RECENT SPORTSMAX PROGRAMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RECENT SPORTSMAX PROGRAMS

Although I enjoy listening to Mike Hendricksen's radio show Sportsmax, it not my intention to promote his show, but within in the last month Sportsmax has had two interviews that were very interesting to me since they included two now old guys. One was with Carrol Hardy and the other was Gordy Fosness.

What struck me as interesting was the details on how both were recruited. Carroll Hardy was just about packing his bags for Vermillion and USD when the U of Colorado showed up and the rest is history. Carroll was a great athlete in two sports for Colorado and that was followed with a short career in the NFL and then moving on to MLB where he spent 8 years. USD lost a great athlete.

The interesting thing about the legend at DWU, Gordy Fosness was that Ralph Ginn and Jack Frost made at home visit at his fathers gas station in Presho. Gordy almost became a Jackrabbit but in the end went to DWU. Although I never seen him play basketball or football, he was big scorer in the SDIC. Jim Sutton and Fosness were drafted by the Minneopolis Lakers and both got a try out, and both got cut. I often thing back to watching Jim Sutton play BB at SDSU and if they would had another scoring power like Gordy Fosness, its hard telling what that team may have accompolished. Though both of these guys are in their eighties now, it great to hear their full story. Thanks Mike.
Working...
X