Denver LAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver LAX

I see Denver Men's Lacrosse team beat Notre Dame today to advance to the championship game against Maryland. I will be cheering for DU to win it all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Re: Denver LAX

I watched the game against Notre Dame and that was the best game I have seen all year. One of the Denver players had the shot of the year. It was a behind the back bounce shot goal that should be the top play of the day on Sports Center. I will be watching the championship game on Monday and pulling for Denver. Fear the Pioneer.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Denver beat Maryland 10-5, they are national champs. Congrats to them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Yes congrats to Denver on winning its first LAX championship. My daughter has been playing for 7 years and I knew nothing about the sport until she started playing. It is a bit frustrating watching middle school kids that can not catch and run with the ball, but by the time she was in high school it has been a great sport for us to watch and to cheer her on. She has grown a lot because of her experience in LAX. She is a goalie and several small D-3 schools recruited her and the whole recruiting process was a good experience for her. We put her on a travel team last summer and fall so she got to play in Virginia, Florida and Colorado. She has decided not to pursue LAX at a competitive level in college, but we always look to see if they have a club team. Of course SDSU (South Dakota State) does not have a club LAX team and that has turned her off a little. The other SDSU (San Diego State) does have club LAX and right now that is her number 1 school of choice. I know in Minnesota that LAX is starting to grow, but the competition for LAX in Northern Cal. is really getting better and kids are able to compete against the east coast kids. Some of the local high school teams are traveling to the east coast to play games and are starting to beat them. I know St. Ingnacious in San Francisco played two top 10 teams in Maryland and split against them.

So before today the furthest east that a men's LAX had won an NCAA championship was North Carolina. But now a trophy resides in Denver and hopefully California can join that list some day. On the women's side Stanford has the best team on the west coast, but USC has a really good recruiting class next year and I look for one of these two teams to compete for a championship in the next 10 years.

Again congrats to Denver, that was huge win and great boost to LAX over here in the west coast.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Working...
        X