SDSU vs. KU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SDSU vs. KU

For what it is worth it will be playing it at Drakes Place in Bowdle SD.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
      I disagree that we've squandered opportunities to beat an FBS opponent many years. Only year I think we lost where we should have won was at Minnesota. Here are the FBS games over the years:

2008: Iowa State 44, SDSU 17 (season opener at Ames, Iowa)
      2009: Minnesota 16, SDSU 13 (at Minneapolis)
      2010: Nebraska 17, SDSU 3 (at Lincoln, Neb.)
      2011: Illinois 56, SDSU 3 (at Champaign, Ill.)
      2012: Kansas 31, South Dakota State 17 (season opener at Lawrence, Kan.)
      2013: Nebraska 59, South Dakota State 20 (at Lincoln, Neb.)
      2014: Missouri 38, South Dakota State 18 (season opener at Columbia, Mo.)

Some might argue Nebraska, but we couldn't move the ball very effectively that game. Two TDs coming off the board hurt, but they did come off the board.

We played pretty well in other games, including the loss to Missouri last year. We still lost by 20. Again, Austin was hurt early. I'm surprised we kept it that close losing a senior QB.

KU in 2012 was one I thought we had a chance to win before the season, but we started a redshirt freshman at QB when Austin was hurt. That one might be included, but again, tough for that to happen when you don't have your starting QB in good health.
      Please allow me to clarify one thing with you mr.
      The first time we played Nebraska we beat them there's little to no doubt we got worked by the ref's. we beat them point blank end of story. Nobody will ever convince me otherwise so don't even bother

Comment

Looks like Kansas lost another player, this time a cornerback

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2015/s...tball-program/

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
          This is about the best chance we'll have for awhile to beat an FBS oponent, however, squandering the opportunity year after year has left me feeling somewhat negative regarding our chances this year.

Granted, some years we were just out-manned...I get that, but there are just as many years where we had the chance but shat it down our leg.
          The other thing people need to understand with the Gopher loss was that they went to a bowl game that year actually had a decent season. The times that NDSU and USD beat them they were really bad.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
            Please allow me to clarify one thing with you mr.
            The first time we played Nebraska we beat them there's little to no doubt we got worked by the ref's. we beat them point blank end of story. Nobody will ever convince me otherwise so don't even bother
            I don't have a dog in the hunt (although I don't buy it that we have squandered FBS games away time and again), but I think his comments on Nebraska (yes, we did get robbed, you are right SS), was one WE did NOT squander away...it just got taken from us.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu_drake View Post
              In honor of their favorite Son, Coach Stig, a great guy.

Comment

Zimmer's recent stories. Please click on the links.

Wieneke: http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...ason/71624110/

Replacing Sumner and Zenner: http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...eats/71624032/

Looking for Win Against FBS: http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...turn/71621260/
                Last edited by SDSUAlum08; 09-03-2015, 09:40 AM.
                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Hitting the road at 9:00 tomorrow morning. Hopefully see some Yellow & Blue along the way!
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                    Hitting the road at 9:00 tomorrow morning. Hopefully see some Yellow & Blue along the way!
                    Us too. It's going to be a fun weekend and hopefully come home with a win. Also Kravn in SF will be where SDSU is having a gathering. It was thrown together last minute but the game will be on and the beer will be cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      In honor of their favorite Son, Coach Stig, a great guy.
                      Stig is from Selby

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu_drake View Post

Google maps has it 10 hours to Bowdle. I'll probably just drive 45 minutes to Lawrence and watch it in person. Go Jacks!!

Comment

Stigs brother jerry is my golf partner for league

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
                            Stig is from Selby
                            No kidding!! And Bowdle is just miles away!!! Your point????

Comment

KU Head Coach David Beaty's press confrerence about their upcoming game with the Jacks:

If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

1 sleep.

Comment

Working...
                                X