X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dakota Marker

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Games are better outside...no doubt about it. I'd be at a game no matter the weather...I love a game in horrible weather. But, that is not the feeling of many fans...especially for those with families. Our attendance did not get crazy either until the product on the field got to where it is. SDSU has built up the program and is continuing to make improvements...but the winning will have to continue as well...and who knows what SDSU's team will be like this year...big shoes to fill.

As far as tailgating, I haven't seen where SDSU has done much to promote it and make it a gameday experience. Maybe there are things I haven't seen (could easily be), but I just don't think so.
    Give us some pointers on how to make a tailgate area better.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      Give us some pointers on how to make a tailgate area better.
      whisky.....................
      BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
        Games are better outside...no doubt about it. I'd be at a game no matter the weather...I love a game in horrible weather. But, that is not the feeling of many fans...especially for those with families. Our attendance did not get crazy either until the product on the field got to where it is. SDSU has built up the program and is continuing to make improvements...but the winning will have to continue as well...and who knows what SDSU's team will be like this year...big shoes to fill.

As far as tailgating, I haven't seen where SDSU has done much to promote it and make it a gameday experience. Maybe there are things I haven't seen (could easily be), but I just don't think so.
        If anything, they have discouraged it by making the tailgating area very small and splitting it into two different areas. It should be legit parking lot tailgating where you can pay for multiple spots if you want, but people should be able to pull up, grab two spots, and set up a tailgate area. The way it is now, in the normal tailgating area, you have to purchase a spot for the whole year, and multiple spots end up empty because some people only use them once or twice a year. Imo, Hobo Day is the only fun day to tailgate at SDSU games, and that's just due to the shear number of people that show up.

Comment

Just ordered 40 extra tickets for the Bison game. No idea right now how many are or will be spoken for. Suspect I will have some left over.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Has the upd issue at tailgating been as much of an issue? Like better or worse? I think part of it is there is still enough apathy. Great if we win but as long as most fans don't get over invested they don't really care. I have friends who were like I was and very active at football games in our college days. Either in the band or cheer team etc along with going most every game. But now I can maybe get them 2 one game a year and it isn't easy. They just get cought up in other things in life and don't put sdsu football a priority. Even just drinking a few beers an hour before the game we had a blast.

At work I have almost convinced some usd grads to join the yellew and blue. They never went to usd games since they were always so bad. Most spent their time following the huskers or going to their games. With the new stadium I pretty much have them convinced it is fun and to come to they games even if they don't cheer for sdsu. Just go as a sports fan and enjoy the atmosphere.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              Has the upd issue at tailgating been as much of an issue? Like better or worse? I think part of it is there is still enough apathy. Great if we win but as long as most fans don't get over invested they don't really care. I have friends who were like I was and very active at football games in our college days. Either in the band or cheer team etc along with going most every game. But now I can maybe get them 2 one game a year and it isn't easy. They just get cought up in other things in life and don't put sdsu football a priority. Even just drinking a few beers an hour before the game we had a blast.

At work I have almost convinced some usd grads to join the yellew and blue. They never went to usd games since they were always so bad. Most spent their time following the huskers or going to their games. With the new stadium I pretty much have them convinced it is fun and to come to they games even if they don't cheer for sdsu. Just go as a sports fan and enjoy the atmosphere.
              Still much more restrictive at SDSU then any place else I've ever tailgated. USD does a great job, you can basically do whatever you want, whenever you want as long as your in the proper area. No hassle from any cops. Similar to every large venue I've ever been too.

We function just fine with the restrictions but it does get old to have the UPD up your butt every time you set foot in the tailgate area. I'd like to see them loosen up but that's just one guys opinion.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

image.jpg

Right. SDSU's tailgating is subpar.

Comment

Originally posted by mmiller_34 View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]657[/ATTACH]

Yep...I can see you guys do things first class all the way.

But at least since nobody cares about the conditions they let you go anywhere you please. (just funnin' with ya...don't anybody get all bent out of shape)

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                    I think your last point about attendance in November and December is key. The winter games at Coughlin were just nasty, impossible to stay warm without being completely uncomfortable. I hope the new stadium is better in terms of blocking wind with the more enclosed design, but if not, it will be impossible to completely fill that stadium on a negative degree day. We aren't the packers. I thought it would have been smart to build an indoor stadium in our climate (I thought that about the Twins baseball stadium too), but money always gets in the way. I feel like with an indoor stadium, our attendance is similar to that of NDSU's. This year's schedule worked out nicely with no really late home games, but unfortunately that is not the case every year.
                    I saw one person talk about NFL teams in the upper midwest build indoor stadiums. I said that the NFL regular season goes into January which is 6 weeks longer that the college (regular) season. I really hope that we have problems with weather because if we have bad weather for more than one or two home games, that means we are hosting home playoff games. I would much rather be outdoors the first month and a half to two months of the season that sitting in a dome. I think unless you have a big donor step up and request/pay for a indoor stadium, it's hard to justify the extra $50 million that it would probably cost to build an indoor stadium.
                    Hopefully, between three sides of the stadium being enclosed and the SJAC on the north, the winds will stay out of there. All wind stinks but to me it seems that NW wind is the worst and there might be a gap there for the wind to get in. Hopefully, it's just not a big gap.

Comment

check back with me when you are Tailgating mid-December in negative weather and you have to find the extra gear.

Comment

Not a smack thread.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                          Not a smack thread.
                          I thought we were doing pretty good! So maybe the last pic was a bit much...

Comment

It was stated that Hobo Days tailgating is legit. Show me a pic like that from any other game in the year. I like a good tailgate as much as the next Jacks fan, but the point is, it's not that good and can significantly improve.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                              It was stated that Hobo Days tailgating is legit. Show me a pic like that from any other game in the year. I like a good tailgate as much as the next Jacks fan, but the point is, it's not that good and can significantly improve.
                              Agree completely.

Comment

We ordered our 4 tickets today before they go onsale to the public. took for ever for the ticket office to call back. they must be pretty busy with orders. We are in section 116. would not have been my first choice. werent even offered other options since they are so busy. Probably wont take long tomorrow to make it officially sold out. I will just in the mean time think of that Koenig TD run from a few years back against NDSU.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X