2017 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Recruiting List

Kendall Sweet, 5'11" 200 lbs SS/RB out of Tulsa, OK, has been offered by the Jacks.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3248686/kendall-sweet
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

I'm still anxiously waiting for the first verbal commitment to come in. We are on pace with or slightly ahead of our offers to recruits as compared to last year, but we still have not gotten our first commitment. It helps to have a strong early commitment to set the tone and it hasn't happened yet. On May 31, 2015, we received our second verbal. Jacob Brown was the first in early May and QB Alec Cromer confirmed his acceptance. If memory serves me correctly, our three 3-star rated recruits were also our first three verbal's to the 2016 class.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
        I'm still anxiously waiting for the first verbal commitment to come in. We are on pace with or slightly ahead of our offers to recruits as compared to last year, but we still have not gotten our first commitment. It helps to have a strong early commitment to set the tone and it hasn't happened yet. On May 31, 2015, we received our second verbal. Jacob Brown was the first in early May and QB Alec Cromer confirmed his acceptance. If memory serves me correctly, our three 3-star rated recruits were also our first three verbal's to the 2016 class.
        Summer camps start up here on June 13th, so once we start getting some of these recruits on campus and some experience with the coaching staff we should start seeing some verbals.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          I share your frustration but Waege is only one person. Maybe one too many. Especially two years from now he picks off our QB and scores the winning TD at Dykhouse.
          That's some real optimism.

Comment

Quian Williams, 6'1" 171 lbs WR/CB out of Moore, OK, has been offered by the Jacks.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3169353/quian-williams
            - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
              Seems like that's the nature of our luck against NDSU. Just saying
              Last edited by Nidaros; 06-01-2016, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                I really don't mind losing some players to NDSU, but I always wince a little more when it's an "in the trenches" player. I honestly think we have been much better than them in the skill position areas, but they have killed us in the trenches. Not to say this kid is going to amount to anything, but it would be nice to win the recruiting battle for some of the bigs that we need to make this series more competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                  I really don't mind losing some players to NDSU, but I always wince a little more when it's an "in the trenches" player. I honestly think we have been much better than them in the skill position areas, but they have killed us in the trenches. Not to say this kid is going to amount to anything, but it would be nice to win the recruiting battle for some of the bigs that we need to make this series more competitive.
                  With five NC's, I don't see any let up.

Comment

While I agree wholeheartedly with your assessment of talent in the trenches, and get your point, I think that NDSU's current crop in the NFL at QB, RB, and DB would put up a good argument that we haven't been "much better" than them at the skill positions. WR would maybe be the one position where I think our talent is better, but that's probably debatable as well outside of Weineke, and due to the fact that we run a different style of offense than they do.

But agreed on all fronts - we need to win some battles for boys on the OL and DL. Especially when they are from our own state.
                    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                      While I agree wholeheartedly with your assessment of talent in the trenches, and get your point, I think that NDSU's current crop in the NFL at QB, RB, and DB would put up a good argument that we haven't been "much better" than them at the skill positions. WR would maybe be the one position where I think our talent is better, but that's probably debatable as well outside of Weineke, and due to the fact that we run a different style of offense than they do.

But agreed on all fronts - we need to win some battles for boys on the OL and DL. Especially when they are from our own state.
                      This is a good post.

The thing that boggles my mind is how a lot of posters continue to gloat about how the talent level has been increasing year after year. I'm not sure I buy that. How many Jacks are currently in the NFL? Zenner and Vinitieri? We haven't had any recent Jacks get any substantial playing time in the NFL.

Don't get me wrong we have some talented players but I think we've been a plateau for several years now.

Comment

It seems like online use to be one of the stronger positions. Seems like there was a guy almost every year that was on NFL radar or atleast getting invited to camp. Like a Mitch Erickson. out of all the current oline I cant say there really would be any getting looks from the NFL. Shof if stayed healthy and didnt have bad knees probably IMHO would have been in that discussion. Last one was probably Witzman and just cant think of some of the others that were invited to camps.

I think NDSU fans if they had an honest disccusion and looked at it objectively would probably see on skill level players we have had a lot of really good players just as they have. Their lines are better and better lineman. The biggest difference I see is in thier execution on the field. They rarely miss a block, or pick up a blitz or on D they almost look like they play as a unit much more then any other D we go against. rarely will they loose one on one battles and if they do, they are swarming the ball if you make a catch or past the line.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

We can start in 2004 "D1 era"
                          QB- No Brainer for NDSU
                          RB: Zenner had better individual stats, Bison RBs showed up more in big games
                          WR-No Brainer for SDSU
                          LB - Heart of Bison D with 5 straight adv NDSU
                          DB - edge to NDSU with Marcus Williams

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
                            RB: Zenner had better individual stats, Bison RBs showed up more in big games
                            I know this is based on you watching him against NDSU, but I 100% believe his lack of production against NDSU was because of how good NDSU's lines were compared to SDSU's. He showed up in pretty much every other big game we had when he was there. 200 yards against Nebraska. 200+ yards in playoff games. Against all of those teams SDSU was not overmatched in the trenches. NDSU's defense basically just beat the **** out of SDSU's line for 4 straight years (and counting, I guess) and it really didn't matter who we had running the ball.

I get knocking him for how his statistics against NDSU, cause that's really all you saw him play, but I think that's lazy critique/analysis. I would say that NDSU has better RB talent depth by a decent amount.
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              This is a good post.

The thing that boggles my mind is how a lot of posters continue to gloat about how the talent level has been increasing year after year. I'm not sure I buy that. How many Jacks are currently in the NFL? Zenner and Vinitieri? We haven't had any recent Jacks get any substantial playing time in the NFL.

Don't get me wrong we have some talented players but I think we've been a plateau for several years now.
                              I've been saying that all along. Somehow, have to start snagging a few more 3's instead of mostly coached up 2's. Before any position is considered, team speed has to be addressed. They've had a few burners the past several years, others not so much. The hard part is how to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                                I know this is based on you watching him against NDSU, but I 100% believe his lack of production against NDSU was because of how good NDSU's lines were compared to SDSU's. He showed up in pretty much every other big game we had when he was there. 200 yards against Nebraska. 200+ yards in playoff games. Against all of those teams SDSU was not overmatched in the trenches. NDSU's defense basically just beat the **** out of SDSU's line for 4 straight years (and counting, I guess) and it really didn't matter who we had running the ball.

I get knocking him for how his statistics against NDSU, cause that's really all you saw him play, but I think that's lazy critique/analysis. I would say that NDSU has better RB talent depth by a decent amount.
                                Pretty much spot on. Running Backs are victims of circumstance, and the true measure of their quality is to look at what was afforded them and what they got. I doubt an objective eye could review the tapes and see very many yards left on the field by Zenner over his career, and that includes the Bison games.
                                - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                                X