Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Leon Costello - Finalist for Southern Illinois AD

Originally posted by GoJacks2010 View Post
    Montana State is already on the schedule. Bozeman in 2017. Return trip to Brookings 2018.

9/2/17 and 9/8/18.
    Being on the schedule and actually showing up for the game are two entirely different things when it comes to Montana and Montana St.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      Being on the schedule and actually showing up for the game are two entirely different things when it comes to Montana and Montana St.
      All fair comments. NDSU would agree. I would also bet Leon will see this one through to happen.

Comment

Good for Leon, and best wishes to him.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
          I think the point is that we have made trips to Montana, but they have tended to buy their way out of having to come to Brookings to play.
          Its about money and OOC play with FBS schools. Having a first class stadium might help us from this happening, plus Mr. Costello will no doubt try to hold them to their end of the bargain. Congratulations to Leon Costello on his new position.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            Its about money and OOC play with FBS schools. Having a first class stadium might help us from this happening, plus Mr. Costello will no doubt try to hold them to their end of the bargain. Congratulations to Leon Costello on his new position.
            Where did a FBS school become a part of this discussion??? I'm lost as I continually am when you post your randomness.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
              Where did a FBS school become a part of this discussion??? I'm lost as I continually am when you post your randomness.
              Likely referring to the scenario a couple years ago where Mont. St. bought out of their game at NDSU to pick up a payday with an FBS school. I believe that gave them two FBS games that year.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                Likely referring to the scenario a couple years ago where Mont. St. bought out of their game at NDSU to pick up a payday with an FBS school. I believe that gave them two FBS games that year.
                Exactly, TCU seems to come to mind since it happened about the same time we got TCU on our schedule. Seems like back about 2004 or 2005, Montana bought out our return game to play a PAC 10 school. Details are very fuzzy. I think you have to go back to 1970 according to the media guide to find the last time Montana played in Brookings. We might have better luck with return games with Montana State though with Costello calling the shots.
                Last edited by Nidaros; 05-11-2016, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Exactly, TCU seems to come to mind since it happened about the same time we got TCU on our schedule. Seems like back about 2004 or 2005, Montana bought out our return game to play a PAC 10 school. Details are very fuzzy. I think you have to go back to 1970 according to the media guide to find the last time Montana played in Brookings. We might have better luck with return games with Montana State though with Costello calling the shots.
                  The 2016 TCU game is happening because the Big 10 decided they didn't want to play FCS schools, so the Gophers pulled out of a prior scheduled game with SDSU several years ago. TCU decided to be generous and add us to the schedule as a September warmup game.

Comment

I think MSU bought out NDSU to play an FBS, SMU or one of the TX schools. For some reason I recall Montana bought us out so they could schedule a D2 and have another home game, but my memory might be fuzzy on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
                      The 2016 TCU game is happening because the Big 10 decided they didn't want to play FCS schools, so the Gophers pulled out of a prior scheduled game with SDSU several years ago. TCU decided to be generous and add us to the schedule as a September warmup game.
                      As I recall, the Gophers and TCU wanted to play and as part of that, TCU had to pick up the game with us that the Gophers were supposed to play. Perhaps I am misremembering.
                      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                        As I recall, the Gophers and TCU wanted to play and as part of that, TCU had to pick up the game with us that the Gophers were supposed to play. Perhaps I am misremembering.
                        You are correct.

Comment

No you are correct as I recall. Seems like some of the friendly bison fans where here complaining about MSU backing out to go play TCU. I been looking back for threads but have not found any.

Comment

I still have no idea why SDSU agreed to it.
                            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
                              But didn't SDSU do it for free?
                              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                                But didn't SDSU do it for free?
                                I dunno, but it appears according to posters back in 2013, we did.

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread...ture+schedules

Look at post 83 and those following.

Comment

Working...
                                X