SDSU vs. KU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU vs. KU

Who's in? Where you staying this time? Whew I you leaving? Ride sharing? Tailgating?
    The u
    100 days my Friends, GET hacked (up)!WeThe
    Last edited by rabidrabbit; 08-02-2015, 12:59 PM.

Re: SDSU vs. KU

I can't wait. We are driving up from Wichita and staying at the Oread Hotel about a block from Memorial Stadium.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Currently have a room at the Eldridge this time around. I'd recommend The Oread as its right next to campus but I'm guessing it's sold out. However, the Eldridge is nice if you want to stay downtown on Mass and enjoy Lawrence.

Merchants Pub and Plate is an excellent restaurant to try. Just ate there in January. There are a number of other good ones so feel free to ask any questions and I'll offer what I can.
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
        Currently have a room at the Eldridge this time around. I'd recommend The Oread as its right next to campus but I'm guessing it's sold out. However, the Eldridge is nice if you want to stay downtown on Mass and enjoy Lawrence.

Merchants Pub and Plate is an excellent restaurant to try. Just ate there in January. There are a number of other good ones so feel free to ask any questions and I'll offer what I can.
        I think you could get a room at the Oread if you ask for a block and buy 4 or more at once. That's how I did it last time we played in Lawrence. May be too late this time around.

We will be in Bermuda for a wedding which isn't making me all that happy. I'd rather be with the Jackrabbits in Kansas. A lot less expensive as well.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Probably leaving on Friday. Still need to find a room. Biggest concern is where we can tailgate before the game. Missed the game last time, just had a baby three days before, but won't be missing this one. I doubt alumni association will be having anything and the KU website seems a little less than helpful. Going to keep researching.

Comment

I'll be making the 2 hour trip from Auburn, NE. Probably won't stay there unless the wife decides she wants to stay. Hope to get there earlier this time around as I didn't have much time to wander around before kickoff.

Comment

Originally posted by gobigblue View Post
              Probably leaving on Friday. Still need to find a room. Biggest concern is where we can tailgate before the game. Missed the game last time, just had a baby three days before, but won't be missing this one. I doubt alumni association will be having anything and the KU website seems a little less than helpful. Going to keep researching.
              You can tailgate anywhere on the Hill to the South of the stadium. There is a ton of open space to set up shop. You can also tailgate in any paved lots, but you'll be on the opposite side of campus since you don't have a parking pass. I'd recommend getting a room at the Oread if still available, and just carrying your tailgate equipment down to the Hill from the hotel and setting up.

Comment

Game time announced for 11am.

Game can be seen on FSN.

Comment

Originally posted by gobigblue View Post
                  The alumni association with almost certainly have a tent set-up. Check the gojacks website as the date approaches. Its a great time.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                    Game time announced for 11am.

Game can be seen on FSN.
                    Wow. Did not see this happening. I figured it would be 6PM, like every KU opener I can remember.

Comment

I give the alumni association a 50/50 shot at having anything from conversations with them. My advice would be to prepare as if there is nothing and be happy if there is. I think they feel the expenses are too high and attendance too low for away game events. I'll check into the Oread. May have to be a PBR and eggs/bacon tailgate.

Comment

Seating is 50,000 and it is an 11:00 a.m. game. Will this game sell out? I have no idea about crowds at non-conference games at KU. I had no intention of making the 6 hour trek from central Nebraska, but I'm getting the bug.

Love the venue! It has been a couple of years since my son ran in the KU relays and we had a blast in Lawrence. Beautiful campus!

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                          Seating is 50,000 and it is an 11:00 a.m. game. Will this game sell out? I have no idea about crowds at non-conference games at KU. I had no intention of making the 6 hour trek from central Nebraska, but I'm getting the bug.

Love the venue! It has been a couple of years since my son ran in the KU relays and we had a blast in Lawrence. Beautiful campus!
                          The track has since been removed from Memorial Stadium. The setting is beautiful with the Hill and Campus in the open end of the stadium.

The game will most definitely not sell out. KU fans are resigned to another season of bad beatings. They do not have anywhere close to the 85 scholarships available to them filled due to defections during the Weis era and the ability to only sign 25 per year. Coach Beaty, KU's new coach, is hitting the recruiting trail as hard as he can, but KU will again be a dumpster fire this year.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                            The track has since been removed from Memorial Stadium. The setting is beautiful with the Hill and Campus in the open end of the stadium.

The game will most definitely not sell out. KU fans are resigned to another season of bad beatings. They do not have anywhere close to the 85 scholarships available to them filled due to defections during the Weis era and the ability to only sign 25 per year. Coach Beaty, KU's new coach, is hitting the recruiting trail as hard as he can, but KU will again be a dumpster fire this year.
                            Tickets on stubhub right now are going for 10 bucks...and less.
                            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

But the good ones behind our bench are $50 - $60.

Comment

Working...
                              X