SDSU School of Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU School of Design

The Regents approved last week at their meeting in Vermillion, the SDSU School of Design. The School of Design is under the umbrella of the College of Arts and Sciences. The new "School" starts July 1. It contains five fields of study: architecture, graphic design, interior design, landscape architecture and studio arts.

Here's the news release from SDSU's website: http://www.sdstate.edu/news/articles...esign-2015.cfm

Re: SDSU School of Design

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    The Regents approved last week at their meeting in Vermillion, the SDSU School of Design. The School of Design is under the umbrella of the College of Arts and Sciences. The new "School" starts July 1. It contains five fields of study: architecture, graphic design, interior design, landscape architecture and studio arts.

Here's the news release from SDSU's website: http://www.sdstate.edu/news/articles...esign-2015.cfm
    Good info. Another debate point for me with my g-daughter who wants to go into some form of design. Way above average 9th grader, but, she said that SDSU does not have any program she would be interested in.

Comment

This is a really well-done, timely new initiative. Many universities (including mine) are trying to consolidate the idea of "design" into some kind of interdisciplinary program. I am involved in the process here at WSU and, frankly, I think SDSU did it better. The SDSU School of Design is more focused than ours (which ended up basically defining "design" as an engineering function) and builds on several strengths at State. It's a good example of doing this right. I even shared the SDSU plan with the committee working here, but they didn't bite. Too bad.

Look for more "Schools" to be formed in A&S at SDSU. It's a great way to foster interdisciplinary collaboration, something that, frankly, isn't easy for many people in higher education.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
        It's a great way to foster interdisciplinary collaboration, something that, frankly, isn't easy for many people in higher education.
        Typically harder for engineers I think.

Comment

Working...
        X