Club Carlson Point Devaluation May 31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club Carlson Point Devaluation May 31

Because I love my Jack Rabbit friends......

EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT A HARD CORE TRAVEL HACKER, YOU MUST READ THIS IF YOU HAVE CLUB CARLSON POINTS.

Seems like this is the season of deal dying, and as I posted earlier, one of the absolute best redemption deals is also dying. Club Carlson is stopping "BOGO" for 2 night award stays at their properties. This was a perk of having the US Bank Club Carlson Visa. Technically, you got the last night of your award stay free, but anyone with common sense realized 2 night stays was the way to go. And since you can have both a personal and biz CC numbers and cards, you simply booked two nights under one number, two nights under the other, then back again, etc. (This did require a CC visa for both personal and biz, but you could also just switch properties every 2 nights.) I stayed in a over 400 euro a night room in Paris for 6 nights for only 210K points doing this. You do the math on that, you will realize why I say redemption is half of this game.

Well, the gravy train is ending. BOGO ends May 31, and to add insult to injury, they are also raising the reward category for many of their best properties.

IF YOU HAVE CLUB CARLSON POINTS, WITH OR WITHOUT THE VISA CARD BOGO DEAL THAT IS ALSO ENDING, YOU SHOULD BE LOOKING TO UNLOAD BEFORE MAY 31.

You can book out as far as the calendar will let you and still pay the current prices. For example, I booked 2 nights at the Radisson Blu at MOA in Bloomington for February for 44K total points. After May 31, I kid you not, that would cost me 140K total points! Even if you do not have the club carlson visa, I would have paid 88K now, compared to 140K after May 31.

YOU HAVE OFFICIALLY BEEN WARNED. If you blow this off, and think it is not that important, you are forgetting these points are a form of currency, and trust me, you would spend your normal cash if you knew it was about to devalue by 70% in extreme cases...... In the last week, I literally redeemed over 200k points......
Working...
X