Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU vs. KU

Originally posted by Roy View Post
    But the good ones behind our bench are $50 - $60.
    Those will come down. Last time we played in Lawrence, we sat 30 yd line about 15 rows up and paid $20 per ticket.
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2015/j...ove-steps-asi/

Comment

This is a very winnable game. In fact, I'll be disappointed if we don't win.
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
          This is a very winnable game. In fact, I'll be disappointed if we don't win.
          Yes winnable, even with the loss of impact players, we have no clue about the back ups who could have a break out game against a FCS team.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            Yes winnable, even with the loss of impact players, we have no clue about the back ups who could have a break out game against a FCS team.
            True, but they will be nowhere near the max for scholarship players this year and will be relying heavily on walk-ons for depth. Their FB program is a dumpster fire. 1-0 as Stig says 😃

Comment

Rabbits, you better win.

I"ll be very disappointed if you step foot on another FBS field and piss it down your leg
              2011, '12, '13, '14, '15, '17 '18 & '19 FCS National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by IBleedYellow View Post
                Rabbits, you better win.

I"ll be very disappointed if you step foot on another FBS field and piss it down your leg
                Why, Kansas is a Big 12 team. By my math the only FCS team they have lost to in the last 15 years is NDSU. SDSU has always played a very ambitious FBS schedule.

Comment

Rabbits, you better win.

I wish we had this FBS game last year. Sumner and Zenner would have torn KU up.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I see this as a winnable game but not guaranteed. There are a few too many questions marks at QB and special teams to say we should absolutely win this game. Running the football, as always, will be the key. I believe our defense should keep us in the game and the offense pull it out at the end. Getting excited for this game especial to see who will start at QB. More than likely Lujan but depends on how hurt he was. Also, I don't think we have necessarily pissed any FBS game down our leg. MO last year played in the SEC champ game, Neb is always good and we played them competitively both times. Second time their depth got to us, first time two TD's taken away. The MN team we lost to close went to a bowl game. The two that were really ugly (IA St and Illinois) both got out of hand early and that Illinois team had talent and Ia St was first time FBS game.we also were really young against KU that first time.

Comment

Originally posted by gobigblue View Post
                      I see this as a winnable game but not guaranteed. There are a few too many questions marks at QB and special teams to say we should absolutely win this game.
                      I agree and would only see a win as a bonus. We're not even sure who our QB will be. It's definitely more possible than the last couple years though.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                        I agree and would only see a win as a bonus. We're not even sure who our QB will be. It's definitely more possible than the last couple years though.
                        I see the last two people wonder about the QB but I think if Lujan is healthy we should be fine. He was 5-3 last year which isn't great but he lost to Missouri, Illinois State and YSU.

Missouri- He was only on campus about 2 months(?) and wasn't expected to play. I'm sure he didn't get starters reps in practice. He was still 21-28 for 239 yards with 0-TD's and 1-INT.
                        YSU- It was Hobo Day so the 27-30 loss was really tough but he didn't play real bad. He was 28-42 for 329 yards with 2-TD's and 0-INT's. We were also without Schneider for this game. So we only had 1 of our 3 senior offensive studs.
                        Illinois State- This is the game that he struggled. That was probably because we were way behind and needed to throw. He was 20-40 for 294 yards with 1-TD and 1-INT.

He isn't Sumner but now he will be on campus for more than a few months. He may get beat out for the starting spot but if he is healthy and gets beat out, I think we should be in OK hands. I don't know how much I want to take out of the spring game. All 3 QB's played about the same amount of snaps. If they practiced like that all spring, nobody really got a ton of snaps. You give somebody a ton of snaps and they will get better.

I think it will be interesting to see what happens in special teams and how the running back by committee works out.

Comment

I agree on the spring game and that Lujan could be very capable but need to see it over the whole season and he needs to throw fewer ducks and hit the long passes in stride. I dont think it will be RB by committee. Wallace will probably be the starter and Mangarelli will have same role as last year. The coaches all seem to be pretty excited by Wallace.

We we will find out. The hotel is booked and ticket reservations sent to the SDSU ticket office.

Comment

Originally posted by gobigblue View Post
                            I agree on the spring game and that Lujan could be very capable but need to see it over the whole season and he needs to throw fewer ducks and hit the long passes in stride. I dont think it will be RB by committee. Wallace will probably be the starter and Mangarelli will have same role as last year. The coaches all seem to be pretty excited by Wallace.

We we will find out. The hotel is booked and ticket reservations sent to the SDSU ticket office.

I should have made my committee comment better. I could see them go back to the starter gets the 1st- 2 series and the back-up getting the 3rd, etc... I can also see Gandy getting some of the goal line and short yardage carries. I could be completely wrong but that is my guess.
                            I hear what you are saying about Lujan. At least he played half of a season so he has some game experience. That is a lot more then it could have been. If Sumner didn't get injured, we would really be playing a guessing game on our next QB. Even though I'm sure we all wish we were in that situation right now. I still don't know if Lujan will start but he has some experience.

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
                              Why, Kansas is a Big 12 team. By my math the only FCS team they have lost to in the last 15 years is NDSU. SDSU has always played a very ambitious FBS schedule.
                              I've never down-talked SDSU's schedule. It just seems everytime you guys play a FBS opponent that is prime for the taking...some stupid accident occurs. Hoping that all your players stay injury free and I see you guys winning....just get over the mental hurdle of the game and I think you can win.
                              2011, '12, '13, '14, '15, '17 '18 & '19 FCS National Champions

Comment

I've never down-talked SDSU's schedule. It just seems everytime you guys play a FBS opponent that is prime for the taking...some stupid accident occurs. Hoping that all your players stay injury free and I see you guys winning....just get over the mental hurdle of the game and I think you can win.
                                Okay

Comment

Working...
                                X