• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Another UND controversy

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
    Well, not totally unique:

http://www.greatplainscollege.ca/athletics/

I like the logo. It would be pretty tough for UND to improve on it.
    Tallest men's basketball player comes in at 6'-2".

Comment

The Great Plains College SunDogs are my new favorite college team in Canada. UND could copy GPC, kind of like they copied NDSU and SDSU in going D-1. There's no shame in following leaders.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Maybe UND could be the "Fightin' Sundogs." You know, just to be different.

(This leaves the tricky question of what a sun dog would fight, and how it would go about doing it. Eclipses, perhaps.)
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

UND Slough?

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
            I think they should go with "Not Quite Canadians"... and they could put NQC on the uniforms, which would be a good conversation starter.
            If Not Quite Canadians is too much of a mouthful... perhaps we could simplify it to "Almost Canadians".

They could use the Augustana College AC on one side of the helmet, and the ND of North Dakota on the other side.

Comment

With no nickname, UND (or ND) might have to become "the other ND" so that sports fans beyond Grand Forks don't confuse it with the much better known University of Notre Dame. Thanks to a couple of San Diego schools, fans of SDSU and USD can identify with that frequent challenge.
              This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
              X