News out of Illinois St.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: News out of Illinois St.

I visited the Dykhouse yesterday to exchange my donors gift for DMC. It was the wrong size. Coach Stig was in so I gave a light tap on his door and was told to come in. We visited about my trip to Norway last fall for a while. I noticed his Selby Lions Helmet and asked him if he found any more good football players out that way just vaguely recalling one recruit from Selby last year. He said he had one from last year who messed up and was no longer in the program. He felt bad for him and thought he was a great kid, it was just matter of running with the wrong crowd and making bad choices. I not going to mention his name here. In fact I had to look it up in last years media guide, but the point I am making is that with 100 or more guys you are bound to have someone make some bad choices along the way. Coaches deal with this stuff all the time. Elmore???? I did not dare to ask. I left with a hearty handshake and wished him well for this season.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 05-22-2015, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SlapJack View Post
      How about a comparison to Charles Elmore? He broke team rules (twice?) and was off the team. I do not know and will not speculate what Elmore did, but it apparently was serious enough.

IMO, being arrested (and convicted) on criminal charges is a much bigger deal than breaking team rules, but maybe ISU-r doesn't have a team rule against dealing weed.
      I'd like to add it was a felony as well.

It's this part of our soceity where no one wants to accept responsibility for their actions.

Did anyone happen to see the response from the mom of the kid who killed the cop in Omaha?

http://www.keloland.com/newsdetail.c...son/?id=180344

"Let me say this," Kiner said. "My son was not violent and he was not a part of a gang. If a person does something to us we respond to it. We react to it."

Really? You react to the police trying to arrest your son by killing one of them?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

It's this part of our soceity where no one wants to accept responsibility for their actions.
        I did not quote the second part of your response for a reason. I think you should stick to the ISU-R situation here for fear of taking this board in a direction we do not want to go.

Regarding dealing marijuana, I think you're overreacting a bit. Marijuana is now legalized for recreational use in 4-states: Washington, Oregon, Colorado, and Alaska, and I present that info as a frame of reference here. Is what he did illegal? Yes. Should he be suspended a game or 2? Yes. Should he be kicked off the team and noted as "forever uncleeeeeeeeeeeeeean"? Absolutely not.

If he was doing the Tony Montana thing and calling people cakkka-roaches my answer would be different.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
          I did not quote the second part of your response for a reason. I think you should stick to the ISU-R situation here for fear of taking this board in a direction we do not want to go.

Regarding dealing marijuana, I think you're overreacting a bit. Marijuana is now legalized for recreational use in 4-states: Washington, Oregon, Colorado, and Alaska, and I present that info as a frame of reference here. Is what he did illegal? Yes. Should he be suspended a game or 2? Yes. Should he be kicked off the team and noted as "forever uncleeeeeeeeeeeeeean"? Absolutely not.

If he was doing the Tony Montana thing and calling people cakkka-roaches my answer would be different.
          Legally speaking, it is a felony. If there was a young man at SDSU who committed a felony, would he be reinstated immediately? Brookings is not Normal and I SPECULATE that there would be more resistance to a clean return. It goes to the crux for much of the law that involves intent and historical behavior. He was selling illegal drugs to an undercover officer. Fortunately, Coprich has the opportunity to stay clean and remove the felony from his permanent record. The legalized argument for 4 states that have a relaxed approach to recreational use is at best weak/not relevant. The metal of the coaching staff at ISU-r will be under the microscope.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post

Please show me where I said he should have been kicked off the team and been noted as forever unclean.

Comment

1st of all I really don't care about dealing a lil weed. Many times with drug crimes you can make them sound a bunch worse then they actually are. So I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on that one.

However they get a zero for public relations. You suspend someone indefinitely you don't reinstate them 2 weeks later (or at the very least you don't announce it that quickly). You tell the recruit you are fine, but we aren't going to reinstate you until the middle of June to save a little face. You do it in June and nobody really notices.

As for what SDSU does, blah blah blah, well many times you are comparing Oranges to Pickles and they just don't match, obviously someone with talent gets a few more chances, but the individual incident always factors into it, and so on.

Comment

Did anyone happen to see the response from the mom of the kid who killed the cop in Omaha?

http://www.keloland.com/newsdetail.c...son/?id=180344

"Let me say this," Kiner said. "My son was not violent and he was not a part of a gang. If a person does something to us we respond to it. We react to it."

Really? You react to the police trying to arrest your son by killing one of them?
                This guy will get his day in court, and with a state that believes strongly in the death penalty, its going to take a Clarence Darrow to save his life. White cop, black killer, a slam dunk by jury. Some will even want to pull the lever, on old sparky.

Getting back to ISU-Red, the coach is not a Stig by any means. I think he will win at any cost even giving whats his name a second chance.

Comment

Please show me where I said he should have been kicked off the team and been noted as forever unclean.
                  Well you indirectly compared him to a guy who killed a cop.

Something, something, drug war is stupid, something politics, I'm done with this thread.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                    Well you indirectly compared him to a guy who killed a cop.

Something, something, drug war is stupid, something politics, I'm done with this thread.
                    I made absolutely no comparison between the two acts or individuals. You may want to read my post again.

I was pointing out how our soceity doesn't like to accept responsibility for their actions or hold some (famous, rich, talented) accountable.

Comment

This is an apolitical site... No politics allowed!

After all, we're not Deadspin.
                      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                        This is an apolitical site... No politics allowed!

After all, we're not Deadspin.
                        http://www.moviewavs.com/php/sounds/...file=facts.mp3
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

You realize that line was never used in the series, right?
                          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                            You realize that line was never used in the series, right?
                            And the point is????
                            http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/dragnet.asp

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                              I know its a slow time of the year, but we are debating "Just the Facts madam" from Dragnet?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                                I know its a slow time of the year, but we are debating "Just the Facts madam" from Dragnet?
                                Pretty much.
                                I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Working...
                                X