
                  I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                    Considering Madison has been to the State Championship game five of the last eight years, winning four of those games, I think it's safe to say Coach Ricke knows what he's doing. I'd like to see any of those "coaches from the bleachers" have that same kind of success on the court
                    Agreed.

He got lots of heat, his early years when White and Fiegen were coming up. I remember him being called a FB coach, not a bb coach many times.

I'm sure he's safe for a few years. Or until he posts a couple losing seasons in a row.

He's a good guy, and a good coach.

Comment

Those coaches in the stands might just find MHS back in ESD and door mat city here we come.

Comment

Speaking of Coach Ricke, he's in for a pretty tough fight. Any help that Jackrabbit Nation (and the Barnyard Cadets) can offer would be great.

http://www.gofundme.com/coachricke
                        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Speaking of Coach Ricke, he's in for a pretty tough fight. Any help that Jackrabbit Nation (and the Barnyard Cadets) can offer would be great.

http://www.gofundme.com/coachricke
                          Did not know that. I will help spread the word.

Comment

Working...
                          X