Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2015 Spring Football

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
    The lack of coverage of spring ball is just plain depressing. I know this is beating a dead horse, I sure miss Terry's coverage of the Jacks. I would love to know who is excelling in practice at RB, who is stepping up at QB, etc.
    Zimm's first article on spring practice was really good. I don't think anyone posted it here, but it shouldn't be too hard to find.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I asked Zimmer who he thought was the frontrunner at QB. His response...Taryn Christion.
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
        I asked Zimmer who he thought was the frontrunner at QB. His response...Taryn Christion.
        I thought he said Lujan in his chat and if Lujan struggled early on, then he felt Christion would have his redshirt taken away.

His chat quote: "Here's how I see it playing out. Christion comes in in the fall and is given a chance to compete for the job. Unless he's absolutely lights out (which could happen), Lujan gets the starting nod, with Dalton Douglas, Tyler Finnes or Chris Little as the backup and Christion redshirting. But if Lujan struggles, Christion's redshirt is pulled and he gets the job."

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
          I thought he said Lujan in his chat and if Lujan struggled early on, then he felt Christion would have his redshirt taken away.
          Just going by his twitter response to me this morning.
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

His chat quote: "Here's how I see it playing out. Christion comes in in the fall and is given a chance to compete for the job. Unless he's absolutely lights out (which could happen), Lujan gets the starting nod, with Dalton Douglas, Tyler Finnes or Chris Little as the backup and Christion redshirting. But if Lujan struggles, Christion's redshirt is pulled and he gets the job."
            A true freshman... yikes. I've never seen him play in person. Is he as good as advertised by the SuFu media? Not being snarky, just an honest question for those who have seen him play.
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Really? I have hard time taking Zimmer seriously here. It's not like Christion was part of the QB rotation taking reps at spring ball. Play-making ability on the HS level doesn't automatically translate to the college level.

I'm all for Christion getting a shot, and I hope he does well. But seriously? Anointing him the #2 QB before his first practice in a Jack uniform? This feels like the build up to a big let down.

Comment

I'm sorry but that's ridiculous IMO. He's going to be a true freshman who is only going to have fall ball under his belt while all of the other QBs are going to have at least a year in the system. I would be surprised if Christianson didn't redshirt.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                  I'm sorry but that's ridiculous IMO. He's going to be a true freshman who is only going to have fall ball under his belt while all of the other QBs are going to have at least a year in the system. I would be surprised if Christianson didn't redshirt.
                  OK, here my issues with Zim saying this. In his chat he admitted that he doesn't know the roster very well. He didn't know Cam Jones, and he has seen exactly one practice let alone many games. Chrstianson is a great talent, but true frosh off an injury, trying to get used to the offense...

Comment

The best part of this thread so far is seeing the various spellings of Taryn's last name 😃

Comment

Let's all have a drink and settle down. I know he made this comment in jest. He just answered this in his chat and got the same question today (I.e. if it were me I might be a bit perturbed and answer sarcastically). Surely he wasn't serious, seemed pretty obvious to me. Get a beer and enjoy the off season.

Comment

I assure you Zimm's response to my tweet wasn't in jest. I've asked him dozens of questions over the years about various sports and teams. Right or wrong, he'll give you his opinion. He leaves the 'sarcasm' to his personal twitter account.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                          Let's all have a drink and settle down. I know he made this comment in jest. He just answered this in his chat and got the same question today (I.e. if it were me I might be a bit perturbed and answer sarcastically). Surely he wasn't serious, seemed pretty obvious to me. Get a beer and enjoy the off season.
                          Yeah join me in having an O'Doul's. Buzz driving is drunk driving. On a serious note, I doubt Christion is any where ready to take a snap. I am not saying he does not have talent, he just might not know our play book.

Comment

I could see Taryn being the front runner at some point this summer/fall, but not at spring ball. He isn't in the camp. He hasn't even put on the pads once for a collegiate practice. I like Taryn's potential as much as anyone, but I disagree that he is the frontrunner for the job at this point.
                            "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Zimm has little knowledge of any SDSU sport based on his chat comments and recent reports. I hope it gets much better or the Argus puts someone else on the Jacks. We were spoiled with T Vandrovec coverage of the Jacks.

Comment

Jeez, with the amount of complaining on here by some of the posters... maybe one of you can volunteer your time to start up a blog. (blogger is free), and you can attend practices, and attempt to get interviews with coaches, etc...

Zim got SDSU thrown in his lap, and still has Augie and USF. And he wasn't the previous SDSU guy, who got Augie and USF added.

He's doing what he can. Until, or if/when SDSU gets a full time beat reporter, the coverage is NOT going to be as good. Shoot, even if they do, it's going to be hard to provide what TV did.

I actually like reading what Zimmer has had to say. It's nice to have a different viewpoint occasionally. He's a good writer.

Comment

Working...
                                X