X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dakota Marker

Originally posted by gobigblue View Post
    There are a lot of questions to be determined in this game. Basically how good are we and how good are the bison. They lost to a very average, maybe below average, Gizzlie team and beat up on the two worst teams in the Big Fluffy. We beat a not so great FBS Kansas team, but still FBS, a usually average fluffy team and RMU who probably won't end with too many wins. The bison haven't seen an O-line or defense as good as ours and it's obvious that Weineke is the best WR in FCS. I think their WR's are pretty underwhelming, their defense was bad against MT and play 4 RB's. Get to Wentz early and often and I think it could be a long day for their offense. They seem to start slow so we need get some points up early on them and make them doubt themselves. Big game if we can get to 4-0 and they start 2-2 with 0 signature wins. Saturday can't get here soon enough.
    I agree with most of what you said Weineke is very good but Kupp is the top dog as of now. If jake continues his dominance in the mvfc for the rest of the season I'll agree. Even if Kupp has better stats he still plays fast break FB in a conference where defense is treated like an afterthought. The D in the mvfc is tough, dare I say the toughest in the FCS, keep it up and others will take notice.

Comment

Get to Wentz early and often and I think it could be a long day for their offense.
      To me, this is the big question mark. I don't know that we've shown that we've improved our pass rush from years past, and the Bison are going to be bringing the best o-line that we've seen yet this season. If we don't get pressure on Wentz, it won't matter how average their WR's are (I believe they are underrated) as Wentz will carve us up.
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I watched the entire game between NDSU and UND.

NDSU had 10 3 and outs against UND. UND did not have any passing threat that I could see. Pass defense is probably still pretty good. So it going to be a great game.

Comment

I feel like we should be able to move the ball through the air fairly well on them this year, which should make them loosen up on the run game some or keep getting burned by the pass. I think the defense will do a decent job but they will put some points up on us. Definately will come down to the turnover battle. Besides the game we were rusty we have been pretty solid on that front so I think we should be ok.
          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

There are a lot of questions to be determined in this game. Basically how good are we and how good are the bison. They lost to a very average, maybe below average, Gizzlie team and beat up on the two worst teams in the Big Fluffy. We beat a not so great FBS Kansas team, but still FBS, a usually average fluffy team and RMU who probably won't end with too many wins. The bison haven't seen an O-line or defense as good as ours and it's obvious that Weineke is the best WR in FCS. I think their WR's are pretty underwhelming, their defense was bad against MT and play 4 RB's. Get to Wentz early and often and I think it could be a long day for their offense. They seem to start slow so we need get some points up early on them and make them doubt themselves. Big game if we can get to 4-0 and they start 2-2 with 0 signature wins. Saturday can't get here soon enough.
            First game of the year without our best secondary and most experience defender vs Montana. Although not against world beaters I do think the defense has fixed some things. Are we as dominant as last season, obviously no, but the defense is young. Surely SDSU will be best team we've seen thus far and should be a close game. As for UND and Weber both are 1-0 in Big Sky so far so probably not the two worst

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
              To me, this is the big question mark. I don't know that we've shown that we've improved our pass rush from years past, and the Bison are going to be bringing the best o-line that we've seen yet this season. If we don't get pressure on Wentz, it won't matter how average their WR's are (I believe they are underrated) as Wentz will carve us up.
              Pressuring Wentz is great, but then you need to spy him. The guy is a freakish athlete who has killed us with his feet in the past, particularly on third downs.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                Pressuring Wentz is great, but then you need to spy him. The guy is a freakish athlete who has killed us with his feet in the past, particularly on third downs.
                A timely Wentz run has bailed them out many times. He's a good runner who knows when to take off. I wish Lujan had a little more of that in his game. One or two 8-yard runs for a first down can make a huge difference. Maybe it will come as he gets more comfortable.

It will be nice to finely get a good sense of where these two teams stand. It's hard to gather much from the preseason except for the fact that they are both solid. I expect these two teams to be slugging it out in the standings for weeks, in spite of the outcome of this game.

NDSU can clearly be beaten, but it's going to take a turnover or two and a much sharper effort than we had against RMU. Though (right after the game) many Bison fans talked them up like they were the '85 Bears, Montana is clearly no juggernaut and they were able to put up 500+ yards and get a win. Hopefully we'll see Lujan get a little time to throw and Weineke putting on his typical show. Last week's reemergence of Cam Jones is a good sign too. There are going to be big opportunities for the "other" pass catchers the rest of this year. If one really steps up we are going to have quite an offense on our hands.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  Much wisdom here. Face it: it's going to happen so just let it go. Smile, shake your head -- have to keep in mind that the overwhelming majority of Bison fans are great people. Have to ignore the self-proving idiots.*

Let's talk about the game!

*My nature is to defend the right of idiots to make public fools of themselves. Sometimes that philosophical bent perplexes even me (not really).
                  The Chicago Blackhawk fans, have a tradition of cheering wildly near the end of the SSB, I'm as patriotic as anyone but I find worrying about what the Bison fans do more of a jealousy of their fan base than anything. Who cares, win the game.

Comment

I'm curious to see if the Bison secondary has improved at all since game one. They were pretty bad. I'm also curious to see which version of our offensive lines shows up. The dominate line that controlled Kansas or the soft line that was bullied against RMU. I also want to see how our cbs handle the shifty Vraa and Underwearski. I really like the length and athleticism that the freshman Taylor adds to our secondary and think he will be an asset this game. I think we will see more of Hassel this week as he has had very good games against the Bison in the past and if Brown is hurt.
                    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I think it will be a good game.

The Jackrabbits are going to have to block better than they did last weekend.

As annoying as NDSU's fans are, I completely and totally respect the product they put on the field.

I agree with Jimmy Jack...Wentz's scrambling is a problem. Just like Jensen before him. Always seems like they are in something like 3rd and 8, and break off a 13 yard scramble to keep a drive alive.

I've noticed the Jacks playing alot of "press" coverage on the outside WR's so far this year, with Jimmy and JeRyan... much more than I've ever seen, in fact. I hope this continues this week.

Should be a great game, and may the better team win, and I mean that sincerely. What's the Ric Flair line, "To be the man, you gotta beat the man. Whooo!"

Comment

I may be wrong but I've don't recall ever seeing a LB shadow an opposing QB. Whether they are a running, dual threat or just a pure scrambler. Am I wrong in thinking we need that this week. I mean stick Hassell in wentzs back pocket and let him terrorize him if he can.

it's a shame Banasiak left the team, he had a bright future. I like what Plote, Kern, Blum and Schultz are doing. They'll get to the QB eventually.

The he good thing is the D is pretty much what we expected, sound and they stiffen up when their backs are against it. Would like to see them tackle better though, to many guys trying to lay someone out instead wrapping up.

The surprise is the offense. Lujan has improved his arm strength although he was inaccurate at times Saturday and missed some great opportunities. The running game is very good. I like what both Brady and Isaac bring to the field. The line overall has done well but at times is inconsistent, they generally gel eventually.

Special teams hasn't been a detriment as in years past. Hale has done quite well, Carlson is now getting kicks deep and other than poor lane discipline a couple times coverage units have been strong. JeRyan is arguably the best pr we've ever had. Smart, sure handed and very good at making the first guy miss. Carlson's accuracy on FG's should improve but he hasn't been bad. He just had a tough act to follow in Syrovatka.

We we need to clean up the penalties. This is not the norm for a Stieg coached team. 2-3 a game yes, not 7-8. Clean those up, play sound, technical FB and we are very difficult to beat.

Should be be a great game in an electric atmosphere, could be very similar to last years playoff game. I only hope the outcome is reversed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                          I may be wrong but I've don't recall ever seeing a LB shadow an opposing QB. Whether they are a running, dual threat or just a pure scrambler. Am I wrong in thinking we need that this week. I mean stick Hassell in wentzs back pocket and let him terrorize him if he can.

it's a shame Banasiak left the team, he had a bright future. I like what Plote, Kern, Blum and Schultz are doing. They'll get to the QB eventually.

The he good thing is the D is pretty much what we expected, sound and they stiffen up when their backs are against it. Would like to see them tackle better though, to many guys trying to lay someone out instead wrapping up.

The surprise is the offense. Lujan has improved his arm strength although he was inaccurate at times Saturday and missed some great opportunities. The running game is very good. I like what both Brady and Isaac bring to the field. The line overall has done well but at times is inconsistent, they generally gel eventually.

Special teams hasn't been a detriment as in years past. Hale has done quite well, Carlson is now getting kicks deep and other than poor lane discipline a couple times coverage units have been strong. JeRyan is arguably the best pr we've ever had. Smart, sure handed and very good at making the first guy miss. Carlson's accuracy on FG's should improve but he hasn't been bad. He just had a tough act to follow in Syrovatka.

We we need to clean up the penalties. This is not the norm for a Stieg coached team. 2-3 a game yes, not 7-8. Clean those up, play sound, technical FB and we are very difficult to beat.

Should be be a great game in an electric atmosphere, could be very similar to last years playoff game. I only hope the outcome is reversed.
                          I keep thinking that short passes to the TE will probably work best as NDSU will probably have three guys covering Weinke. Its bound to open up the short field. Plus next year we got to replace our punter/kicker Carlson and we lose a very skilled player here.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            I keep thinking that short passes to the TE will probably work best as NDSU will probably have three guys covering Weinke. Its bound to open up the short field. Plus next year we got to replace our punter/kicker Carlson and we lose a very skilled player here.
                            Calling Cam Jones (and Dallas Goedert). Let's make them pay if the try to take Weineke away.

Comment

Checked out Bisonville chat and they are excited we are all in an uproar about the SSB. I say we pay it no attention don't boo or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu2000 View Post
                                Checked out Bisonville chat and they are excited we are all in an uproar about the SSB. I say we pay it no attention don't boo or anything.
                                Unlike Bisonville, we actually RESPECT the anthem, and the people that served.
                                I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Working...
                                X