• Jackrabbit Scholarship Auction

You are able to now buy a bench made from the East Side bleachers. $150

https://myab.co/events/vM/i/_All/13jk/?search=

Re: Jackrabbit Scholarship Auction

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    You are able to now buy a bench made from the East Side bleachers. $150

https://myab.co/events/vM/i/_All/13jk/?search=
    Ordered mine yesterday.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      Ordered mine yesterday.
      I was considering it, but $150 seems a little steep. I checked yesterday, and there were some left. Not sure about today.

Comment

Silent Auction is open. Is the silent auction only open online or is it with an event tonight? Anyone know how it works?
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
          Silent Auction is open. Is the silent auction only open online or is it with an event tonight? Anyone know how it works?
          It is included with the event later today. The bids will be open during the scholarship event at Frost. I am not certain how you might log in for live auction, but it would seem possible.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

According to the President's Monday morning email message, the auction raised $597,000, a new record.

Comment

Jackrabbit Scholarship Auction

SDSU's auction made almost 600k and USD's 270k. #Flagship #NotASmackThread #Sorry
              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                SDSU's auction made almost 600k and USD's 270k. #Flagship #NotASmackThread #Sorry
                It helps SDSU when an anonymous donor makes a matching donation.

Comment

Go look at the disparity in the size of endowments.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                    It helps SDSU when an anonymous donor makes a matching donation.
                    Meh...I understand your point, but that's like saying SDSU had Zach Zenner so their wins in FB weren't as meaningful. I'm pretty sure anonymous donors are legal in Vermillion, too.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                      USD's is much larger.

I don't want to turn this into a smack thread or derail it into an argument, so I'll stop. Both are great schools, I just noted the large, large disparity in the amount raised at auctions being held on the same weekend in a similar format.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                        Where is this info available? Somewhere I seen that USD Foundation has more assets than SDSU, but that includes all academia and athletics. So I agree with Jackrabbit1979. SDSU has pushed the endowment of athletic scholarships for a long time maybe as far back as the 1950's. I suspect we are leading in athletics, but over all we are trailing USD. So what is the point you are trying to make?

Raising 600k for the auction is impressive. USD is following our lead on this kind of fundraising, but if we keep losing to them in women 's sports such as bb, softball and volleyball, their numbers will start to grow. Heaven help us if we lost in football and a sweep in mens bb occurred.
                        Last edited by Nidaros; 04-29-2015, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Meh...I understand your point, but that's like saying SDSU had Zach Zenner so their wins in FB weren't as meaningful. I'm pretty sure anonymous donors are legal in Vermillion, too.
                          Not making any type of point. Just sharing information.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            Where is this info available?
                            2013 Endowments:
                            http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandre...ota-state-3471
                            http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandre...h-dakota-10300

Comment

Thanks These are what I may have seen a while back. The nameless matching donor may hAve made the
                              be the difference. If total raised was matched dollar for dollar and 597k was raised, the actual raised was only 293k was raised. Not much more then USD.
                              Last edited by Nidaros; 04-29-2015, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X