X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Recruiting List

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
    can we start a 2019 recruiting thread?
    Nash Hutmacher 6'3 275 lb freshman at Chamberlain. #72 below. He's man among children already squats 400+ Coach Bono already knows about him, he's been wrestling heavy weight varsity since the 7th grade. He also runs in the 4 x100 and throws shot and discus. Athletic as hell
    What is his family history?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
      What is his family history?

Well...typically that shouldn't matter I look at the kid himself and what he is currently doing, his Dad is bigger than he is if you are looking for continued growth potential. (Also not related to me if that's what you are thinking)
      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

can we start a 2019 recruiting thread?
        Nash Hutmacher 6'3 275 lb freshman at Chamberlain. #72 below. He's man among children already squats 400+ Coach Bono already knows about him, he's been wrestling heavy weight varsity since the 7th grade. He also runs in the 4 x100 and throws shot and discus. Athletic as hell
        This would be a hella good get athletically at least. He runs the 4x100 at 275? Holy balls.
        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
          This would be a hella good get athletically at least. He runs the 4x100 at 275? Holy balls.
          To be fair I don't know if he had hit the 275 during track....he was only 245 I believe during wrestling season.....last I had heard he had hit 275.

P.S. this isn't my blog but it's a nice little write up on this kid.
          http://panicbutton.sportsblog.com/po...s-records.html

Comment

I've known Nash and his family for awhile. While it is tough to project a player that is only a freshman in high school, if I was a betting man I would say that Nash will be a big time recruit out of the state of South Dakota in either Football or Wrestling and end up in the Big Ten. His dad is the Police Chief in Chamberlain and was a heck of an athlete, turned body builder, turned strongman. His dad is probably all of 6'4" 350 lbs, with a lot of muscle. Nash looks to be following the exact same genetic mold as his dad.

Comment

Amazing physical athlete, I'm guessing Big 10 or SEC. If his improvement continues, the sky is the limit. Maybe the Jacks should start singing a sweet song. The position possibilities are practically endless. Wish the best of luck to this young man.

Comment

I am thinking out of SDSU reach.

Comment

I'm all for the excitement of locking down in-state talent, especially big boys like Nash. However, I'd like to temper excitement and expectations as the young man has four years of high school football to play. I have not set up a 2019 page yet for two reasons, as far as we know he hasn't been offered by Coach Stig and crew. Second, our 2018 recruiting thread has modest activity and isn't even a sticky thread that warrants significant viewing yet.

I wish Nash well, and hope he develops into a major talent that ends up in Brookings. I suspect that by next year he will start receiving serious offers.

Comment

Well...typically that shouldn't matter I look at the kid himself and what he is currently doing, his Dad is bigger than he is if you are looking for continued growth potential. (Also not related to me if that's what you are thinking)
                    Sorry. I meant to ask if his parents were SDSU grads or something like NDSU grads. Does he have any family connection to SDSU? It sounds like he may be going FBS anyway.

LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                      I'm all for the excitement of locking down in-state talent, especially big boys like Nash. However, I'd like to temper excitement and expectations as the young man has four years of high school football to play.
                      No one seemed to temper that over Farnioks. I see your point on the offers not made as not being pertinent. Note though at this time coaches can talk to a player before they are either a Junior or Sophomore(I forget which)? He isn't on anyone's radar currently except Dakota schools, nothing like laying the groundwork for a shot at our instate talent. I think he's the type of kid who gets an out of state P5 school offer he would(and should) go(even if it's ****ing Nebraska). If its FCS or D1 wrestling, that's a huge decision and choice to make. I think.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                        Sorry. I meant to ask if his parents were SDSU grads or something like NDSU grads. Does he have any family connection to SDSU? It sounds like he may be going FBS anyway.

not sure, I think for wrestling, Bono is keeping pretty good tabs on his progress. He wrestled heavyweight as a 7th grader and 8th grader went to state.....hard to ignore that. So regardless he will be really familiar with State from just that.

Comment

Since he (Nash) is a Freshmen in HS he would be in a 2020 Recruiting list.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            I am thinking out of SDSU reach.
                            I think we need to stop thinking that anyone is out of SDSU's reach.
                            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                              This!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                                Seven pages of bing search tells me different. This kid is unreal. Just do your Bing or Google search. I have no idea why this name never came up before. We do have a good wrestling program, but its going to take more than that to get him on campus, when he most likely will have offers from the P5. He can go anywhere from Chamberlain, the way I see it. I will now put back on my yellow and blue glasses and I am sure we will be in agreement.
                                Last edited by Nidaros; 08-29-2016, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X