Looking up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking up?

Big week for softball team - could ostensibly pass win total for entire season last year. Anyone heard anything about how the team is looking?

Re: Looking up?

Jacks split today and already have mathed win total from last season

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=210000520

Comment

Two out of three from Omaha this weekend and the Jacks are now even in Summit.

Team must be getting better.

Jack#1 have you seen them play?

Comment

I have not seen them play (conflicts with BB...although I could have gotten a few innings in. However, the results speak for themselves. From what I hear, the new coach has instilled a new attitude, and some of the talented young players we have are really stepping up, along with some senior leadership.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
          I have not seen them play (conflicts with BB...although I could have gotten a few innings in. However, the results speak for themselves. From what I hear, the new coach has instilled a new attitude, and some of the talented young players we have are really stepping up, along with some senior leadership.
          Good to hear, if you ever get by, always like to hear your scouting reports.

Comment

Your IPF is likely a big help. Our bubble seems to have been for us. Getting out and practicing fielding balls right away on a realistic surface must be a big benefit for us northern teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
              Your IPF is likely a big help. Our bubble seems to have been for us. Getting out and practicing fielding balls right away on a realistic surface must be a big benefit for us northern teams.
              Good point.

Comment

Jackrabbit SB came from behind to beat Creighton this afternoon in Brookings 7-6. Things are definitely looking up for the team, and new Coach Krista Wood gets the credit. Lost two to UND yesterday, but the first one was real close. This team is definitely on the RISE...GO JACKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                  I have heard the same thing about the attitude of the team. I think a combination of the new coach and the SJAC will make this team better. They have already improved some but I won't go just off of wins and loses this year(maybe in conference).

Last year, the team had 11 wins and all but 2 of them came against DI teams(I think). Those 2 came against Dakota Wesleyan.

This year, the team has 13 wins already but you have Dakota Wesleyan(2), Southwest Minnesota State(2) and UMASS Lowell(1). I have no clue about UMASS Lowell. We still have games against Dakota State(2) and Mount Marty(2).
                  That means last year we had 2 games against lower division teams(that they played) and this year we should have 8 or 9.

I hope that nobody thinks I'm saying bad things about the team. They are better this year and I think they will get better for the next few years. I just want to let you know that the record might be a little misleading this year.

I think the weather this year has allowed us to play more home games so we haven't had to cancel all of the games against the area teams.

Comment

[QUOTE=91jack;272801]I have heard the same thing about the attitude of the team. I think a combination of the new coach and the SJAC will make this team better. They have already improved some but I won't go just off of wins and loses this year(maybe in conference).

Last year, the team had 11 wins and all but 2 of them came against DI teams(I think). Those 2 came against Dakota Wesleyan.
                    Lowell Mass is D!. They are in the America East conference with Maine, Vermont, etc.

Comment

Since I got there too late to get a seat for the football game, I went and watched the Softball team take on IPFW and they were up 4-0 going into the fifth or sixth inning. They did not make any major mistakes that I could tell and on the positive side they scored 4 runs.
                      Last edited by Nidaros; 04-25-2015, 03:10 PM.

Comment

According to Gojacks, SDSU swept IPFW this afternoon 4-0 and 10-0. After checking the Summit Standings we should not have had any problems with Filberts favorite, they are in last place and have won less than 5 games for the entire season. I do think we are winning all that we should win and not many games left. Yes by and large things are looking up. Not a single player on the roster from SD, so don't know what to make of that.

Comment

SDSU beat WIU in the first round of the SLT 7-6. They get the privilege to play NDSU tomorrow at noon.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                            SDSU beat WIU in the first round of the SLT 7-6. They get the privilege to play NDSU tomorrow at noon.
                            We get to give them their first loss then.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                              We get to give them their first loss then.
                              And then USD, their first.

Comment

Working...
                              X