2017 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Recruiting List

Speaking of Nebraska Pipeline. Has anyone seen this OT, 6'5" 300 Jack Carnie? With it being only his second year playing ball, no wonder why hes under the radar. My gosh, you resdshirt him and WOW!! He has just received his 3rd offer and USD is one of them. At the SDSU camp this summer he was noticed for his quick hands and fast feet. Someone is going to get a real gem!
    http://www.hudl.com/v/14DEnS

Comment

Originally posted by SouthJackFan View Post
      Speaking of Nebraska Pipeline. Has anyone seen this OT, 6'5" 300 Jack Carnie? With it being only his second year playing ball, no wonder why hes under the radar. My gosh, you resdshirt him and WOW!! He has just received his 3rd offer and USD is one of them. At the SDSU camp this summer he was noticed for his quick hands and fast feet. Someone is going to get a real gem!
      http://www.hudl.com/v/14DEnS
      Why did he only play two years? He's very raw but looks really powerful. Big boys are the hardest to project to college. There is such a disparity in size between the REALLY big kids and the normal sized high school lineman. Also, I'd be surprised if we brought in many more linemen. We already have 10 coming in plus Jack Domandle (2016 prize recruit) will be enrolling this spring.
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Yes, I get it. I guess thats what under the radar does for a some kids. I understand he had a bad experience in Jr high and decided football just wasn't for him. Some kids bloom late! His O Line coach was Brenden Stai, NFLer, and says this kid is the real deal. Think about it, have you ever seen many sophomores, 2 year experience, play like this guy does?
        Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
        Why did he only play two years? He's very raw but looks really powerful. Big boys are the hardest to project to college. There is such a disparity in size between the REALLY big kids and the normal sized high school lineman. Also, I'd be surprised if we brought in many more linemen. We already have 10 coming in plus Jack Domandle (2016 prize recruit) will be enrolling this spring.

Comment

Pierre Strong, RB out of Arkansas with an offer. This offer was back in October. He had a recent home visit with Coach Johnson, RB coach.

@pierrestrongjr Blessed to receive a offer from South Dakota State ��
          http://www.hudl.com/video/3/3327246/...24d813c823ac21
          https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/maple/186112

Comment

Terrell Brown WR out of Az with an offer.

http://www.scout.com/player/204212-terrell-brown

@TerrellBrown_ Excited to say that I've received my 11th Division 1 offer from South Dakota State University!!�� #GoJacks

Comment

Update:
              https://twitter.com/koernerjack/stat...68601334263816

Correction to the offer list on first page:
              https://twitter.com/nathankneifl/sta...88062126120960

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
                Update:
                https://twitter.com/koernerjack/stat...68601334263816

Correction to the offer list on first page:
                https://twitter.com/nathankneifl/sta...88062126120960

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Dang, I really liked Koerner. Again, I really wish Nielson wasn't in Vermillion. He's a good recruiter.

Overall I'm confident we have a really solid group of recruits coming in. I really hope that Seven Wilson settles on us. His Twitter bio says "SDSU Sleeper commit" or something like that.
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                  Dang, I really liked Koerner. Again, I really wish Nielson wasn't in Vermillion. He's a good recruiter.

Overall I'm confident we have a really solid group of recruits coming in. I really hope that Seven Wilson settles on us. His Twitter bio says "SDSU Sleeper commit" or something like that.
                  USED is not paying Nielsen those big bucks to tiddle his thumps. Some here have him pegged as a failure, but not me. Good old Cousin Edddy. He knows how get under rabbit skin.

Comment

I'm been following Jacks as close as anybody since we've gone DI and this is the first year I've seen USD win recruiting battles against us. I'm not sure how he's doing it, but I think Coach Nelson's class looks better than ours.

Obviously, nobody knows how it will pan out in the end. More than anything, I'm curious as to what USD's selling point is? I'm obviously biased, but I don't see one area that we don't outrank them besides overall success of the head coach and maybe playing a dome.

It would be kind of fun/interesting if we take a poll and ranked all the MVC schools by recruiting factors.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                      I'm been following Jacks as close as anybody since we've gone DI and this is the first year I've seen USD win recruiting battles against us. I'm not sure how he's doing it, but I think Coach Nelson's class looks better than ours.

Obviously, nobody knows how it will pan out in the end. More than anything, I'm curious as to what USD's selling point is? I'm obviously biased, but I don't see one area that we don't outrank them besides overall success of the head coach and maybe playing a dome.

It would be kind of fun/interesting if we take a poll and ranked all the MVC schools by recruiting factors.
                      Well they've got a head coach who has won two national championships. Even if they were DII he can sell to the kids he will bring one to Vermillion.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                        Well they've got a head coach who has won two national championships. Even if they were DII he can sell to the kids he will bring one to Vermillion.
                        A pretty hard sell though in my opinion. UM-Duluth competing in the NSIC is a bit different than USD competing in the Missouri Valley.

Conference wins since 2012 (USD's first Season)
                        NDSU - 36
                        SDSU - 28
                        ILST - 27
                        YSU - 22
                        UNI - 22
                        SIUI - 17
                        INST - 14
                        WIU - 14
                        MSU - 11
                        USD - 9

Comment

Factors such as university specialties, location of girlfriends and differences in scholarship amounts that are offered cost schools recruits every year. Losing a couple to a rival school is no big deal. The Jacks are likely to come out fine in the big picture.
                          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                            Factors such as university specialties, location of girlfriends and differences in scholarship amounts that are offered cost schools recruits every year. Losing a couple to a rival school is no big deal. The Jacks are likely to come out fine in the big picture.
                            It gives Cousin Eddy a reason to post. You can not leave that out. To quote Filbert's signature. "I think we will be okay." An agreeable post.

Comment

I too look at some of the battles that we have lost to USD. They have upped their game, err, recruiting with some success. I attribute some of it to strong recruiting coaches and a much easier road to significant playing time earlier in their careers. We are deep and young at many positions. It will be hard for many recruits to see significant playing time as compared to playing for USD.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                                I too look at some of the battles that we have lost to USD. They have upped their game, err, recruiting with some success. I attribute some of it to strong recruiting coaches and a much easier road to significant playing time earlier in their careers. We are deep and young at many positions. It will be hard for many recruits to see significant playing time as compared to playing for USD.
                                Another thought is we got the guy we wanted at the same position and the other kid didn't have the full ride or whatever percentage spot left. FCS recruiting is so much different than FBS due to division of scholarships. Impossible to know unless the coaches are going to tell us. We have a ton of OL and DL recruits committed. We can't have open spots for all the offers we had out if other players snatched the up. I also think our camps played a bigger role this year than ever in offers.

I do know USD is really trying to sell the business school as a draw for academics during recruiting.
                                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Working...
                                X