News out of Illinois St.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News out of Illinois St.

Randy Reinhardt, beat writer who covers Illinois St. tweeted that Marshaun Coprich has been suspended indefinitely.

BIG loss for the Red Birds.

https://twitter.com/Pg_Reinhardt/sta...14464000434176
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Coprich Suspended

According to Craig Haley of TSN: "Illinois St. football coach Brock Spack has announced an indefinite suspension of running back Marshaun Coprich." https://twitter.com/CraigHaley/statu...13940039614464

Yikes.

Comment

Re: News out of Illinois St.

You beat me to it by 4 minutes . Craig Haley of TSN also tweeted about it. https://twitter.com/CraigHaley/statu...13940039614464

Crazy, will be interesting to hear the reason. Not sure if we will ever hear the whole truth though.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        You beat me to it by 4 minutes . Craig Haley of TSN also tweeted about it. https://twitter.com/CraigHaley/statu...13940039614464

Crazy, will be interesting to hear the reason. Not sure if we will ever hear the whole truth though.
        The follow up tweet I assume is an attempt at humor, but this guy did seem to have some kind of an attitude. Schmidt happens.

Comment

Looks like it's linked to recent drug charges. Got caught dealing some weed. http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/t...aspx?id=822962

Comment

Dumb decision there by a 20-year-old. Hopefully, he'll get himself straightened out.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Re: Coprich Suspended

Not good news for the Redbirds.

Comment

from... http://www.pantagraph.com/sports/col...74906ff1d.html

"According to McLean County Circuit Court records, Coprich is charged with delivery of more than 10 but less than 30 grams of marijuana, a Class 4 felony.

Charges state that Coprich sold marijuana to a police informant. An arraignment is set for May 22. Coprich was released on bond after posting $2,025."

Comment

The Redbirds are use to having players in trouble and take FBS players in trouble so what do you expect from the birds, trouble. The AD and President must not care or they would correct the recruiting and transfer of players with "shady" past. They should also send a message to the head coach but winning is the only message sent. This isn't the first player there to get arrested, suspended or kicked off.

Comment

Coprich has been reinstated. I believe he plead guilty and got two years probation.

Surprising.
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                      Coprich has been reinstated. I believe he plead guilty and got two years probation.

Surprising.
                      Unfortunately, I'm not one bit surprised. If you have talent, you can get away with a lot.

I'm all for second chances, but he was dealing weed. I would think a suspension would at least be in order. What kind of message does this send? I think it's safe to say he'd no longer be a Jackrabbit had this happened in Brookings.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                        Unfortunately, I'm not one bit surprised. If you have talent, you can get away with a lot.

I'm all for second chances, but he was dealing weed. I would think a suspension would at least be in order. What kind of message does this send? I think it's safe to say he'd no longer be a Jackrabbit had this happened in Brookings.
                        We did have a vital member of our basketball squad the last 2 yrs that got more than a second chance. Not necessarily apples to apples, but still...
                        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                          We did have a vital member of our basketball squad the last 2 yrs that got more than a second chance. Not necessarily apples to apples, but still...
                          Not even close to apples to apples. It was what a couple years after Cody's troubles? Not to mention there was some intense scrutiny by all involved over the decision to bring Cody in. Cody had a chance to learn and grow after his troubles. He essentially lost his scholarship at Florida over his decisions.

Coprich pleads guilty to dealing drugs and is immediately reinstated. Maybe there is a suspension coming, but I read an article and I didn't get the feeling that was coming. I'm guessing if he's a third string lineman he's no longer on the team.

Comment

ISU like their starting RB did not show good judgement here, suspend him for a game or two.

Bohl tossed a starting receiver off the team a few years ago because he did something similar.

Comment

How about a comparison to Charles Elmore? He broke team rules (twice?) and was off the team. I do not know and will not speculate what Elmore did, but it apparently was serious enough.

IMO, being arrested (and convicted) on criminal charges is a much bigger deal than breaking team rules, but maybe ISU-r doesn't have a team rule against dealing weed.

Comment

Working...
                              X