This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dakota Marker

I've only heard of a few Bison who have bought a season ticket. Extra tickets to this game are based on priority points though, so if they just bought one season ticket that doesn't necessarily mean they will get a bunch for the game. In the past season ticket holders could only buy 8 and it didn't matter on points but that changed this year. I have a feeling come sat/Monday morning there may be some disappointed fans from up north who thought they would for sure have tickets but there may not be any available. Especially now that there isn't any GA tickets and the stadium can sell out. I was able to get 40 extra bought and my brother sold around 50. Hopefully other season ticket holders did the same.

Comment

Originally posted by gobigblue View Post
      I've only heard of a few Bison who have bought a season ticket. Extra tickets to this game are based on priority points though, so if they just bought one season ticket that doesn't necessarily mean they will get a bunch for the game. In the past season ticket holders could only buy 8 and it didn't matter on points but that changed this year. I have a feeling come sat/Monday morning there may be some disappointed fans from up north who thought they would for sure have tickets but there may not be any available. Especially now that there isn't any GA tickets and the stadium can sell out. I was able to get 40 extra bought and my brother sold around 50. Hopefully other season ticket holders did the same.

Rep pts for getting that many for State fans. If they were for Bison fans I'll take it back.

I have to say I thought you were crazy thinking that this could get full but if State fans got on the ball and bought tickets it could make it tougher for Bison fans to get in. I personally still think there will be a ton of NDSU in the stadium.
      Last edited by SDSUAlum08; 07-29-2015, 08:26 AM.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
        Rep pts for getting that many for State fans. If they were for Bison fans I'll take it back.

I have to say I thought you were crazy thinking that this could get full but if State fans got on the ball and bought tickets it could make it tougher for Bison fans to get in. I personally still think there will be a ton of NDSU in the stadium. They're like leaches up there.
        Leaches?

Trust me plenty of SDSU alum have bought not to support ndsu but turn a profit for themselves....I know several that bought from SDSU "fans"
        BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
          Leaches?

Trust me plenty of SDSU alum have bought not to support ndsu but turn a profit for themselves....I know several that bought from SDSU "fans"
          SDSU08 should never have said this, he just started a piss fight with a skunk. The Bison nation. Besides that we need those green and gold dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            SDSU08 should never have said this, he just started a piss fight with a skunk. The Bison nation.

I'm not mad...I don't care, our fans travel...not going to apologize for it, we get tickets no matter how other schools try to hold it down

Ask usd about the Sioux Falls game fiasco
            BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by gobigblue View Post
              In the past season ticket holders could only buy 8 and it didn't matter on points but that changed this year.
              Yes, that must have changed...one season ticket allowed Bison fans to buy as many as they want. Yes, unlimited. One Bison fan even asked if SDSU would just keep the paid for season ticket and was told no, it must be sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                SDSU08 should never have said this, he just started a piss fight with a skunk. The Bison nation. Besides that we need those green and gold dollars.
                That's pretty funny...

Comment

Leaches?

Probably a bad choice of words. Didn't mean anything by it. Just reiterating that there will be Bison fans everywhere. I can delete it.
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I'm not mad...I don't care, our fans travel...not going to apologize for it, we get tickets no matter how other schools try to hold it down

Ask usd about the Sioux Falls game fiasco
                    I am the joker here. This board is kind of slow during the summer months. Yes your fans do travel and they spend money along the way.

Comment

Leaches?

How much money we talking about?

....just kidding,of course

Comment

I think we all know, one way or another the Bison fans will be there. And isnt that what makes this a fun rivalry? Im already excited for that game. Hopefully i feel the same afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                          I think we all know, one way or another the Bison fans will be there. And isnt that what makes this a fun rivalry? Im already excited for that game. Hopefully i feel the same afterwards

Yes, this is the bottom line. You have to give them credit. I wish there were more teams with this type of fan support.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                            Yes, this is the bottom line. You have to give them credit. I wish there were more teams with this type of fan support.
                            Makes you appreciate more how wrong both teams local media people and especially UND fans/media were in 2003 about the XDSU's moving up. The Jacks will average 15K plus this year something that is impossible for UND. Meanwhile UND is stuck in a vagabond conference with 0 rivals and travel distances across 2 time zones. Their fans have 0 connection/rivalry with any opposing fans.

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
                              Makes you appreciate more how wrong both teams local media people and especially UND fans/media were in 2003 about the XDSU's moving up. The Jacks will average 15K plus this year something that is impossible for UND. Meanwhile UND is stuck in a vagabond conference with 0 rivals and travel distances across 2 time zones. Their fans have 0 connection/rivalry with any opposing fans.
                              What tickles me now was the disappointment felt at XDSU's when the Presidents of Big Sky turned us down for membership. They did us a big favor so UND might think.

Comment

I purchased additional NDSU-game tickets this morning...they're on the new east side Section 122 (north end, running from the 25 to about the 10 based on the seating chart available on gojacks.com) and those were the best available. They're good seats but think about that: couple of months before the game and there's essentially nothing available in the midsection. I expect the game to set a new attendance record and by all rights, it should be a sellout. The record will last one year because the new west side will be open for business in 2016.

I do not want the extra tickets I have to fall into the hands of any NDSU fan. I think I will have eight available...possibly 10 but not sure. So, if members of this board need tickets, let me know. Cost is what I paid for them: $40 per. I'm confident that any tickets remaining can be easily sold to people dressed in yellow and blue who are taking the risk of buying tickets on game day.

I think there's been a lot of activity in corporate purchases of blocks of tickets. I think that's great: insures the revenue is there and increases the chances that SDSU fans will use those seats.

I was communicating with another member of this board about the question: How does one determine they're selling to an SDSU fan? Anyone interested in buying tickets, think about this: how do you prove you're an SDSU fan when buying tickets on a message board? I'll ask that question.

Attendance this season and the 2016 season will be interesting to watch. Many will show up because they're curious but they may not be totally hooked on being at every Jackrabbit home game. When they see the venue, the level of play on the field, and realize the scarcity of tickets, we may have a situation not unlike the U of Montana. Gameday Saturday is THE event in Missoula and the weather be damned. I think it will be that way in Brookings, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X