2017 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Recruiting List

Brett Kitrell has decommited from Minnesota.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
      Brett Kitrell has decommited from Minnesota.
      Imagine his offer was pulled by new coaching staff.

Comment

I'm not sure what to think about PJ Fleck taking over the reigns at The U? It's fun to think we still have an outside chance at landing Brett Kitrell, our first offer in this class. However, Fleck may be taking more potential recruits away from the MVFC in the future.

I know he has visions of trying to make the Gophers a big dog in the Big Ten, but early indications show that he wants to land many of the top in-state recruits. One of the Bison's top verbal commits, TE - Noah Gindorff is scheduled to take an official visit with PJ's staff this week after receiving an offer last weekend. Gindorff committed to the Bison last July.

The allure of these offers from Power 5 schools is tough to overcome sometimes. It's easy to argue that the visibility and potential for higher competition could improve your stock if your aspirations are the NFL. I just hope some realize that the net for NFL talent is much broader than what those big schools can offer. Carson Wentz is the most visible recent proof of the potential of playing at a smaller school and making it big time. A strength of selling programs like ours is examples like Wieneke and Goedert. They have had a chance to see the field earlier in their college careers and have not only improved their skill set by playing more, but have had a longer window of exposure by playing more. Successful NFL execs don't miss on potential talent that is being played outside of the Power 5 schools. If they lose focus on this talent pool, they won't be in the NFL for long.

Comment

Running back Pierre Strong from Little Rock is taking an official visit today in Brookings!

Jason Kilburn ‏@Jason_Kilburn 6h6 hours ago LR McClellan RB @pierrestrongjr will be taking an official visit to South Dakota State today! #ARNextLevel

Comment

Looks like Illinois State got a good TE.

TE - Tanner Taula, 6'6" 210, Blue Springs, MO - HUDLOffers: Hawaii, Illinois St, Missouri St, NDSU, S Illinois, USD, W Illinois, Columbia, Holy Cross, Jacksonville St, N Colorado, SE Missouri State

Comment

New offer out:

OLB/SS - Tylen Small, 6'1" 170, Plantation, FL (Plantation HS)
              Offers from: Liberty, SEMO

http://www.hudl.com/profile/6132824/tylen-small

https://twitter.com/SmallTylen/statu...74911196270592

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                Running back Pierre Strong from Little Rock is taking an official visit today in Brookings!

Jason Kilburn ‏@Jason_Kilburn 6h6 hours ago LR McClellan RB @pierrestrongjr will be taking an official visit to South Dakota State today! #ARNextLevel
                You always know there is a visit that day when you drive by the stadium. The video board is on!
                Rollin' in my 5.0
                With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Visiting this weekend:
                  OLB - Kris Reid Jr, 6'1" 205, Westchester, IL (St Joseph)
                  http://247sports.com/Player/Kris-Reid-Jr-83341

Comment

New Offer:

S - Michael Tutsie, 6'0" 195, Indianapolis, IN (Warren Central HS)
                    Other Offers: Eastern Illinois, Indiana State

http://www.hudl.com/profile/3146326/michael-tutsie

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                      New Offer:

S - Michael Tutsie, 6'0" 195, Indianapolis, IN (Warren Central HS)
                      Other Offers: Eastern Illinois, Indiana State

http://www.hudl.com/profile/3146326/michael-tutsie
                      Would be cool if he came here, if only so I could joke that every fumble he forced and successful safety blitz be called a "Tutsie Pop"

Comment

Sorry, been really busy lately - would be interested in folks' grades so far on this class and a Twitter-length analysis why you give that grade.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                          Sorry, been really busy lately - would be interested in folks' grades so far on this class and a Twitter-length analysis why you give that grade.
                          Obviously, it all depends how the next five years go, but I give this class a solid B.

Love the hogs, now we just need speed and playmakers.
                          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

[QUOTE=WestSideRabbit;309087]Obviously, it all depends how the next five years go, but I give this class a solid B.

Love the hogs, now we just need speed and playmakers.[/QUOTE\

Thanks, WestSide

Comment

By the looks of Kris Reid Jr's tweet from 1 hour ago, we may have a commit. It says "Official !!! #GOJACKS"

Comment

I give a quick grade of our class so far as I see it of our current scholarship commits...

QB-C: Don't really see Bullock making any amazing throws, but his hand eye coordination really shows up with how he handles the bad snaps. He's also fast. His HS tape reminds me a lot of Dalton Douglas tape.

RB-TBD

WR/TE-C+/B-: Wandmaker reminds me of a more athletic Landberg, not primary target but a good complimentary target and solid blocker. I really like his JR tape. Egan doesn't really have many offensive highlights, but you can see his burst of the LOS from his DE highlights.

OL-B+/A-: I specifically really like Boen, Smithback, and Lickliss. They show really quick feet and I'm really impressed with their ability to chip block one defender before picking up another. That takes real skill.

DL-A-: Not sure about Ward and its hard to tell about Krolikowski cause he is simply bigger and stronger than everybody in 11B, although his SR highlights are damn impressive. Simpson reminds me of Soulek, huge and quick. Really impressed with his ability to get down the line horizontally and how quick he bounces off of cut blocks, real nimble. Winkleman almost reminds me of somebody between Steffen and Batten, I'm real curios to see how much weight they put on him, I'm hoping they keep him on the lighter side to take advantage of his explosion.

LB-Temporary A+: Levi Brown is the most underrated recruit of our class, he is a lengthier Rozeboom imo. Urbanek is obviously considered the darling of the class if he stays. From what I can tell from his twitter, Seven Wilson is still committed, and I really like him. His highlights remind me a lot of TJ Lally.

CB/S-TBD

ST-TBD: Can't lie, I haven't really looked into either commit.

Comment

Working...
                                X