Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: South Dakota Corn Showdown

Originally posted by jack power View Post
    Oh well. I guess I didn't realize because I was watching the Jacks play baseball

Comment

Originally posted by mmiller_34 View Post
      Oh well. I guess I didn't realize because I was watching the Jacks play baseball
      Our Wrestling team shrugs at the results of the corn bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
        Whatever

Comment

i like the series because it helps raise funds to provide 100,000 meals
          Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

Originally posted by joeybrownerHOF View Post
            i like the series because it helps raise funds to provide 100,000 meals
            %$$#()(####%%%% liberal. That is the positive side to it, and it a good cause. Maybe next year we will win it.

Comment

I appreciate the Corn Growers for sponsoring this annual competition. However, the scoring system needs to be adjusted. The Jacks get no points for fielding a baseball team and advancing to the conference tourney, for example. Competition for the Corn Cup should not just cover sports that USD offers. That's not right.
              This space for lease.

Comment

Oh ****, who cares? I guess you. It raises money for hungry kids and both schools agreed to the terms. Congrats to USD! The Jacks need to improve their softball and volleyball teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I posted this on the wrong thread earlier today. With today's conference championship by the men's golf team, the Jackrabbits have clinched the cup this year. The current score is 12 to 6. Even if the Jackrabbits get no more points, but they will, the best possible score for the coyote's would be a tie at 12 to 12. We own the tie breaker. Congratulations to all of the Jackrabbits for another great year.
                  Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                    Oh ****, who cares? I guess you. It raises money for hungry kids and both schools agreed to the terms. Congrats to USD! The Jacks need to improve their softball and volleyball teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    And obviously improve their women's basketball teams as well!
                    Last edited by SDSUAlum08; 05-04-2016, 07:54 PM.
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

The Corn Showdown indicates the "showdown" was started in the 2012-13 school year.

Are some posters saying USD won it last year? I don't recall that. (I thought SDSU has won it every year but I don't know if that is correct. My opinion about the showdown remains unchanged: who gives a rat's $%@#?)

The corn showdown site does not appear to include past results. http://www.sdcornshowdown.com/

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        The Corn Showdown indicates the "showdown" was started in the 2012-13 school year.

Are some posters saying USD won it last year? I don't recall that. (I thought SDSU has won it every year but I don't know if that is correct. My opinion about the showdown remains unchanged: who gives a rat's $%@#?)

The corn showdown site does not appear to include past results. http://www.sdcornshowdown.com/
                        Scroll down on the news section. USD won last year 14-13. http://www.sdcornshowdown.com/news/

Comment

Thanks. I'll take your word for it. Just a dumb 'competition' in my view.

Comment

USD did win. It's going to happen. We are at a slight disadvantage in general to the series (the series is more a SD Corn and fundraising promotion than a true competition IMO) because of the substantial more about of sports we offer and scholarships we have. What I mean by this is that the sports picked for the competition obviously SDSU and USD must both have. Therefore, we essentially agree to use some sports where we are not as fully funded from a scholarship perspective than USD.

An example that may be wrong is I would assume they would have more men's golf scholarships as we have baseball and those additional scholarships to fund and still be in compliance with Title IX which reduces scholarship counts in other non-revenue sports.

Comment

It's great we won the showdown and all, but I'm more excited about the FCS Playoff appearance and the men's and women's NCAA Tourney appearances.

National success trumps beating up on your little brother.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2010 View Post
                                USD did win. It's going to happen. We are at a slight disadvantage in general to the series (the series is more a SD Corn and fundraising promotion than a true competition IMO) because of the substantial more about of sports we offer and scholarships we have. What I mean by this is that the sports picked for the competition obviously SDSU and USD must both have. Therefore, we essentially agree to use some sports where we are not as fully funded from a scholarship perspective than USD.

An example that may be wrong is I would assume they would have more men's golf scholarships as we have baseball and those additional scholarships to fund and still be in compliance with Title IX which reduces scholarship counts in other non-revenue sports.
                                I going on memory and past observations but we must have at least six endowment scholarships for golf, and some probably only give $1000 toward tuition annually, but of all the sports I think golf is seems to have its shares of endowment funds. Trying to drop golf would not be an easy task for our trusted AD Justin Sells. Its shame that USD does no longer have baseball. They would have a chance to pick up point this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X