Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU vs. KU

http://www.sportsmemo.com/blogs/view/?blog_id=16721
    thos article even says the Jayhawks may not be favored against us.. I really like our chances against them. We should have strong defense and running game and with Weineke our passing game will be above average no matter who the QB is. This should be a very fun trip to Lawrence.

Comment

SDSU has a few issues to figure out so simmer down on any predictions yet. Offense needs to find the QB. Defensive secondary is thin now and it could be worse depending on who there for Fall camp.

Comment

Originally posted by gobigblue View Post
        http://www.sportsmemo.com/blogs/view/?blog_id=16721
        thos article even says the Jayhawks may not be favored against us.. I really like our chances against them. We should have strong defense and running game and with Weineke our passing game will be above average no matter who the QB is. This should be a very fun trip to Lawrence.
        FYI, 5dimes has SDSU at +5.5 right now. A combination of respect for SDSU and reality of how bad Kansas will be. I echo Hareofthedog's sentiment in regards to the QB. Without a doubt this season's success hinges on the QB play, whoever that may be. The RBs, WRs, and defense will be fine, they just need a field general, which is easier said than done.

Comment

I don't think they can beat us by 6. I don't think they can beat us. We aren't talkin' Mizzou, Ill. or the Huskers. I live in a Sr complex with about 200 KU folks. They only want to talk basketball. I'm going to stand in the Lobby with my Jacks gear on with a fist full of money. (Blackjack winnings BTW) Time to fund my trips to CAS for one last season. Don't want to hear any "Holy Nutmeg" talk. This is our opportunity! Go Jacks!!

BTW, the yotes are +36 in Manhattan that night vs KS State! The 'Cats have some catching up to do after our Bizun brothers handed it to them on their home field!

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
            I don't think they can beat us by 6. I don't think they can beat us. We aren't talkin' Mizzou, Ill. or the Huskers. I live in a Sr complex with about 200 KU folks. They only want to talk basketball. I'm going to stand in the Lobby with my Jacks gear on with a fist full of money. (Blackjack winnings BTW) Time to fund my trips to CAS for one last season. Don't want to hear any "Holy Nutmeg" talk. This is our opportunity! Go Jacks!!

BTW, the yotes are +36 in Manhattan that night vs KS State! The 'Cats have some catching up to do after our Bizun brothers handed it to them on their home field!
            I love the Holy Nutmeg comment. Rep points given, I like our chances.

Comment

Looks like more departures from the Jayhawks:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...ikely-starter/
              “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by rjacks21 View Post
                Looks like more departures from the Jayhawks:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...ikely-starter/
                At this rate, we might win by forfeit

Comment

Can somebody tell me what our section is?

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                    At this rate, we might win by forfeit
                    KU has added 24 players since spring as well. Trying to fill holes. I'm guessing they're counting some of those guys towards next year's scholarship numbers as they're allowed to do and others are walk ons to bolster numbers.
                    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                      KU has added 24 players since spring as well. Trying to fill holes. I'm guessing they're counting some of those guys towards next year's scholarship numbers as they're allowed to do and others are walk ons to bolster numbers.
                      Those 24 and what they can do seems to be our biggest obstacle IMO. No tape or film on them I suspect. Our best source of game prep would be a film of their scrimmage. Would we exchange these? I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        Those 24 and what they can do seems to be our biggest obstacle IMO. No tape or film on them I suspect. Our best source of game prep would be a film of their scrimmage. Would we exchange these? I don't think so.
                        KU looked terrible in their spring game, specifically their offense. They are trying to install the Air Raid and they are way behind on getting the bodies to do it. I don't think it would give us much to go on.

If you go to KUSports.com, you can follow along with KU's fall camp. They have a couple of beat writers at each practice. Tait, the main guy, is a huge homer optimist. He thinks every player looks amazing. Then KU wins 2 or 3 ballgames. Take it with a grain of salt.

Of the 24, this guy will likely be a starter:

WR Joshua Standford — 6-1, 200, Jr., Virginia Tech transfer. He can play right away

Another interesting add:

LB Jacob Davis — 6-2, 242 Wichita Northwest, previously committed to North Dakota State in 2012
                        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                          Can somebody tell me what our section is?
                          This was one of the more enjoyable FBS games I have been to and the score was 6-3. The Oread hotel by campus is great to tailgate at pre-tailgate and a great vibe. Highly recommend staying there or drinking on the roof. They crammed us Bison fans in the corner but it wasn't horrible. Amazing that KU football is so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                            KU looked terrible in their spring game, specifically their offense. They are trying to install the Air Raid and they are way behind on getting the bodies to do it. I don't think it would give us much to go on.

If you go to KUSports.com, you can follow along with KU's fall camp. They have a couple of beat writers at each practice. Tait, the main guy, is a huge homer optimist. He thinks every player looks amazing. Then KU wins 2 or 3 ballgames. Take it with a grain of salt.

Of the 24, this guy will likely be a starter:

WR Joshua Standford — 6-1, 200, Jr., Virginia Tech transfer. He can play right away

Another interesting add:

LB Jacob Davis — 6-2, 242 Wichita Northwest, previously committed to North Dakota State in 2012
                            There are a bunch of skilled guys out there waiting for their next chance. If they are still unorganized and learning their new offense we got a good chance of winning.

Comment

I was Googling Jacob Davis. I did not find where he played football the last two years. Juco perhaps? Watching his highlights he would put John Crockett to shame. Of course its high school ball. I glad he did not take the Bison offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                                I was Googling Jacob Davis. I did not find where he played football the last two years. Juco perhaps? Watching his highlights he would put John Crockett to shame. Of course its high school ball. I glad he did not take the Bison offer.
                                What's with the Bison this and the Bison that, Nidaros?

(Just have to kid you. I do appreciate your research on Davis. It is always intriguing to find insights on future opponents.)

Comment

Working...
                                X