Upgrades: The Continuing Saga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrades: The Continuing Saga

As some have noted, things broke . . . specifically, things broke, it appears, some time between the 2nd and 3rd of April, when our hosting provider upgraded a thingie (totally a technical term) required by the board software, as well as the blog software used by the board's poor step-sister of a site (the one where the links to other boards, and the 'donate' button is located--you know, unimportant stuff).

Well, the hosting-provider-thingie-upgrade totally kerblasticated the blog software, while only slightly blorting (also totally a word, shaddup) the forum software. So I spent a frantic 24 hours or so, pulling out hair I don't have, before throwing up my hands and upgrading the blog software, which more or less fixed that. (More or less. Cosmetic issues remain. They shall remain for a while yet. 'Tis an imperfect universe.)

So I'm all fat, dumb and happy, living large . . . living medium-large . . . all right, I barely have gotten ready for my first volunteer WBCA shift here in Tampa at the Women's Final Four, when it comes to my attention that the forum software is blorted. (OK, ok, I made it up. But it's blorted anyway, despite what my computer's spell-checker keeps insisting.)

Blorted. Blorted, I tell you.

Therefore, I shall attempt a dangerous, death-defying, without-a-net (actually, over the net, whatever) upgrade of the board software tonight, more or less during the interminable pre-game and the terminable NCAA men's championship game (go Badgers?) when y'all will be watching that and throwing back cool ones rather than posting here.

I know you won't be posting here because I'll have shut the board down for the duration, beginning, oh, shall we say 7:00-ish, tonight, Monday April 6? (Central time, that is).

If you can get to the board after that time, either something really bad happened, or the upgrade worked.

Yee-hah.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Upgrades: The Continuing Saga

Shorter: Board will go down at 7 pm CT today April 6 2015 for a semi-emergency upgrade. It'll be back when it's back.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I have applied the upgrade, a minor patch, really. I don't think it fixed the problem, however. I'm waiting for response from the hosting provider on some questions regarding a procedure which should, I think, fix the issues. So the board will be back up, but may go down without notice if I get the response I need, and am able to implement the fixes required.

Stay on your toes!

Comment

Originally posted by adminhare View Post
        I have applied the upgrade, a minor patch, really. I don't think it fixed the problem, however. I'm waiting for response from the hosting provider on some questions regarding a procedure which should, I think, fix the issues. So the board will be back up, but may go down without notice if I get the response I need, and am able to implement the fixes required.

Stay on your toes!
        Testing . . . testing . . .
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

The board may be just slightly slower than it was before, but I think it's working more or less properly again. And, bonus, I got off my duff and applied the patches that have been laying around for a while un-applied. So, security, too!
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
          X