Flatten
    Severyn
    Duam
    Devine
    Dykman
    Doyle
    Gentry
    Jacobsen

I saw that SDSU returns 76% of their offense. One has to think SDSU will be the favorites. I think this team will be very capable of making some noise and getting back to the Dance after missing it a couple years in a row. It will be interesting to see what type of schedule they play.
    Last edited by SanDakotaState; 03-26-2015, 01:56 PM.

Re: 2015-2016 Team

Looks good. As of now, I'd say Devine is first off the bench for Theisen.
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Yeah, whoever spells Theisen probably will be the first off the bench. Dykman and Gentry are unknowns, but so was Tellinghuisen coming into this past season. With Broman apparently planning to transfer, there will be a scholly slot available, too. Who knows how that will play out. It would be nice to see Flatten or Daum challenge for a starting position. Regardless, this looks like a very good team.
      Last edited by Jacked_Up; 03-27-2015, 09:32 AM.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Unless at least one of Marshall,Parks or Moffitt gets injured , you would certainly think Gentry red-shirts.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          Unless at least one of Marshall,Parks or Moffitt gets injured , you would certainly think Gentry red-shirts.
          Agreed. Gentry should redshirt and be told his job is to gain strength, learn from Marshall, and challenge Marshall/Moffit every day in practice. If he does that, he can have a big impact on this year's team as well as prepare himself to take the reigns next year, as a lot will be expected of him.
          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

SDSU tabbed the favorites for next year according to Joe Lunardi. SDSU is projected a 15 seed playing against Indiana in St. Louis.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
              Looks good. As of now, I'd say Devine is first off the bench for Theisen.
              DeVine had moments this year. He has the skills, just needs to keep working.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                DeVine had moments this year. He has the skills, just needs to keep working.
                He had moments on the defensive end. Offensively he has struggled mightily. He struggled with things like catching the ball and making the short shots.

Why? I don't know. Probably a combination of factors. Bottom line is that with our motion offense we need to be able to move the ball through the center and unless Devine improves a bunch on the offensive end he will continue to ride the bench. He has plenty of athleticism.

SUPERBUNNY
                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Devine will spell Thiessen

Flatten will spell Parks/Bittle

Severyn will spell Bittle/Telly

Moffit will spell Parks/Marshall

That puts us 9 deep...and doesn't include Daum. Who knows how this will go.

Looks like a pretty solid group, IMO. I think Devine will be fine. If you looked at the Larson/Thiessen split this year... Devine should be fine in those minutes. I'm assuming they will continue with "small ball" with Telly at the 4, because of Parks/Marshall/Bittle...

Comment

USD just picked up point guard Trey Dickerson a transfer from Iowa.. He played at Williston State the year before and didn't see much playing time at Iowa. Anyone know if he will be required to sit out a year now?

Comment

Originally posted by jacked_up_rabbit View Post
                      USD just picked up point guard Trey Dickerson a transfer from Iowa.. He played at Williston State the year before and didn't see much playing time at Iowa. Anyone know if he will be required to sit out a year now?
                      Yes, will need to sit out a year. Since he didn't redshirt, he will have two years remaining after he sits out next year.

Comment

Good grief Reed. This kid is gonna be an entirely different player next year.

"Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                          Good grief Reed. This kid is gonna be an entirely different player next year.

Where did those arms come from? I guess part of it is perspective. When you stand next to Larson or even some of the big boys he was matched up against, he looked lanky at best. He's looking like Fiegen more and more, except he has the finesse game that Fiegen was never blessed with. I did love how he hit the boards as the season wore on. We know he can score, so his ability to defend the 4 and rebound sure makes the small ball work.

Comment

Any rumors about a 2015 non-conference game in the Pentagon? That was fun last year and we had a roster full of unknowns. I'd love to see it happen again with a veteran team.

Comment

Thought I would put this here.....I saw that you guys will play at Illinois State as part of the Cancun Challenge...

http://goredbirds.com/news/2015/5/8/MBB_0508153724.aspx

Comment

Working...
                              X